SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Whole solution is to understand that you cannot have a heli which is 100% crash resistant
The whole point is to make sure that it's cheap and easily repairable parts (servo horns) that fail in preference to expensive and more difficult parts (servos/servo gears).
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:13 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBlenny View Post
Guys I'm sorry if this is dumb but I'm new to walkera and devo. I got the master cp with 7e and the only way it binds is if I turn the heli on first then the tx. But in the manual it says tx first then helicopter. Am I missing something?
It will bind either way but if you turn on the tx first (which is preferred order) you have to get your heli battery plugged in before the tx stops beeping which is about 8 to10 seconds. After that the tx is no longer in bind mode.

You could also set fixed id on your tx so you can skip that whole binding routine.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
I have over 100 flights and 20 crashes with it and its durability has been amazing. Provided that the servo issue is sorted out, the running cost per crash is as low or lower than the V120D02S. I am still using the same main and tail blades, main and feathering shaft, canopy and skids. The main gear and sometime the tail boom are the only items that are damaged besides the servos. I have seen at least two protective mechanisms.

1. The swashplate sometimes separate in a crash. It is a simple matter to snap it back together.
2. The main pin sometimes shatters in the main gear, thus functioning as a sheer pin.

The vast majority of my crashes were dumb thumb crashes although there were a few due to incorrect maintenance. Otherwise the only failures I have seen was a tail motor that died in mid-air after 42 flights. I also had a head link that flew off suddenly in mid-air. However, it could be that the heli have had a number of crashes and the link had become loose. As far as the dumb-thumb crashes were concerned, there were definitely a few that would not have happened if I could see the canopy and blades clearly. But Walkera knows what exactly they are doing when they brought helicopters with dark canopies and blades.

I do have some issues with how it flies. It is very heavy and behaves like a flying elephant at times. It is not that it flips slowly, it is that I often find it hard to stabliize following a half-flip to an inverted position. Sometimes, I saw some pendulum effect as well. Therefore, the heli seems to be better at full flips than half flips. Flipping to the L or R presented even a bigger problem to me. The heli would pitch forwards as it goes into an inverted position. I found this quite difficult to handle and just had a hard crash because of it. Basically, I think this heli is a great inverted flight trainer as long as you can get it into an inverted position. However, it is great for sports flying for beginners.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I have over 100 flights and 20 crashes with it and its durability has been amazing. Provided that the servo issue is sorted out, the running cost per crash is as low or lower than the V120D02S. I am still using the same main and tail blades, main and feathering shaft, canopy and skids. The main gear and sometime the tail boom are the only items that are damaged besides the servos. I have seen at least two protective mechanisms.

1. The swashplate sometimes separate in a crash. It is a simple matter to snap it back together.
2. The main pin sometimes shatters in the main gear, thus functioning as a sheer pin.

The vast majority of my crashes were dumb thumb crashes although there were a few due to incorrect maintenance. Otherwise the only failures I have seen was a tail motor that died in mid-air after 42 flights. I also had a head link that flew off suddenly in mid-air. However, it could be that the heli have had a number of crashes and the link had become loose. As far as the dumb-thumb crashes were concerned, there were definitely a few that would not have happened if I could see the canopy and blades clearly. But Walkera knows what exactly they are doing when they brought helicopters with dark canopies and blades.

I do have some issues with how it flies. It is very heavy and behaves like a flying elephant at times. It is not that it flips slowly, it is that I often find it hard to stabliize following a half-flip to an inverted position. Sometimes, I saw some pendulum effect as well. Therefore, the heli seems to be better at full flips than half flips. Flipping to the L or R presented even a bigger problem to me. The heli would pitch forwards as it goes into an inverted position. I found this quite difficult to handle and just had a hard crash because of it. Basically, I think this heli is a great inverted flight trainer as long as you can get it into an inverted position. However, it is great for sports flying for beginners.

Two things...please stop saying flip to the side...it's a roll, sometimes you confuse me with that till i realize what you're getting at. Second, you just have to try a brushless setup it makes a huge difference.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Last edited by pmerritt; Dec 01, 2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:44 AM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
Two things...please stop saying flip to the side...it's a roll, sometimes you confuse me with that till i realize what you're getting at. Second, you just have to try a brushless setup it makes a huge difference.
I agree, totally different bird with a strong brushless motor in it. feels much lighter and more agile when flying it.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:24 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Is it an empy document??
Something went wrong when i posted that from my tablet, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...zNiVS2f1o/edit is the correct link.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
It is just that many prefer to call stationary rolls flips because they are quite different technically. It is the same situation when moving back flips which are technically inside loops. I will make sure there is no confusion in the future.

I can;t get parts for a brushless conversion here. In any case, I will be flying my Trex 250 soon. I just want to use the Master CP in order to get acquainted to the size of a 250 when doing 3D.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:45 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Does anyone know if there's a trick for getting the feathering shaft out to take the blade grips off? The nuts seem really tight in there - and I feel like I'm going to break them or strip them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:35 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,874 Posts
The Master CP document is starting to look good now, we should soon hunt down someone that can send it in to Walkera (I doubt it will reach the master cp engineers if we simply mail it in).
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:36 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Does anyone know if there's a trick for getting the feathering shaft out to take the blade grips off? The nuts seem really tight in there - and I feel like I'm going to break them or strip them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
They probably have thread lock on the screws alittle heat from soldering iron will help but be careful sense the blade grips are plastic.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
The Master CP document is starting to look good now, we should soon hunt down someone that can send it in to Walkera (I doubt it will reach the master cp engineers if we simply mail it in).

I can have the document sent to Walkera for you.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
They probably have thread lock on the screws alittle heat from soldering iron will help but be careful sense the blade grips are plastic.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Jeez, this thread lock.... Don't really think it's that necessary there...

Thanks for your reply....
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It is just that many prefer to call stationary rolls flips because they are quite different technically. It is the same situation when moving back flips which are technically inside loops. I will make sure there is no confusion in the future.

I can;t get parts for a brushless conversion here. In any case, I will be flying my Trex 250 soon. I just want to use the Master CP in order to get acquainted to the size of a 250 when doing 3D.
oh, nice....i still think i will use my mastercp for awhile since it's flying pretty nice but I'm going to get a better small bird too....a gaui x2. I already started picking up a few of it's suggested upgrades. This is pretty much what i do in winter....upgrade/tweak everything.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Thanks man, I got it...
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:31 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Jeez, this thread lock.... Don't really think it's that necessary there...

Thanks for your reply....
It's necessary but not the way walkera does it....I think they just dip the whole screw in a vat of loctite when all that's needed is a trace of it on a portion of the threads....I've lost count of how many screws I've had twist in two on walkera rc's because of excessive loctite....and the worst part is there is no easyout small enough for the micro screws on these helis so I end up having to replace the part with the screw broken off inside it more often than not.