HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:55 PM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Thats a very hard question to answer but id say the Master cp.
It's not as fast as a v120d02s, and its less complex with a tail motor instead of shaft drive.
And its larger so its easier to keep track of.
thanks.
just wondering if it's better to buy another v120d02s or a master cp.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:05 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
No, I did not upgrade the Rx FW. No telemetry.
I did not erase the Rx's code either.
Just bounded the heli. Plug the lipo, then turn ON tx, go to Fix ID, turn "ON" fix ID -> "set-up" -> "OK", and wait to match ID. If I turn everything off, and power up both, my FIX ID remains matched and ON with my Rx.

This is just a re-demonstration. So you'll here my cylcic servos kicking-in during the video, just because it was already matched to the transmitter.
Yes, that was to a tee the same process I did.
I only tried the bind plug out of desperation after I tried the same process I used to set fixed ID on all my other helis.
I'll try again.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Well I just put mine in, I was doing some flips and it got away from me.
I took out two of the servos. I just fixed them in place by turning the grear's to a new part that was not striped. The gears look weak to me.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Douglas View Post
Well I just put mine in, I was doing some flips and it got away from me.
I took out two of the servos. I just fixed them in place by turning the grear's to a new part that was not striped. The gears look weak to me.

JD
That's because they are I'll let everyone know pretty soon whether or not hitech 5055's work ok. i have just been too lazy to install them. Amidst some of the other RL b.s. I have to deal with.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:07 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
No, I did not upgrade the Rx FW. No telemetry.
I did not erase the Rx's code either.
Just bounded the heli. Plug the lipo, then turn ON tx, go to Fix ID, turn "ON" fix ID -> "set-up" -> "OK", and wait to match ID. If I turn everything off, and power up both, my FIX ID remains matched and ON with my Rx.

This is just a re-demonstration. So you'll here my cylcic servos kicking-in during the video, just because it was already matched to the transmitter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbYn53sq8z8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
no updated firmware here either...it just worked like it was supposed to. i know the first time i tried fixed with my hoten, that didn't work. I tried it again later and it worked fine. Just try it a few times i guess.
Did you change the numbers or just accept the one which was given?
I changed the numbers both times... maybe I should try it as it is...
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
I have used 3114's in my 1#A they are a direct fit with no mod's, it uses the same set up but it's FB. I might get some for the Master what's the worst thing I would have to do ? Turn the Recever around.
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:15 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
thanks.
just wondering if it's better to buy another v120d02s or a master cp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Thats a very hard question to answer but id say the Master cp.
It's not as fast as a v120d02s, and its less complex with a tail motor instead of shaft drive.
And its larger so its easier to keep track of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
sooo, want do you think master cp or v120d02s? which one is the best trainer?
I agree with Xermalk, the MasterCP is much more controllable in fact than the frisky V120D02S. Also, all the extra weight means that it copes really rather well with a decent breeze. It doesn't accelerate away from you as quickly even it can fly pretty fast but it takes twice the time. It's solidly built (servos excepted) and new parts are pretty cheap. I've not priced a whole heli out but motors, blades and frame parts are all cheap and easy to fix. The MasterCP is really a super simple construction - great for fatter fingers and failing eyesight in comparison with the tiny parts of the V120D02S tail.
As a park flyer the Master is really an excellent choice from Walkera.
Just those servos can be a let down in a crash but there are replacements which will be a bit more durable.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:28 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I agree with Xermalk, the MasterCP is much more controllable in fact than the frisky V120D02S. Also, all the extra weight means that it copes really rather well with a decent breeze. It doesn't accelerate away from you as quickly even it can fly pretty fast but it takes twice the time. It's solidly built (servos excepted) and new parts are pretty cheap. I've not priced a whole heli out but motors, blades and frame parts are all cheap and easy to fix. The MasterCP is really a super simple construction - great for fatter fingers and failing eyesight in comparison with the tiny parts of the V120D02S tail.
As a park flyer the Master is really an excellent choice from Walkera.
Just those servos can be a let down in a crash but there are replacements which will be a bit more durable.
I agree also, it made a thump as it hit and would have flown if not for the servos.
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
thanks.
just wondering if it's better to buy another v120d02s or a master cp.
I'd buy both. V120 is more responsive and the MasterCP almost flies by itself. You get the bost of both worlds, and remember, he who has the most toys wins.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
well, the hitec servos do work. the futaba's are only a tiny bit less money than the hitec's but they are plastic gears where the 5055 is metal. the only thing you have to do to get them to fit is elongate the the two holes and trim a tiny bit off the bottom tab on the elevator servo and you have to file/snip a couple millimeters off the sides of each tab on the aileron and pitch servos. prob take all of 2-4mins to make the modifications.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:59 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Did you change the numbers or just accept the one which was given?
I changed the numbers both times... maybe I should try it as it is...
No I did not change the number. I would only change them if one of my receivers uses the same number, or interfere with any other Rx, but what's the odd? I only own 3 Walkeras, so far
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:01 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I'd buy both. V120 is more responsive and the MasterCP almost flies by itself. You get the bost of both worlds, and remember, he who has the most toys wins.
+1. Buy both! learn one on the smaller, and have more fun on the other .
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend bigger helis to someone who has no CP experience.
To me it's just not safe. Though, no question about the Master's as stability over 120, I think, it's better to train thumbs on smaller ones.
Got a friend who has mastered FP flying & has been flying for a long time.
I din't care about my 120, him crashing it. I told & asked him to fly it. Yes he was able to hover it.
But after he tried to fly it 3X (NOT HOVER), he crashed 3X
I wouldn't let him fly (I did not say hover) my Master CP. Mind you that this guy could do most acrobatics on planes, big or small, gas or electric. But heli, specially CP, it's just a different ball game.
Any one here has a Master CP and 120, will probably do the same. Lend his 120 but not the Master to someone has never flown a CP.
I learned flying CP from mCPX. I did not crash a single time with my 13 lipos the first day I took it out hovering up & down.
I went out the next day with 13lipos to fly (not hover) I crashed at least 10X
All helis are not safe. Big or small.
Just be careful to those guys who may chose the Master CP as a starter CP heli.
Be safe & happy flying
-Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Sep 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:42 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
+1. Buy both! learn one on the smaller, and have more fun on the other .
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend bigger helis to someone who has no CP experience.
To me it's just not safe. Though, no question about the Master's as stability over 120, I think, it's better to train thumbs on smaller ones.
Got a friend who has mastered FP flying & has been flying for a long time.
I din't care about my 120, him crashing it. I told & asked him to fly it. Yes he was able to hover it.
But after he tried to fly it 3X (NOT HOVER), he crashed 3X
I wouldn't let him fly (I did not say hover) my Master CP. Mind you that this guy could do most acrobatics on planes, big or small, gas or electric. But heli, specially CP, it's just a different ball game.
Any one here has a Master CP and 120, will probably do the same. Lend his 120 but not the Master to someone has never flown a CP.
I learned flying CP from mCPX. I did not crash a single time with my 13 lipos the first day I took it out hovering up & down.
I went out the next day with 13lipos to fly (not hover) I crashed at least 10X
All helis are not safe. Big or small.
Just be careful to those guys who may chose the Master CP as a starter CP heli.
Be safe & happy flying
-Spyro
If you're new to helis fullstop then I'm not sure starting on a CP is a great idea, it's possible but will definitely hurt more when it hits you (and it almost certainly will) though the GCP and MiniCP are possible exceptions. If you're flying outside in a big enough space no wind, then 120 or Master, if its windy then the Master has it from a momentum PoV, everything just takes a little longer to happen than with the 120. Indoors, a Mini CP is probably the better starter option because you don't care about wind and it's tiny mass means less chance of the servos giving up.
Also the blades are fatter on the Master so although they are heavier there might be less chance of a slice but instead leaving a nice welt - someone else is welcome to do that test though!!

But, for me, I'd buy a MasterCP first and then follow it as soon as the wife was looking the other way with a V120D02S... which honestly means in the smae order if you can manage it...
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:09 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
sooo, want do you think master cp or v120d02s? which one is the best trainer?
The Master CP is much easier to fly for beginners. It is not as fast or twitchy and is easier to see in the air as it is much bigger. The V120D02S can be every bit as fast as a Trex 250 which is a well known speed demon. It is also much easier to maintain a V120D02S. However, the Master CP needs a much bigger area to fly, especially one with tall grass. It bigger size means it is considerably more dangerous than a V120.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:50 AM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Master CP is much easier to fly for beginners. It is not as fast or twitchy and is easier to see in the air as it is much bigger. The V120D02S can be every bit as fast as a Trex 250 which is a well known speed demon. It is also much easier to maintain a V120D02S. However, the Master CP needs a much bigger area to fly, especially one with tall grass. It bigger size means it is considerably more dangerous than a V120.
Thanks everybody. I already have a v120d02s which I really like. Good durability and very fast. But, you know, I'd like to have another little one as spare when at the field. I'm learning to fly inverted circuits and some 3d and as you people know... Sometimes you lose control...
The most of the times I just pick up and fly again, but other times I simply have to go home and repair it. That's why I want another V120 or a master cp... I'm also setting up a 450, but it will be a long time before I decide to fly it aggressively.
It seems the master cp it's not as fast as the V120, I don't know than... Maybe I'll stick with another 120. I fly in the desert... Almost everyday it's windy, dusty and rocky... Very dangerous terrain for crashes
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade Mcpx v1 v2 vs Walkera Mini Cp vs Genius Cp vs solo pro 100 3d f.a.r.m.e.r Micro Helis 108 Jul 16, 2014 05:51 PM
Sold Walkera Genius CP with Devo 6 King.7200 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Feb 02, 2012 10:52 AM
Sold Walkera Genius CP Brushless version 3D with 6-axis gyro Devo stretch1100 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jan 25, 2012 08:37 AM
For Sale Walkera Genius CP with DEVO 6 bymannan Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Nov 07, 2011 07:57 AM
New Product Walkera 6-Axis gyro UFO5# (new version with Camera~) DLY Micro Helis 6 Oct 29, 2011 01:48 PM