jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post
receiving my Master CP soon. :-)

being a complete newbie to 6ch CP heli....what are the things or setting I need to do, or could I just test it direct out from the box?
Just follow the setup from Walkera for starters and then tweak it to your liking.
The whole setup procedure will be in the manual that's on the packaged cd.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Ok, shall we start a document somewhere where we list things we want to know & suggested improvements/features, and then see if the gektor, itsmillertime, mescalinedream or Finless Bob can translate/forward it to the engineers behind the Master CP?
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:55 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Ok, shall we start a document somewhere where we list things we want to know & suggested improvements/features, and then see if the gektor, itsmillertime, mescalinedream or Finless Bob can translate/forward it to the engineers behind the Master CP?
+1
I will definitely add to it. We can start a new thread and from the comments made, add to a list on the original post by whoever starts the thread. What to call it.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Created a google docs document, anyone with this link can edit it. Also put in a couple of points to get it started.
Not sure if google drive is blocked in china or not, but we can save it as a pdf or word document when we feel its ready.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Created a google docs document, anyone with this link can edit it. Also put in a couple of points to get it started.
Not sure if google drive is blocked in china or not, but we can save it as a pdf or word document when we feel its ready.
So, how do we add to it?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
So, how do we add to it?
Everyone should be able to write in it, it auto saves by itself.

Edit: noticed i only had read enabled, read and write is now activated for everyone.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:32 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Everyone should be able to write in it, it auto saves by itself.

Edit: noticed i only had read enabled, read and write is now activated for everyone.
Works now.
Give us an idea of your format plans.
It has point form right now. Do we put specific detailed issues somewhere?
Should there be a place for people to list their names so Walkera does not think only one person is concerned.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Noted.

btw what are these setup for as I'm totally cluesless.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=33

Thanks
Sorry, I was just being facetious because I was in kind of a bad mood regarding Walkera stuff.
If you're buying this unit with a transmitter, all the settings will already be set up in the TX. The only thing you need to do other than check them is to set up Throttle hold. Walkera don't seem to think that's necessary.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I was just being facetious because I was in kind of a bad mood regarding Walkera stuff.
If you're buying this unit with a transmitter, all the settings will already be set up in the TX. The only thing you need to do other than check them is to set up Throttle hold. Walkera don't seem to think that's necessary.
thanks folks for the advice. :-)
got to read the manual thoroughly and hopefully can understand what those setting mean....

just wondering is there way to regulate the throttle power on Tx such that full stick up is like only 50% output?

Great thanks :-)
spectrumFlux is offline Find More Posts by spectrumFlux
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,232 Posts
Quote:
got to read the manual thoroughly and hopefully can understand what those setting mean....

just wondering is there way to regulate the throttle power on Tx such that full stick up is like only 50% output?

two ways to do this.....travel adjust menu or the throttle curve. once you get into the menu it's pretty self explanatory.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:45 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Quote:
Works now.
Give us an idea of your format plans.
It has point form right now. Do we put specific detailed issues somewhere?
Should there be a place for people to list their names so Walkera does not think only one person is concerned.
A list of names would be great, s formatting use whatever i only spend 2 min setting up the document yesterday. Going to go through it mpre when im back home today in 7h or so.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:56 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:

Here are some beginner settings you could try.
Throttle curve:
Normal:
L 0%
M 50%
H 80 to 90%
ST1:
L 0%
M 75%
H 100%
Pitch curve:
Normal:
L 0%
M 10%
Your first point after middle 20%
H 50%
ST1:
L 0%
The mid point between L and M -10%
M 0%
H 55%
TH:
L 0%
M 0%
H 0%
Set dual rates as per link posted to 70% and EXP to 30%
You will be learning in NOR mode until you are comfortable. Once you get the feel of it, change to the ST1 and try it. You will find with the higher head speed/pitch, everything gets more stable but can also get away from you faster. There are lots of good learning guides on the web that will help.
Ps don't try to set throttle too low as the will make the Heli sloppy and harder to handle. Also set your timer and don't fly more than about 4 minutes at a time. With low head speed and a lot of hovering, the motor gets overloaded and hot.
Last edited by BThirsk; Nov 23, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Here are some beginner settings you could try.
Throttle curve:
Normal:
L 0%
M 50%
H 80 to 90%
ST1:
L 0%
M 75%
H 100%
Pitch curve:
Normal:
L 0%
M 10%
Your first point after middle 20%
H 50%
ST1:
L 0%
The mid point between L and M -10%
M 0%
H 55%
TH:
L 0%
M 0%
H 0%
Set dual rates as per link posted to 70% and EXP to 30%
You will be learning in NOR mode until you are comfortable. Once you get the feel of it, change to the ST1 and try it. You will find with the higher head speed/pitch, everything gets more stable but can also get away from you faster. There are lots of good learning guides on the web that will help.
Ps don't try to set throttle too low as the will make the Heli sloppy and harder to handle. Also set your timer and don't fly more than about 4 minutes at a time. With low head speed and a lot of hovering, the motor gets overloaded and hot.
great thanks folks for the advises...really got lots to read up when receive the RTF set.
btw, these setting are default values or I need to input them into the Tx?

Thanks. :-)
spectrumFlux is offline Find More Posts by spectrumFlux
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Apr 2010
854 Posts
Quote:
great thanks folks for the advises...really got lots to read up when receive the RTF set.
btw, these setting are default values or I need to input them into the Tx?

Thanks. :-)
Hi,
If you are new to CP helis, then I suggest getting an account over at Helifreak and reviewing all of the "101" videos (especially the "CCPM" videos)

http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

This will teach you everything you need to know to set up and fly any helicopter.

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain