HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Jakarta
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
So as it turns out my devo7E is to blame for signal loss.

I bought my heli today friends Devo 10 and had no signal issues at over 300 feet.

Not sure what is wrong with TX but ill be needing a new one

Which transmitted has better gimbal? Devo 10 or Devo 8?
Despite all of those tx things..have u check ur rx as well? I think devo 7 is enough for everything regarding this master cp..
valestrife is offline Find More Posts by valestrife
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:35 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Jakarta
Joined Nov 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
So, i just tested my HK-15178B servos. They center nicely and does not need to be reversed.
However, to fit on the master cp the tabs of two servos needs to be trimmed, as the tabs are wider and thicker then the stock tabs. Thats a 2 min job on each servo with a dremel though (a nail file should work just as well, its only plastic).
Ill fit mine to the frame sometime this weekend, but flight test will have to wait as im short one ball link for the blade grip. And im going to need some serious luck for it to arrive before the weekend.
Glad to see the review..adding some pictures would be perfect because i had my aileron servos stripped and still thinking bout the fits most one..i have bought two types of servo that i posted previously..
valestrife is offline Find More Posts by valestrife
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
try those zippy's i linked....it sounds like that motor is a bit power hungry. I'm getting 6mins out of them at the same capacity. If anyone wants my other batteries i will GIVE them to you but you pay for shipping. It's 3 no brands from oomodels and two turnigy nano's. They all have no more than 5 flights ea.
Yes, I might get some of those.
Pretty cheap plus they are US warehouse, fast & low shipping.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
So, i just tested my HK-15178B servos. They center nicely and does not need to be reversed.
However, to fit on the master cp the tabs of two servos needs to be trimmed, as the tabs are wider and thicker then the stock tabs. Thats a 2 min job on each servo with a dremel though (a nail file should work just as well, its only plastic).
Ill fit mine to the frame sometime this weekend, but flight test will have to wait as im short one ball link for the blade grip. And im going to need some serious luck for it to arrive before the weekend.
That's really good to know...
Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:29 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
Glad to see the review..adding some pictures would be perfect because i had my aileron servos stripped and still thinking bout the fits most one..i have bought two types of servo that i posted previously..
Ill add pictures once i start fitting the servos, right now its pitch black outside and i lack a good desklamp on my workbench (its on the to buy-list).
I did just notice however that the servos are a fraction of a mm thicker, but thats easily fixed with a nail file, either by filing the servo, or the plastic bracket that holds the servo in place.

Edit: I wouldn't recommend these servos to those looking for drop in replacements, your going to have to do some modification to the frame to get them to fit. Its a fraction of a millimeter, but on a couple of locations so its some work to get them to fit in the frame. Specifically the rear 2 servos as those are slightly too long and high, so you have to sand down some of the rear support and the bracket to get them to fit.

0.2mm or so that needs to be modified in a couple of places, and tabs needs to be reduced by ~2-3 mm. Completely doable but will take some time to get it done perfectly. New time estimate is 1-2h and don't use a dremel unless you don't care for precision.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Nov 19, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Ill add pictures once i start fitting the servos, right now its pitch black outside and i lack a good desklamp on my workbench (its on the to buy-list).
I did just notice however that the servos are a fraction of a mm thicker, but thats easily fixed with a nail file, either by filing the servo, or the plastic bracket that holds the servo in place.
the bracket will be the easier of the two.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:

Edit: I wouldn't recommend these servos to those looking for drop in replacements, your going to have to do some modification to the frame to get them to fit. Its a fraction of a millimeter, but on a couple of locations so its some work to get them to fit in the frame. Specifically the rear 2 servos as those are slightly too long and high, so you have to sand down some of the rear support and the bracket to get them to fit.

0.2mm or so that needs to be modified in a couple of places, and tabs needs to be reduced by ~2-3 mm. Completely doable but will take some time to get it done perfectly. New time estimate is 1-2h and don't use a dremel unless you don't care for precision.
That's what I thought, it takes more than 2 min to do mods, just because the there is not really much room in there.
Also, another thing to watch is the ball link on the servo arm does not bind with the elevator servo.
Otherwise the extra effort might be worthwhile for others.
- Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:31 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,068 Posts
Radio is going back to Walkera

So

Which TX Is better.?

8 or 10?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:

So

Which TX Is better.?

8 or 10?
8S is really nice & worth the money.
devo Hack is now available & o the works for more options and compatibility.
Stock FW works me as is.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:46 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,068 Posts
thanks
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
8S is really nice & worth the money.
devo Hack is now available & o the works for more options and compatibility.
Stock FW works me as is.
i agree, the 8 is probably the nicer of the two but for the money you still can't go wrong with the Devo10....it really comes down to how much you want to spend and if you feel the touchscreen is worth the premium. Deviation software is coming to Devo10 also so that point is kind of moot.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,126 Posts
Deviation software is already working in Devo 10 although it is an Alpha version. I found the screen of the Devo 8S very difficult to read in sunlight. In the end, I went for the Devo 12S. But you have had the Devo 6 before and the screen is basically the same as the Devo 8S.

Deviation Of DEVO10 Playing With Blades NANO CPX (6 min 9 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:36 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
That's what I thought, it takes more than 2 min to do mods, just because the there is not really much room in there.
Also, another thing to watch is the ball link on the servo arm does not bind with the elevator servo.
Otherwise the extra effort might be worthwhile for others.
- Spyro

Will fit the servos later today, but from what i saw yesterday the arm/ ball link should end up very close to the same position as the stock servos.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:47 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:

So

Which TX Is better.?

8 or 10?
So, did you get any response from Walkera. I never did on my Devo 8s screen issue. I even sent photos.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Apr 2010
805 Posts
Quote:

So

Which TX Is better.?

8 or 10?
I have the 8 (not 8S) and am pretty impressed with it. Ergonomics and balance are spot on. Gimbals are on bearings and are silky smooth. Interface is great, but the only downside is the color screen is very hard to read outside.

I have not seen the 10 so I can't compare it...

Chief
BHChieftain is offline Find More Posts by BHChieftain