SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post
Feed back from some experienced flyers please....

Looking at getting a Master CP after flying a FP 9116 for a couple months. However before I do this I am buying a SIM.

Question is what DEVO transmitter should I get that is newbie friendly (DEVO 7E had had sum good reviews )?..... and will work on a flight SIM? .....I have looked at the Phoenix 4 SIM but doesn't look like the DEVO works on there?

Please inform me haha.....
devo works fine the 7E is ok but for just a few bux more you can get the Devo10. you will need a stereo to mono adapter for phoenix.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:07 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Nope - have you?

They likely dont care because we're Canadian
No response on 2 issues, the one with the MasterCP rx and my Devo8s losing screen display quite often. It appears they are not responding to customer requests. I tried going through both vendors as well with no success.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:34 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post
Feed back from some experienced flyers please....

Looking at getting a Master CP after flying a FP 9116 for a couple months. However before I do this I am buying a SIM.

Question is what DEVO transmitter should I get that is newbie friendly (DEVO 7E had had sum good reviews )?..... and will work on a flight SIM? .....I have looked at the Phoenix 4 SIM but doesn't look like the DEVO works on there?

Please inform me haha.....
There seems to be more complaints about the Devo 7E transmitter than other Devo transmitters. It is a good idea to have a full sized transmitter for your first serious heli. I would look at the Devo 10 or 8s. There is also a third party firmware which may make these transmitters compatible with Spektrum DSM2, Nine Eagles and others.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
There seems to be more complaints about the Devo 7E transmitter than other Devo transmitters. It is a good idea to have a full sized transmitter for your first serious heli. I would look at the Devo 10 or 8s. There is also a third party firmware which may make these transmitters compatible with Spektrum DSM2, Nine Eagles and others.
Cheers.....Think I will go with the DEVO 10, they seem to be cheaper than the 8?
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:31 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,581 Posts
Not good

Where did you buy yours from?

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
No response on 2 issues, the one with the MasterCP rx and my Devo8s losing screen display quite often. It appears they are not responding to customer requests. I tried going through both vendors as well with no success.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:21 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Not good

Where did you buy yours from?

[/B]
I bought my MasterCP on eBay against my better judgement, but the seller is actually a store and he said he would contact Walkera about the issue. My Devo 8s was from Helipal. I really expected more help from them as I have bought several thousand dollars in helis and Align parts from them. But due to no support, I bought my Devo 12s from another vendor who has treated my very well.
I guess because I am in business and I handle all warranty issues, I expect similar treatment from venders I buy from. Apparently this is not the case so when I am treated badly, I will have second thoughts dealing with that vendor again.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,581 Posts
I can relate to that.

I hope you and I get answers soon.

My vendor is currently working on mine as we speak and have always been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I bought my MasterCP on eBay against my better judgement, but the seller is actually a store and he said he would contact Walkera about the issue. My Devo 8s was from Helipal. I really expected more help from them as I have bought several thousand dollars in helis and Align parts from them. But due to no support, I bought my Devo 12s from another vendor who has treated my very well.
I guess because I am in business and I handle all warranty issues, I expect similar treatment from venders I buy from. Apparently this is not the case so when I am treated badly, I will have second thoughts dealing with that vendor again.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:30 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,730 Posts
Hey, If anyone is interested in a night flight kit for the master or other 250 size helis post in this threadhttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771238.
Im trying to see if there is enough interest to convince rchelistore to release a version of their v10 kit for the master cp.
Im actually surprised at the fact that there isnt any commercial 200mm night blades out.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Has anyone found a suitable replacement battery for the Master CP? (Preferably one from HobbyKing) I have a Master CP on the way and need to order some extra batt's.

Thanks,

-Pat
the turnigy nanotechs 1000mah, there is a 1300 nanotech the reportedly fits,the zippy compact 1000 (they have this in 35C), and oommodels has a non-branded battery.

All of these batteries are inexpensive. I personally just picked up four of the zippy 35C's I haven't flown them yet though. I also have flown the packs from oommodel and the nanotechs and all were well except one nanotech i purchased was DOA but for only 3.00....whatever.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,152 Posts
A tail motor finally went out in mid-air after 42 flights. It started piro-ing very fast but I managed to bring it down without damage. It is important not to put on T/H immediately but to try to get it to descend as gentle as possible and then cut throttle as the heli drops below 4 ft.

I found the stock battery to be far superior to the unnamed brand I am using. If you are flying 3D with it, I recommend that you buy at least a stock battery to try out.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
the turnigy nanotechs 1000mah, there is a 1300 nanotech the reportedly fits,the zippy compact 1000 (they have this in 35C), and oommodels has a non-branded battery.

All of these batteries are inexpensive. I personally just picked up four of the zippy 35C's I haven't flown them yet though. I also have flown the packs from oommodel and the nanotechs and all were well except one nanotech i purchased was DOA but for only 3.00....whatever.
I use this 1500mah. Only had to trim canopy a little to get correct CG.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
How are your flight-times with the 1500mah zippys?
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:58 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
A tail motor finally went out in mid-air after 42 flights. It started piro-ing very fast but I managed to bring it down without damage. It is important not to put on T/H immediately but to try to get it to descend as gentle as possible and then cut throttle as the heli drops below 4 ft.

I found the stock battery to be far superior to the unnamed brand I am using. If you are flying 3D with it, I recommend that you buy at least a stock battery to try out.
Glad that your heli was not damaged and no related injury.
& thanks for the report.
I am now close to 30 flights.
I believe the other report from Chow? or someone, was under 30 flights before his tail motor died on him. But he was flying low when it happened.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
I had more than 50 flights, my tail is still ok, but my main motor ist loosing power, time for a new one
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post

The 1300nanotechs are great but won't fit in the battery tray without modding, they are just to tall. I cut the bottom off the battery tray (leaving the sides), attached an aluminum plate to the bottom of the mainframe and use dual lock velcro to hold the batteries in, it has worked out well.

Also the canopy won't fit over the 1300's without some trimming either...I use a v200d01 canopy on mine for visibility purposes.

If I had seen the zippys bthirst is using I likely would have gone that way instead....looks like less modding to make them work.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man