HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post
great thanks folks for the advises...really got lots to read up when receive the RTF set.
btw, these setting are default values or I need to input them into the Tx?

Thanks. :-)
No, these are not default. You need to put them in the TX.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,191 Posts
i Just went through the feedback document and rephrased some of the negativity in it. Walkera is supposed to read it, not do a quick look and discard it .

Its supposed to be a group document so some of them needs to be reworded more though.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2011
433 Posts
Anyone know what size the banana connector is? Also, where do you measure on these to get the proper size?
PonyBoy1973 is offline Find More Posts by PonyBoy1973
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy1973 View Post
Anyone know what size the banana connector is? Also, where do you measure on these to get the proper size?
3.5mm

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9284
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
Hi,
If you are new to CP helis, then I suggest getting an account over at Helifreak and reviewing all of the "101" videos (especially the "CCPM" videos)

http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

This will teach you everything you need to know to set up and fly any helicopter.

Chief
Excellent advice those videos help me so much when i started out .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,191 Posts
More Master CP owners need to put feedback/questions in this doccument https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...zNiVS2f1o/edit before hunt down someone to forward it to walkera.

Right now its only me and BThirsk that have contributed (that i know of).

If someone knows of other forums where the master cp is discussed please post a link to this document over there to.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
More Master CP owners need to put feedback/questions in this doccument https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...zNiVS2f1o/edit before hunt down someone to forward it to walkera.

If someone knows of other forums where the master cp is discussed please post a link to this document over there to.
some of those are my comments too
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
some of those are my comments too
We should probably add a "contributors" section. Ill do that tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:55 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
Damn, just detected a huge problem with the HK-15178B Servos.
If a HK-15178B servo is connected to the Elev port when you power on the rx it will not bind.
If you connect the servo to the elev port after the binding process completes it works just fine.
Binding with a stock servo in the ele port + HK-15178B in the other 2 works.
Somehow the rx must think the servo is a bind plug.

I just had to discover this after preparing the the frame and mounting the servos >.>.
Aside from the binding issue, does this servo perform as well as stock in flight?
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:03 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:

It may be better to discuss the issues somewhere first rather than allowing people to edit the document at will. This is what I think so far.

I think by far the biggest issue are the servos. If Walkera could not update them quickly, at least they should provide replacement gears to vendors. The warranty issue mainly concerns customers outside the China region. It is a perennial sour point and Walkera should really try to do something about it. In the very least, they should try to respond to customer inquiries. Another concern would be the life of the brushed motors but we need more feedback first. I had a tail motor that went out after 42 flights. I would also add that the dark canopy and blades are a nuisance. At least, they should provide a lighter canopy for us to choose.

You can actually go into rate mode by lowering the gyro gain to below 70%. The auto-recovery suggestion is interesting but I don't think it can be done with accelerometers alone. Otherwise, I think other suggestions on improving the firmware are quite useful. We should not forget this is a $100 product and should not expect to perform as well as a Trex 250 or Blade 300. For a start, the flying weight is 420g as opposed to 340g for the V200D03. This is one of the reasons why it acts like a flying elephant at times. Otherwise, it is much easier to maintain and almost entirely free of mechanical issues.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It may be better to discuss the issues somewhere first rather than allowing people to edit the document at will. This is what I think so far.

I think by far the biggest issue are the servos. If Walkera could not update them quickly, at least they should provide replacement gears to vendors. The warranty issue mainly concerns customers outside the China region. It is a perennial sour point and Walkera should really try to do something about it. In the very least, they should try to respond to customer inquiries. Another concern would be the life of the brushed motors but we need more feedback first. I had a tail motor that went out after 42 flights. I would also add that the dark canopy and blades are a nuisance. At least, they should provide a lighter canopy for us to choose.

You can actually go into rate mode by lowering the gyro gain to below 70%. The auto-recovery suggestion is interesting but I don't think it can be done with accelerometers alone. Otherwise, I think other suggestions on improving the firmware are quite useful. We should not forget this is a $100 product and should not expect to perform as well as a Trex 250 or Blade 300. For a start, the flying weight is 420g as opposed to 340g for the V200D03. This is one of the reasons why it acts like a flying elephant at times. Otherwise, it is much easier to maintain and almost entirely free of mechanical issues.
I agree on everything except the blades, i don't really need to see the blades to fly.....that's just me. I know a lot of people who like the visibility of the colored blades. Don't get me wrong, i find colored blades helpful but compared to the other issues it's minor. But Zadaw....go brushless it's MUCH nicer. Still feels like a fat heli but the agility goes way up. I just hate when i do pitch pumps or certain movements the whole heli shudders...I hate that a lot.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
I agree on everything except the blades, i don't really need to see the blades to fly.....that's just me. I know a lot of people who like the visibility of the colored blades. Don't get me wrong, i find colored blades helpful but compared to the other issues it's minor. But Zadaw....go brushless it's MUCH nicer. Still feels like a fat heli but the agility goes way up. I just hate when i do pitch pumps or certain movements the whole heli shudders...I hate that a lot.
Could that be the plastic/carbon blades or even the frame that flexes under all that force?

Anyway should i start a thread for this? and if so anyone got a good name for it?

Edit: document has been updated with a contributors section. Not sure if we should have one o if the thread would be good enough for tracking whose editing, at least Google docs tracks edits on the docs so one can go back and check whats changed.
If your logged with your google account/email it will show the name in the history instead of "Unknown"
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

You can actually go into rate mode by lowering the gyro gain to below 70%. The auto-recovery suggestion is interesting but I don't think it can be done with accelerometers alone.
Realy, ill have to try rate mode when i get my master back in the air, damn you single missing ball link.

As for the bailout, it should be fully possible to implement, the 3 axis gyro gives orientation while the 3 accelerometers easily lets the rx know if its inverted or not.

You dont need anything else for a level + increase altitude bailout.

@pmerritt, colored blades helps immensly for keeping track of orientation a little bit out, especially in combination with more visible landing skids.

A White Mastercp would be great instead of walkeras farvour for black ones, sure they look cool but its horrible for visiblity.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:53 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
For better visibility just put a tail led on your master :-)
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:05 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,277 Posts
pmerritt's Master CP has very good visibilty as well.
Picture please
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member