HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:57 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,717 Posts
The WK-09-9 servos had metal gears but there was a lot of backlash in the gear train. On my V450 with the blades brought back a little for startup, the swashplate jumping and blades moving with the slack gears, would make the gyros go mad and the heli would try to flap its way into the sky... hopefully they have got better precision in these new gears.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:24 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Hrm, Would any of these work well on the master cp? Im looking for a pair of white rotor blades that aren't to pricey.
I did read that GF blades ussualy dont break on crashes. But that shouldn't be any different from the stock rotor blade. And as my skill only allows for some acrobatic loops / rolls i dont need the extra firmness of cf blades for now.

The two blades im looking at. Both blades are Much lighter then the stock blade, 8,3g & 9g vs 14,8g.

Alzrc 205mm GF Blades
HK 205mm GF Blades
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,717 Posts
You might want to check out MyRCMart.com for the RCX blades. I think they should fit. I have some here but it's 1am so I'll check tomorrow. I bought them thinking to put them on my V200D03.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,132 Posts
All 250 blades should work. They are thinner at the root so that you may want to use one or two washers.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
All 250 blades should work. They are thinner at the root so that you may want to use one or two washers.
Perfect, using a washer or two shouldn't be a issue.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:14 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,493 Posts
I use 205mm woodies that cost $2 from hobbycool for my v200D03 work great just use orings from FS.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Yesterday i made my brushless conversion. Its only very little space for the additional ESC and the wires, but it goes definitly like hell !!!
Im using a 30A Turnigy ESC and a 4200KV 300Watt Turnigy motor with the pionon of the stock motor.
Im flying without converter, the only thing to know is, that walkera seems to use an exponetial curve for throttle out. That means, that the motor begins to spin at 70% throttle. Between 93% an 100% is an enourmus difference in power at headspeed :-)
The best off all, the tail hold like a rock

My TX settings for throttle in devo7 Idle up: no expo P0: 0% P1: 65% all other: inh only highest point is 100%. Im using this only to spin up the motor.

ST1: Straight 93%
ST2: Straight 100%
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:42 AM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post

Honestly, this does not go through plastic, it's not a phillips head, and it IS even that small. If you don't consider this small, then I'm assuming that you could probably pilot this helicopter from inside the canopy - due to your freakishly tiny size.

EDIT: When I was saying tail shaft, I was talking obviously about the rotor shaft on the tail, since there's no actual "tail shaft". Sorry if that caused confusion. But back to the issue of this being a very tiny part!
I guess they had a running change then?....mine has a philips head screw there, not an allen head screw.
If you think that requires a small allen wrench you should see the one used on the feathering shaft screws in my minicp, it looks like a bent needle until you look closely at it
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:09 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Mine has a Phillips head screw as well. A set screw would be better as the Phillips head comes very close to hitting the tail housing assembly if you don't get it seated just right on the flat of the tail shaft.

Looks to be a .9mm, Mip makes a nice driver for this, normally around $15, work great, I have 2 of them for feathering shaft installs on smaller Walkera birds.

Name: mip.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 7.0 KB
Description:
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Last edited by Muskoka1; Dec 05, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:06 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,476 Posts
My Master should be here very soon. I have been looking at this thread with great interest. I am new to c/p helis but work with 4 ch mico's/ quads etc. Some sim work but need real life flying.. Anyhoo look foward to new field of flying. I have two Genius c/p's that i'll use first. Fired one up yesterday and like it. A tad quick for me but she isn't busted . I have couple of flying buddies who fly 250/450 sized 6 ch. One I know for sure flys V200D03 and also T-Rex 250DFC. I will pay attension. Yes I'm a fully blown out heli/quad NUT !! Just like you but need more experience. Yes aware of servo's and know about Futaba 3114's/ Hi-tech metal gear. Most likely go for futaba's but might get hi-tech also as I have the V400D01. Even have extra new motors.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:57 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
My Master should be here very soon. I have been looking at this thread with great interest. I am new to c/p helis but work with 4 ch mico's/ quads etc. Some sim work but need real life flying.. Anyhoo look foward to new field of flying. I have two Genius c/p's that i'll use first. Fired one up yesterday and like it. A tad quick for me but she isn't busted . I have couple of flying buddies who fly 250/450 sized 6 ch. One I know for sure flys V200D03 and also T-Rex 250DFC. I will pay attension. Yes I'm a fully blown out heli/quad NUT !! Just like you but need more experience. Yes aware of servo's and know about Futaba 3114's/ Hi-tech metal gear. Most likely go for futaba's but might get hi-tech also as I have the V400D01. Even have extra new motors.
Keep an eye out on the new servos walkera is releasing for the master. The specs on them looks great, as long as there is no slop in the gears.

Edit: Hrm, does anyone know the diameter of the master cp tail boom and the trex/copterx/hk tailbooms?
Im considering weather it would be worth trying to migrate all the master cp electronics into a CopterX 250SE, and replace the tail with the master cp one. This is so i could get spare parts locally, as there isnt a single walkera retailer here in sweden.

Edit2: just noticed the different swash layout, this might not work at all.
Last edited by Xermalk; Dec 05, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Keep an eye out on the new servos walkera is releasing for the master. The specs on them looks great, as long as there is no slop in the gears.

Edit: Hrm, does anyone know the diameter of the master cp tail boom and the trex/copterx/hk tailbooms?
Im considering weather it would be worth trying to migrate all the master cp electronics into a CopterX 250SE, and replace the tail with the master cp one. This is so i could get spare parts locally, as there isnt a single walkera retailer here in sweden.

Edit2: just noticed the different swash layout, this might not work at all.
if i was doing this i would use all the copterx parts including the tail but i would put a better flybarless unit on it and a walkera rcvr. you'd have a really good flier at that point.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post

Honestly, this does not go through plastic, it's not a phillips head, and it IS even that small. If you don't consider this small, then I'm assuming that you could probably pilot this helicopter from inside the canopy - due to your freakishly tiny size.

EDIT: When I was saying tail shaft, I was talking obviously about the rotor shaft on the tail, since there's no actual "tail shaft". Sorry if that caused confusion. But back to the issue of this being a very tiny part!
yes, the newer version use a 0.9mm set screw. Just get the cx250-08-01 screw driver set, which include 0.9mm hex driver.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:38 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
if i was doing this i would use all the copterx parts including the tail but i would put a better flybarless unit on it and a walkera rcvr. you'd have a really good flier at that point.
With that much i might just go for a 450 or 500 sometime next year.

Im just getting annoyed here that my heli has been grounded for 3 weeks awaiting a single missing ball link :<
Last edited by Xermalk; Dec 06, 2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:48 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
With that much i might just go for a 450 or 500 sometime next year.

Im just getting annoyed here that my heli has been grounded for 3 weeks awaiting a single missing ball link :<
about the 500....this is my experience, may not be yours, but my 2nd heli i picked up was my 500 i flew it about 5 times in the 2yrs i've owned it. The reason why is because I wasn't sure of my own skills, the heli is large and intimidating, the heli is very expensive (if you use quality electronics you're looking at 700-800) i'm still not feeling 100% ready to fly my 500 for fear of breaking it but this upcoming summer I am finally going to fly it for sure. I have a better job now so if i crash i can afford to repair it.

anyhow, my advice is to get a 450 first, not necessarily an Align either. If i was to do it all over again i'd probably have a mini protos or thunder tiger. If you look at those two models design. you will see that they are easier to work on than an align.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt