SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:22 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,723 Posts
Is the Spare port on the Master CP Rx controlled by the 7th channel on devo tx'es?
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:26 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
It's necessary but not the way walkera does it....I think they just dip the whole screw in a vat of loctite when all that's needed is a trace of it on a portion of the threads....I've lost count of how many screws I've had twist in two on walkera rc's because of excessive loctite....and the worst part is there is no easyout small enough for the micro screws on these helis so I end up having to replace the part with the screw broken off inside it more often than not.
It seems like the locker they use is more like CA glue. I had similar problems getting the heads apart on several HobbyKing kits I was building and needed to disassemble to grease and check everything. I needed to use a hot soldering iron to loosen the locker to. Remove the screws. Featuring shafts were the worst. Maybe customery in China to use CA.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Is the Spare port on the Master CP Rx controlled by the 7th channel on devo tx'es?
That port is designated for the telemetry motor temp sensor. Would they use a standard channel for that.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Tool for locking screw on tail rotor assembly?

Just wondering what you guys use to tighten/untighten the little locking screw that keeps the tail shaft on??? It looks like a hex under a magnifying glass, but I don't have anything anywhere NEAR that small.....
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:30 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Just wondering what you guys use to tighten/untighten the little locking screw that keeps the tail shaft on??? It looks like a hex under a magnifying glass, but I don't have anything anywhere NEAR that small.....
If it's the same as mine it's a small philips head screw...any jewelers screwdriver set should have one that will fit.

Be carefull removing it though, the heads twist off those little screws easily so if it doesn't feel like it's budging with moderate force I would use a soldering iron to heat the screw first to soften the loctite.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
If it's the same as mine it's a small philips head screw...any jewelers screwdriver set should have one that will fit.

Be carefull removing it though, the heads twist off those little screws easily so if it doesn't feel like it's budging with moderate force I would use a soldering iron to heat the screw first to soften the loctite.
It must not be the same - or we're not talking about the same one. This thing doesn't have a head, and neither does the one in the picture when you order the parts. It's the world's smallest little tiny screw with no head. It's like there's a little hex hollowed out - but again - I don't have anything near that small.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:10 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Just wondering what you guys use to tighten/untighten the little locking screw that keeps the tail shaft on??? It looks like a hex under a magnifying glass, but I don't have anything anywhere NEAR that small....
The only screw used on the tail shaft is part 46 in the diagram which goes through the plastic locking collar (part 45) and is a simple phillips head, it's not even that small.
If you quote a part number from the diagram then we know what you are referring to.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
The only screw used on the tail shaft is part 46 in the diagram which goes through the plastic locking collar (part 45) and is a simple phillips head, it's not even that small.
If you quote a part number from the diagram then we know what you are referring to.

Honestly, this does not go through plastic, it's not a phillips head, and it IS even that small. If you don't consider this small, then I'm assuming that you could probably pilot this helicopter from inside the canopy - due to your freakishly tiny size.

EDIT: When I was saying tail shaft, I was talking obviously about the rotor shaft on the tail, since there's no actual "tail shaft". Sorry if that caused confusion. But back to the issue of this being a very tiny part!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:37 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,810 Posts
Knowing how big that Tail Rotor is ... that grub/set screw is definitely small... Walkera aren't know for very accurate drawings either... usually it's V1 and since usually it's V1.xx that hits the stores there are some bits missing on the drawings.

Mono is right about it's number... but from the drawing and your pic it suggests allen head... not philips
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Last edited by thwaitm; Dec 03, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:41 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,810 Posts
And Walkera now have

MENTAL GEAR SERVOS ...

http://walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=Master+CP

Cool...!!
Last edited by thwaitm; Dec 03, 2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
And Walkera now have

MENTAL GEAR SERVOS ...

http://walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=Master+CP

Cool...!!
This is listed as optional accessories, and they're also listed as "mental" gears....
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:04 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,810 Posts
I wonder what's so mental about them...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:17 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I wonder what's so mental about them...
The fact that they're optional...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:31 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,810 Posts
Quote:
The fact that they're optional...
LOL - good one!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:47 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,723 Posts
Thats some very decent specifications on those servos. 2.8 kg torqe and 0.08s/60sec speed.
The gears looks like brass though on that picture.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk