HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:42 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Ill just add some form of connector to the signal or v+ wire, so i can unplug it without removing the canopy. Feels way safer then messing around with resistors.

Stock servo - Futuba connector
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and Signal (white- black probe): 950 KOhm
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and v- (black - black probe): 917 KOhm

HK-15178B - JR Connector
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and Signal (orange- black probe): 1112 KOhm
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and v- (brown- black probe): 365 KOhm

Interesting, the resistance between signal and v+ is higher then on the stock servo, yet it counts it as a bind plug, makes no sense.

Edit, scratch what i said, i just dug out my bind plug and the master cp unbinds by shorting v+ and v-, not signal. So its a factor of 3 between the stock servo resistance and 15178B.
That makes sense then, at least to me.
With the low resistance in the HK-1517B, the RX may be getting enough voltage through to constitute bind erase and prevent binding. If we could add enough resistance to reduce the voltage, that could cure the problems.
I am going to test mine tonight and if the servos have different resistance, change them around in the plugs. I may also rig up a poteniometer to try and find the exact point required to stop binding if possible. I am sure this would be different on rx as I can't imagine with the quality control that they would all be the same.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:10 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
That makes sense then, at least to me.
With the low resistance in the HK-1517B, the RX may be getting enough voltage through to constitute bind erase and prevent binding. If we could add enough resistance to reduce the voltage, that could cure the problems.
I am going to test mine tonight and if the servos have different resistance, change them around in the plugs. I may also rig up a poteniometer to try and find the exact point required to stop binding if possible. I am sure this would be different on rx as I can't imagine with the quality control that they would all be the same.
Do note that you will starve the servo's power supply if you add resistors to get around the binding issue, Having to increase the resistance by 3 times will severely hurt the servos performance if it even works.

If anything you should be looking at the rx and see if that can be changed to accept lower resistances. I however will add a connector or switch to v+ that i can reach with the canopy on.

Would be really nice to know what resistance is needed to not trigger the unbind.

Wonder if this is why some have issues with fixed-id .

Edit: to get the servos to fit in the frame you have to remove the rear wall behind the Alie/Pitch servos, and change side on the servo ball, otherwise the ball link hits the rear of the Elevator servo at negative pitch + right aileron (even when you lower the servo ext).
Dis does however result in that the ball link will be at a angle to the swash.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:32 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
Ill just add some form of connector to the signal or v+ wire, so i can unplug it without removing the canopy. Feels way safer then messing around with resistors.

Stock servo - Futuba connector
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and Signal (white- black probe): 950 KOhm
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and v- (black - black probe): 917 KOhm

HK-15178B - JR Connector
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and Signal (orange- black probe): 1112 KOhm
Resistance between v+(red - red probe) and v- (brown- black probe): 365 KOhm

Interesting, the resistance between signal and v+ is higher then on the stock servo, yet it counts it as a bind plug, makes no sense.

Edit, scratch what i said, i just dug out my bind plug and the master cp unbinds by shorting v+ and v-, not signal. So its a factor of 3 between the stock servo resistance and 15178B.
Well, not much can be done about too low of a load resistance between the power leads if the bind plug actually shorts them out. That's strange. I guess the power bus in the receiver doesn't directly connect to the Elev servo, otherwise shorting the power out would bring the whole rcx down and melt a few wires in the process.

Edit: I tested a Walkera RX801 receiver I have and the bind plug shorts the signal pin to the ground pin. It doesn't make sense that the power pins would be shorted to each other... unless Walkera did something ver different with this receiver.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Last edited by jazzjohn; Nov 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Do note that you will starve the servo's power supply if you add resistors to get around the binding issue, Having to increase the resistance by 3 times will severely hurt the servos performance if it even works.

If anything you should be looking at the rx and see if that can be changed to accept lower resistances. I however will add a connector or switch to v+ that i can reach with the canopy on.

Would be really nice to know what resistance is needed to not trigger the unbind.

Wonder if this is why some have issues with fixed-id .

Edit: to get the servos to fit in the frame you have to remove the rear wall behind the Alie/Pitch servos, and change side on the servo ball, otherwise the ball link hits the rear of the Elevator servo at negative pitch + right aileron (even when you lower the servo ext).
Dis does however result in that the ball link will be at a angle to the swash.
I don't know the answer to how adding a resistor will affect performance.
I have my local radio supply getting me 3 variable resistors so I can find out where the problem lies. Once I know what is required, I can do performance tests on the servos with the resistor.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:15 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
I tried binding with the ELV servo unplugged. No problem.
I then set to fixed ID, did code match, shut down everything, and tried to remind.
It would not bind with fixed ID set. So apparently the servo resistance is not the issue with fixed ID on mine anyway.
The resistance on the ELV servo was strange though. It measured 122000 ohms. Maybe something is wrong with my multimeter?
I have a new auto ranging coming next week so I will try that one.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:53 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
The resistance on the ELV servo was strange though. It measured 122000 ohms. Maybe something is wrong with my multimeter?
I have a new auto ranging coming next week so I will try that one.
When semiconductors are involved, you can get different resistance readings from one servo and/or multimeter to the next since a non-linear device's resistance depends on the current going through it. Also resistance readings in the range of many thousands of ohms is not realistic for an operating servo. It just indicates that the circuit is basically off because of insufficient operating voltage. If you want the real resistance, a better way is to measure current draw at the operating voltage and divide the voltage by it, however this will change depending on if and how fast the servo is moving.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:54 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
It's all about the Donkey
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:40 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
receiving my Master CP soon. :-)

being a complete newbie to 6ch CP heli....what are the things or setting I need to do, or could I just test it direct out from the box?
spectrumFlux is offline Find More Posts by spectrumFlux
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:51 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,237 Posts
Is there anyone on the forum with contacts inside walkera?
Theres a couple of things id love to talk to them in regards to the master cp.

Actually a live Q&A session with one or two of the engineers would be beyond awesome.
Would give walkera lots of feedback for their next models and rx firmware.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:04 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn View Post
Well, not much can be done about too low of a load resistance between the power leads if the bind plug actually shorts them out. That's strange. I guess the power bus in the receiver doesn't directly connect to the Elev servo, otherwise shorting the power out would bring the whole rcx down and melt a few wires in the process.

Edit: I tested a Walkera RX801 receiver I have and the bind plug shorts the signal pin to the ground pin. It doesn't make sense that the power pins would be shorted to each other... unless Walkera did something ver different with this receiver.
It appears all the Walkera stand alone receivers use the signal and ground plug as the bind pair and all the all in one flybarless use the power and ground as the bind pair.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:13 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post
receiving my Master CP soon. :-)

being a complete newbie to 6ch CP heli....what are the things or setting I need to do, or could I just test it direct out from the box?
Just test it out of the box and stand back. What's the worst that could happen, you crash and break it.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:

Actually a live Q&A session with one or two of the engineers would be beyond awesome.
Maybe some of the members living in HK would get more results. I have tried to contact them several times on the masterCP rx issues and a defective Devo 8s all with no response.
It appears they feel they never build a bad product and we are all too stupid to respond to. Maybe we need to start a new thread called Walker or NOT.
That might get some attention.
Don't get me wrong, I do like Walkera products and I have 5 of them now. I just don't like their company policy of ignoring product issues. Any manufacturer can have quality control problems, but they need to rectify them.
I am sure these will be my last Walkera products unless the drastically change their attitude on customer satisfaction. One some of the other threads on Walkera, you will see posts with similar issues and a lot more heated discussion on why not to buy many Walkera products. I think the only way to get them to listen is if enough customers express their concerns. We buy the products because they seem to be a reason price for the product, but when you consider you can purchase a 450 clone for as low as 99.00 the will fly with fewer defects, all of a sudden, the Walkera products are not so cheap anymore.
All they would need to do is accept their responsibility and stand behind their products and we would all be happy campers.
My vent for this morning.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Just test it out of the box and stand back. What's the worst that could happen, you crash and break it.
Noted.

btw what are these setup for as I'm totally cluesless.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=33

Thanks
spectrumFlux is offline Find More Posts by spectrumFlux
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,237 Posts
I totally agree BThirsk.
Anyway if someone here is fluent in Chinese please contact me over pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post
Noted.

btw what are these setup for as I'm totally cluesless.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=33

Thanks
Those are settings for the transmitter (radio controller), i strongly recommend you use one of them.
If you simply plug in the batterys and try to fly you will crash. Though your going to crash anyway, master cp isnt ideal as a first cp at all. but if you make sure to go through all settings and understand what they do you will atleast avoid crashing on your first battery.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,327 Posts
Quote:

As far as I know, dfuji has the most direct contact with Walkera. I also gathered that the gektor, itsmillertime, mescalinedream also had quite a lot of contact. Perhaps you could ask them for details of their contact person. Although my vendor buys from Walkera directly, I would prefer to stay out of this as he is extremely busy. Morever, phone calls into China are very expensive. There are also a number of HobbyOne representatives here who have got good connection with Walkera.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw