SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
I have a problem with my Master CP that I hope you folks can help me with.

My front servo that controls the elevator stripped(big surprise) and I replaced it with a Hi Tec servo. I have the transmitter in Mode 2 which puts the throttle and rudder on left stick and elevator and aileron on the right.
However, when I power up and advance the left throttle stick it acts like the elevator, and the right elevator stick acts like the throttle. Everything else seems normal, rudder and aileron. What's happening here?
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:09 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
I have a problem with my Master CP that I hope you folks can help me with.

My front servo that controls the elevator stripped(big surprise) and I replaced it with a Hi Tec servo. I have the transmitter in Mode 2 which puts the throttle and rudder on left stick and elevator and aileron on the right.
However, when I power up and advance the left throttle stick it acts like the elevator, and the right elevator stick acts like the throttle. Everything else seems normal, rudder and aileron. What's happening here?
Your Hitec servo may be moving in the opposite direction as the stock servos as pmerritt reported. You should check this out by either swapping servos or reversing the elevator servo on your transmitter. However, reversing the servo on the transmitter may not work with the gyro. You will probably have to reverse the servo by other means. The easiest way is to use a Hitec servo programmer. Otherwise, you will have to open the servo and rearrange motor wires.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,255 Posts
@hope12839

Whatever you do, don't reverse it in the transmitter....the gyro will still correct the same which will cause it to go into endless over correction. You will crash! You have to use the programmer or reverse the servo motor wires.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
OK, I did reverse it on the transmitter......didn't know that was a no, no.

What is a Hitec servo programmer, and where do I get one? I don't like the idea of opening the servo and reversing the wires!! What is involved with that? Does anyone have any pictures to show me what you're talking about?

I'm beginning to be sorry that I got this heli since it obviously comes with junk servos and you have to go through all this crap to make it work right!!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,255 Posts
Quote:
OK, I did reverse it on the transmitter......didn't know that was a no, no.

What is a Hitec servo programmer, and where do I get one? I don't like the idea of opening the servo and reversing the wires!! What is involved with that? Does anyone have any pictures to show me what you're talking about?

I'm beginning to be sorry that I got this heli since it obviously comes with junk servos and you have to go through all this crap to make it work right!!
It's not that bad, once you've replaced all the servos with these you'll be good to go. This is the programmer and I DID post that these need reversing more than once in this thread.

http://www.servocity.com/html/hpp-21...rogrammer.html
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Hi, i changed the Servos to Futaba 3114, the are plug and play and even stronger and faster than the stock servos :-)
So when you say "plug and play" does that mean they worked as is, or did you have to reverse them or us a servo programmer? Did it "drop right in place"?, or did you have to do any modding/trimming? I am VERY interested!! Details please!!

My Hitec servo that I just got for my Master CP needs to be programmed it turns out; which means I have to buy yet another piece(s) of equipment!!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:59 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,640 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace servos/ then buy this/ then have to buy the cord also. Sure glad I did not buy one. Guess I'll buy another Quad and have some more fun.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
So when you say "plug and play" does that mean they worked as is, or did you have to reverse them or us a servo programmer? Did it "drop right in place"?, or did you have to do any modding/trimming? I am VERY interested!! Details please!!

My Hitec servo that I just got for my Master CP needs to be programmed it turns out; which means I have to buy yet another piece(s) of equipment!!
No reversing modding or trimming neccessary, just replace and have fun :-)
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
Beware of the Futaba S3114M servos. They come, of all things, plugs used for Walkera micro helis.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
No reversing modding or trimming neccessary, just replace and have fun :-)
Thank you!! That sounds like what I want!!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Beware of the Futaba S3114M servos. They come, of all things, plugs used for Walkera micro helis.
zadaw, what are you trying to say? Since I have a Walkera Master CP, shouldn't the Futaba 3114 servo and plug (that you say is used for Walkera micro helis) work? addifromgermany said it is a "plug and play", no modding of any kind!

Please clarify what you are trying to say.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
OK, I think I know what zadaw is saying now. I see that there is the Futaba S3114 servo with standard plug(the one I need), and there is the S3114M with micro plug for micro helis. Now I understand.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,255 Posts
Quote:
zadaw, what are you trying to say? Since I have a Walkera Master CP, shouldn't the Futaba 3114 servo and plug (that you say is used for Walkera micro helis) work? addifromgermany said it is a "plug and play", no modding of any kind!

Please clarify what you are trying to say.
I think he was joking but that sentence was almost incomprehensible.

as far as the servos, keep in mind that unless money is really tight the Hitec servos ARE metal geared and with the programmer you can perfectly setup your 90 degree angle from linkage to servo horn and you can also setup how much travel they move as well as direction. So you do pay a little more but you also get more features.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
I think he was joking but that sentence was almost incomprehensible.

The Futaba S3114 comes with standard Futaba/JR servo plug

The Futaba S3114M comes with a servo plug which is identical to the one used for the V120D02S and Mini CP (see the white plug on the servo below). This will not work on the Master CP receiver which takes standard Futaba / JR plugs.

Last edited by zadaw; Oct 08, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Futaba S3114 comes with standard Futaba/JR servo plug

The Futaba S3114M comes with a servo plug which is identical to the one used for the V120D02S and Mini CP. This will not work on the Master CP receiver which takes standard Futaba / JR plugs.
ahh, now i understand