Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:02 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
zadaw,

Walkera does not have the Master CP owners manual or exploded diagram on their web site.
You were able to get the PDF owners manual for me before. Now I need the exploded diagram.
Any chance you can get the exploded diagram and post it for me?

Tom
Tom, the manual I put up was from the disk enclosed with the package. There was no exploded diagram with the package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
Being that there's no such thing as un-strippable servos, you can at the very least expect the Futaba's not to strip during routine handling and in-flight. In a heavy crash the Futaba's will strip but no where near as easily as the stock.

I strongly suspect that the difference lies in the tolarances for the gear shaft and motor retention as well as the quality of the plastic used in the servo gears. The Futaba servo horns are also designed to spare the gears in a crash, they're less burly than my V200D03's stock servo horns, not sure about the master CP. I've also found the 3114's to be less grainy than the stock servos when adjusting which I would attribute to better electrics.
I agree with this. The big difference between the Futaba and stock servos is that you can move the Futaba servo arms easily without fear of stripping the servo.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, GA, Tybee Island
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
Futaba S3114

Just put 3 S3114s in my master cp not hard. But it is A pain getting the balls in
The futaba servo horns.
Also the wires are shorter so stock routing will not work.
And you will have to reset up the head.
50.00 with shipping
But I feel this Heli is worth the cost.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...h-Torque-Servo
Help
If anyone needs help with this install PM me and I will be happy to
layrin2 is offline Find More Posts by layrin2
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:47 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
After a long wait, I have finally put in three Futaba S3114. I found that they are a 100% drop in fit with absolutley no trimming necessary. Not only that, the stock servo arm will fit into the servo stalk directly. So this looks like by far the easiest servo replacement option.

Furthermore, I think the servo gear sets are exactly the same. For some reason, I can get replacement servo gear sets for less than $2 here whereas it usually costs over $6. I managed to fix my stripped stock 7-6-6 servos with replacement gears for the Futaba S3114.

This brings up the next question. If the stock servos are a near 100% clone of the S3114, will the S3114 strip all the same?
I also did the same, as i wrote in some posting above, but for me the walkera servo arm did not fit on the Futaba. I mounted the linkage balls to the Futaba servo arms.
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
I have found out that using the telemetry eats up the battery time.
How do you disable the telemetry? Is it inhibited on the receiver itself simply by inhibiting at the tx? Or do you have to do something to the rx?
scornflake is offline Find More Posts by scornflake
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:42 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
You can inhibit telemetry in the transmitter under Sensor Setting - Sensor Status. Make it Inhibit.
When you bind the RX will now know not to send telemetry information to the TX and eat up your battery time doing so.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
From the poster above they are direct replacements no reversing necessary and yes, reports from lots of people that they are much better than Walkera.
Thank you for reply and maybe rethink my feeling about this heli. Cheers,Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
I think I am going to try these servos out to be different.
MKS DS470 Digital Servo 2.37kg / .089sec / 10.9g
They seem to be a suitable size.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I think I am going to try these servos out to be different.
MKS DS470 Digital Servo 2.37kg / .089sec / 10.9g
They seem to be a suitable size.
Should fit in, the question is the if direction they work ist the same as the wk 7-6.6
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:32 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,255 Posts
I thought the hitecs were a drop in?

Damn!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:00 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Should fit in, the question is the if direction they work ist the same as the wk 7-6.6
Don't know that and don't really care. If they don't work on the MastCP, at least we will know for sure and I can use them on my V400D02 which still has the stock junk servos. I am sure I will crash it sometime and need servos as well.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Don't know that and don't really care. If they don't work on the MastCP, at least we will know for sure and I can use them on my V400D02 which still has the stock junk servos. I am sure I will crash it sometime and need servos as well.
for the price of those and shipping you may as well get the Hitec's and then pay a tiny bit more and get the programmer. those are 63.00 without shipping and the hitec's on tower hobbies are just over 50.00. and they have already been tested in my masterCP.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:26 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
for the price of those and shipping you may as well get the Hitec's and then pay a tiny bit more and get the programmer. those are 63.00 without shipping and the hitec's on tower hobbies are just over 50.00. and they have already been tested in my masterCP.
I realize that. These are just a lot faster and higher torque so I thought I would try something different. If they are reversed to the Walkera's, then I will get Hitecs and the programmer. I can always use these on my 400 so it's not a waste.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
You can inhibit telemetry in the transmitter under Sensor Setting - Sensor Status. Make it Inhibit.
When you bind the RX will now know not to send telemetry information to the TX and eat up your battery time doing so.
Tom
Thanks Tom,

I tried this on the Mini and from what I can tell (it's running an upgraded motor) the flight time has nearly doubled. Thanks for the tip - and Walkera: that's. rubbish. totally.

For everyones amusement:
I have to mention this, even though it makes me look like a muppet... I hadn't flown my Mini in a while, since I've been outside with the V120D02s and shortly will be with a Master (just waiting on batteries + replacement hitec servos).

So, it's just not been performing. Odd.
That is, until I was starting into the distance this evening, and lo and behold, I look at the MiniCP and notice that BOTH blades appear to have the same orientation. That's odd I think to myself. Shouldn't the leading edge ... be ... oh. my. what. have. i. done. Yep, one blade was on backwards

And to think, they let me drive on the roads!

hehe
scornflake is offline Find More Posts by scornflake
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, CA, Alhambra
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
mine master cp damage one servo after some flights and upgrde to brushless; futaba s3114, and mkd ds470 is way of expensive, any cheaper servos will fit?
Hobbyfuns is offline Find More Posts by Hobbyfuns
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Has anyone found a suitable replacement battery for the Master CP? (Preferably one from HobbyKing) I have a Master CP on the way and need to order some extra batt's.

Thanks,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy