HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:57 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,587 Posts
Actually, if/when i go for a 450 or 500 ill go with a copterx frame, with zyx-s gyro.
Being a student i have a limited pool of resources to place on my helis.

Edit, does anyone know what the metal "shield" (the one with the sticker on) around the motor is for?, if its not important part of the motor id rather take it of as i need the extra space for the servo arm.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Dec 06, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:06 AM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Mine has a Phillips head screw as well. A set screw would be better as the Phillips head comes very close to hitting the tail housing assembly if you don't get it seated just right on the flat of the tail shaft.

Looks to be a .9mm, Mip makes a nice driver for this, normally around $15, work great, I have 2 of them for feathering shaft installs on smaller Walkera birds.

Attachment 5351500
I appreciate the help, you guys.... One more thing (for now)
I've got to replace the servos and I'm new to this. I'm looking at the Futaba S3157 (metal) I just want to make sure that they are truly drop-ins, and that nothing extra needs to be shimmed, cut, programmed, reversed, etc.
Thanks again!

Todd
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
I appreciate the help, you guys.... One more thing (for now)
I've got to replace the servos and I'm new to this. I'm looking at the Futaba S3157 (metal) I just want to make sure that they are truly drop-ins, and that nothing extra needs to be shimmed, cut, programmed, reversed, etc.
Thanks again!

Todd
These should need no modification what so ever.

"The master cp metal gear servo will be available on 12th Dec. , next Wed." - one01

http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11348
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:30 PM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
These should need no modification what so ever.

"The master cp metal gear servo will be available on 12th Dec. , next Wed." - one01

http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11348
Which would you recommend of the two? I don't want to deal with this issue anymore.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:40 PM
Registered User
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,587 Posts
well, the 7.6-9 is a brand new servo from walkera specifically for the master cp.
So its going to be a direct drop-in. However as its brand new there's no feedback on its quality.
So we do not know if there's gear slop or how long they last.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:56 PM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
well, the 7.6-9 is a brand new servo from walkera specifically for the master cp.
So its going to be a direct drop-in. However as its brand new there's no feedback on its quality.
So we do not know if there's gear slop or how long they last.
Thanks, I just kind of understood that the Futaba was pretty much a direct drop-in too. And they have been shown to be reliable - so I just wanted to make sure because it's pretty expensive for the set - and I don't want any more complications than necessary right now. Thanks for the help!
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Thanks, I just kind of understood that the Futaba was pretty much a direct drop-in too. And they have been shown to be reliable - so I just wanted to make sure because it's pretty expensive for the set - and I don't want any more complications than necessary right now. Thanks for the help!
I don't think the S3157 is a direct drop in, The case looks completely different to the S3114 which means that you will probably need to do some trimming.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:51 PM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I don't think the S3157 is a direct drop in, The case looks completely different to the S3114 which means that you will probably need to do some trimming.
Thanks, I appreciate it.... I'll just wait for the Walkeras.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:23 PM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Mine has a Phillips head screw as well. A set screw would be better as the Phillips head comes very close to hitting the tail housing assembly if you don't get it seated just right on the flat of the tail shaft.

Looks to be a .9mm, Mip makes a nice driver for this, normally around $15, work great, I have 2 of them for feathering shaft installs on smaller Walkera birds.

Attachment 5351500
I just ordered one on Amazon for $15.19 (including shipping)

Thank you!
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:44 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
These should need no modification what so ever.

"The master cp metal gear servo will be available on 12th Dec. , next Wed." - one01

http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11348
We'll find out soon. I just ordered 3.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I don't think the S3157 is a direct drop in, The case looks completely different to the S3114 which means that you will probably need to do some trimming.
This site may help...
http://www.servodatabase.com/compare...2146,2147,2148
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:27 AM
Registered User
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
183 Posts
My 3 original servos (wk-7.6-6) has Stripped and i ordered new to replace it to my CP, but i forgot to mark which servos should connect to the receiver position!

Need someone expert to correction my replaced servos for PIT/AILE/ELEV for it.

Below is the picture....

Name: Master CP_Servos Install.jpg
Views: 126
Size: 75.6 KB
Description:
nelsonlee is offline Find More Posts by nelsonlee
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:55 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonlee View Post
My 3 original servos (wk-7.6-6) has Stripped and i ordered new to replace it to my CP, but i forgot to mark which servos should connect to the receiver position!

Need someone expert to correction my replaced servos for PIT/AILE/ELEV for it.

Below is the picture....

Attachment 5355855
I just cant resist for this one.
RTFM !
Its all in the Master CP manual. Page 8&9.

http://174.123.113.85/mastercp.pdf
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:07 AM
Registered User
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
I just cant resist for this one.
RTFM !
Its all in the Master CP manual. Page 8&9.

http://174.123.113.85/mastercp.pdf
What am try to asking is the servos connection for receiver port but is not for transmitter setting!

Page 8&9 is for reverse switch!

I replace original (WK-7.6-6) stock servos, not other brands servos!
nelsonlee is offline Find More Posts by nelsonlee
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:34 AM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,496 Posts
How to install your servo back should be in manual on which port they go in.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade Mcpx v1 v2 vs Walkera Mini Cp vs Genius Cp vs solo pro 100 3d f.a.r.m.e.r Micro Helis 108 Jul 16, 2014 05:51 PM
Sold Walkera Genius CP with Devo 6 King.7200 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Feb 02, 2012 10:52 AM
Sold Walkera Genius CP Brushless version 3D with 6-axis gyro Devo stretch1100 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jan 25, 2012 08:37 AM
For Sale Walkera Genius CP with DEVO 6 bymannan Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Nov 07, 2011 07:57 AM
New Product Walkera 6-Axis gyro UFO5# (new version with Camera~) DLY Micro Helis 6 Oct 29, 2011 01:48 PM