Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post
can Futaba 6J or Spektrum DX6i Tx works on Master CP, or it can only work on Devo Tx?

Only with a Devo
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:04 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,021 Posts
The weather here is finally better so I had a chance to fly freshly painted master cpThe bad news is it would get only 40 paces away and fall from the sky. The only damage was a broken canopy from what I can see. So I placed it on the ground and spun up rotor slightly and walked backwards until the signal was lost. I then paced it out and it was only 40 paces. This was with a fresh lipo and fresh batteries in Devo 7e.I'm not sure if it's Devo 7e causing issues or if it's rx on heli. I also noticed lately that fixed id Will not work. Any idea what's wrong? Every other time I've flown it its not been more than 40 paces away. 
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Did you check the transmission output power on your Devo? I had such a problem with my Devo7, the reason was, that the output power was set to 0DB an not to +10 or better +20db.
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,021 Posts
no

i know devo 6 has that but where is it on devo 7 e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Did you check the transmission output power on your Devo? I had such a problem with my Devo7, the reason was, that the output power was set to 0DB an not to +10 or better +20db.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
no

i know devo 6 has that but where is it on devo 7 e?
Im fairly positive the Devo 7e lacks that setting, as iv never seen it in the menus on my 7e.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
The other day I crashed mine twice in a row....I forgot my idle up and then i did a flip and the fat little thing lost too much altitude tapped the ground and rolled over and did the funky chicken a bit even though i hit the hold. anyhow. one boom strut, horizontal and vertical stabilizers, and main gear damaged a bit. Heli still flies fine though. It passes my durability test, that's for sure. Btw, Hitec servos still working like champs.

I purchased a new motor for my heli too, it's such a porker that when i would do full pitch movements the motor would draw so much current from the battery that the heli would go into a lvc state and drop out of the sky. This next motor will be stronger and not draw so much current. I actually see why they used a brushed motor from a 450sized heli. These little flying buses need it! hehe.
Hey pmerrit, This turnigy motor is working out really well on mine. It has plenty of torque to run the mcp and with the stock pinion it has about the right headspeed for my taste with the midpoint of my curve at 70% but it has plenty of power on reserve to up the pinion a tooth or two. It has enough power now to easily overpower the tail if you climb or descend too fast.
Runtimes are good too, I get a solid 6 minutes of hard sport flying (no 3d) with it on my nanotech 1300mah packs.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Hey pmerrit, This turnigy motor is working out really well on mine. It has plenty of torque to run the mcp and with the stock pinion it has about the right headspeed for my taste with the midpoint of my curve at 70% but it has plenty of power on reserve to up the pinion a tooth or two. It has enough power now to easily overpower the tail if you climb or descend too fast.
Runtimes are good too, I get a solid 6 minutes of hard sport flying (no 3d) with it on my nanotech 1300mah packs.
That looks pretty good, i'm hoping the one i just purchased will be really good....i spent nearly 60.00 on it. The one I have on it now has the specs for what should fly great but it simply doesn't have the power I want. Anyhow, the weather here is starting to get really cold won't be able to do much flying really soon. I know some people like to fly in the cold but I don't. Also, a plastic bird and cold sounds like a recipe for trouble.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:29 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
I wish I saw that motor.
I'm still running the stock brush. I was going to borrow/pull a motor out of my other heli but decided to just get one from HK which will arrive this week.
If this 4200KV Motor does not do the task, I will order same motor you've got.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Only with a Devo
thanks for the info.

The stock battery size is 65x33x16 mm
what is the compartment size limit as need advise whether e following 3S Lipo can fit into the compartment or not...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html 76x34x15mm
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html 78x36x19mm

spectrumFlux is offline Find More Posts by spectrumFlux
Last edited by spectrumFlux; Nov 12, 2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumFlux View Post
thanks for the info.

need advise whether e following 3S Lipo can fit into the compartment or not...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

The capacity is pretty low, the one i am using is this http://helircstore.com/shop/3s1p-11-...me=transmitter so get something similar in physical size and capacity and you will be fine.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:22 AM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
The capacity is pretty low, the one i am using is this http://helircstore.com/shop/3s1p-11-...me=transmitter so get something similar in physical size and capacity and you will be fine.
thanks for the info. :-)
I thought the battery mah selection is limited by the compartment size as a larger battery than the stock 65x33x16 mm might not be able to squeeze it inside.
Anyone have the compartment size?

spectrumFlux is offline Find More Posts by spectrumFlux
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:51 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
624 Posts
Quote:
Mmmhhh...
What makes me wondering is that this battery is advertised for 2500 mAh.
If its size (not mentionned on the internet page of your link) allows it to fit the Master CPs battery tray, it can hardly have 2500 mAh of capacity.
LiPo batteries have an "energy density" of about 140 Wh/Kg.
This battery is advertised to have a shipping weight of 155 gr, so if we assume the battery's weight is 140 gr, it would "contain" 140 × 0.14 = 19.6 Wh.
And, because Watts/hours = volts × amperes/hours, the capacity would be
19.6 / 11.1 = 1,765 Ah or 1765 mAh.

Maybe your charger shows how many mAh go trough the battery while charging ?

Roland, impatiently waiting for it's Master CP delivery...
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Nov 12, 2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:17 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I wish I saw that motor.
I'm still running the stock brush. I was going to borrow/pull a motor out of my other heli but decided to just get one from HK which will arrive this week.
If this 4200KV Motor does not do the task, I will order same motor you've got.
The 2627 should work fine. It has lots of power on my 250.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:44 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
The weather here is finally better so I had a chance to fly freshly painted master cpThe bad news is it would get only 40 paces away and fall from the sky. The only damage was a broken canopy from what I can see. So I placed it on the ground and spun up rotor slightly and walked backwards until the signal was lost. I then paced it out and it was only 40 paces. This was with a fresh lipo and fresh batteries in Devo 7e.I'm not sure if it's Devo 7e causing issues or if it's rx on heli. I also noticed lately that fixed id Will not work. Any idea what's wrong? Every other time I've flown it its not been more than 40 paces away. 
I have not had the issue of losing signal at 100 feet, but I have never had fixed ID working with the original firmware or the upgraded firmware. I tried with both my Devo8s and my Devo12s, both with original firmware and upgrade 100mw firmware.
I contact the seller who said he would contact Walkera to get a replacement rx. Apparently he got blown off as I have have no response. They just don't like warranty issues, I guess.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:22 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,021 Posts
Thanks

I am going a similar route

Problem is

What's defective

TX or rx

Dunno as I have no more walkers products to play with