SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:41 AM
vista, Ca
Joined Nov 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Okay so I had a couple of video requests so I had a chance to go flying with Manny this weekend and took both a stock and B/L Master CP for some tests. After flying the 2 helis back to back, we both thought that the stock one flew much better and more predictable. I posted earlier in this thread that I preferred the brushed set-up anyway. There needs a little more tweaking on the B/L to be better. So, he decided to do a vid with the bone stock heli. I bought this one from Oomodels and it is completely stock. No adjustments to the Rx pots and flying with a Devo 10 Tx. Thanks to Manny and his brother (cameraman) for the work.

BTW, the vid is much smoother if you view it directly from Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izTsm...eature=g-all-u
Thanks for letting me fly your heli. This heli is truly a really good flyer. I can't believe a brushed heli can fly this good. After the flight I can hold my finger on the main motor and it did not burn me. The tail is also awesome it holds really good. Its not an all out 3d monster but its capable of alot of moves in stock form. I was really impressed with this heli.

The only thing I did is add little more pitch to the heli by adjusting the tx. The heli and Rx is 100% out of the box.

Manuel Campos
buildem336 is offline Find More Posts by buildem336
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:38 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
334 Posts
Great as usual. Thanks for this amazing video.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
very impressive flying! this heli seems to be so much bang for the buck. I get more tempted the more I get to see of it's performance.
must...resist....the urge...to order...
trase is offline Find More Posts by trase
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:19 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildem336 View Post
Thanks for letting me fly your heli. This heli is truly a really good flyer. I can't believe a brushed heli can fly this good. After the flight I can hold my finger on the main motor and it did not burn me. The tail is also awesome it holds really good. Its not an all out 3d monster but its capable of alot of moves in stock form. I was really impressed with this heli.

The only thing I did is add little more pitch to the heli by adjusting the tx. The heli and Rx is 100% out of the box.

Manuel Campos
Once again, amazing video. LOL, just watching the video alone,
"It's gotta to be Manuel flying".

Thanks a lot for writing your review.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
I just got mine today from HobbyOne and of course the worst rain we have had for ages is forecast for at least the next two days... not -->

My first impressions are that this is a really simple heli. There really is nothing to it mechanically. The head assy is standard 4mm shaft with a reinforced plastic (nylon I guess) head and similar sturdy, V120D02S type but bigger pair of blade grips. There's no annoying swash follower, phasing is maintained as per the V120D02S by the rotor head arms. These might be the part most at risk from a decent crash, we shall have to see. Then, there's a wide toothed main gear, like a grown up V120..., the big fast brushed motor and it's speed controller. The RX sits firmly attached to the simple frame with separate skids - both look pretty tough - not unbreakable but we've seen on a video how they can both take a decent beating.
The tail, similarly simple, hanging out off the boom is the brushed tail rotor with it's little gear box. I've not had a really good look in there yet but it is also simple with large gear teeth. With sand etc, at some point they will just need to be replaced - probably if the motor goes you're best getting a whole tail assy since the rest should also be pretty worn out by then too.

The thing that really stuck me was how neat everything was and how little there really was of it. Walkera have done a pretty decent job on this one and judging by the 3D flights which I am hoping to emulate one day it flies very nicely too.

It's 333g without the battery and 420g with. It's collective response is pretty decent, hopping itself, without hesitation, from my floor.

This is the heli to get if you are thinking about a move to CP from Coax but are worried about the fiddly little parts of the V120/GCP/MiniCP or if you have to consider wind where you fly. It's extra mass over the 120 really should make it a joy to sport fly almost anytime and if you want to try 3D but are not a master mechanic, this thing is simple enough for it not to be a challenge to most people who know the business end of a screwdriver from the handle.

I'll add some pics later and probably some more stats.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
Could someone measure the battery cage for me please? I'd like to know if my 3S packs are going to fit.
Inside cavity measurement:
It is 66mm X 37mm X 19mm (height). It's plastic, so it can expand a bit.

The Gens Ace 25C (19.6mm) is tight on height, but will fit, & difficult to get it out.
The Nano-Tech 45C (18.7mm) height fits great.

I like the fact that I don't have to remove the canopy to install the lipo before & after flying (unlike the 250 size).

Flying around (with no 3D)
3min, 20sec = consumed 460mAh
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Okay so I had a couple of video requests so I had a chance to go flying with Manny this weekend and took both a stock and B/L Master CP for some tests. After flying the 2 helis back to back, we both thought that the stock one flew much better and more predictable. I posted earlier in this thread that I preferred the brushed set-up anyway. There needs a little more tweaking on the B/L to be better. So, he decided to do a vid with the bone stock heli. I bought this one from Oomodels and it is completely stock. No adjustments to the Rx pots and flying with a Devo 10 Tx. Thanks to Manny and his brother (cameraman) for the work.

BTW, the vid is much smoother if you view it directly from Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izTsm...eature=g-all-u
Wow DK that some pretty good flying with the Master CP. My Master needed a little bit of tuning to fly good. The flip rate was unpredictable so the gains and EXT pot needed to be reduce. I'm surprise how well the tail held and the performance with the stock main motor.
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:50 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Wow DK that some pretty good flying with the Master CP. My Master needed a little bit of tuning to fly good. The flip rate was unpredictable so the gains and EXT pot needed to be reduce. I'm surprise how well the tail held and the performance with the stock main motor.
Yeah I wish it was me flying her. LOL. I got to test her as best I could (inverted, flips, rolls, climbouts, upright tic-tocs, etc.) but that's about all I could do with her. I was really happy with the flights so I thought Manny could do a lot more with her and he did.

BTW, I saw your 130X vid. Very nice. I get the feeling you have been putting in some stick time. Over the last couple of years your 3D flight vids have been getting better and better. Good for you man.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,277 Posts
Quote:
LOL...
Tony, did the truck missed your warehouse?
When are you gonna have this thing available?
BTW my second 120 is arriving today from your warehouse.
Thanks, I always get my stuff within 48 hours as usual.
- frequent customer, Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:40 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,192 Posts
Darn it Manuel, now im undecied between the master cp and building this ZYX powerd 250 FBL.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I wish it was me flying her. LOL. I got to test her as best I could (inverted, flips, rolls, climbouts, upright tic-tocs, etc.) but that's about all I could do with her. I was really happy with the flights so I thought Manny could do a lot more with her and he did.

BTW, I saw your 130X vid. Very nice. I get the feeling you have been putting in some stick time. Over the last couple of years your 3D flight vids have been getting better and better. Good for you man.
Lol Manny flew it pretty good. Thanks...yea flying that 130 has improved my flying a lot. My favorite heli up to date! Perfect heli that I can fly almost anywhere I'm still learning so hopefully I get better and be as good as Manny one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
LOL...
Tony, did the truck missed your warehouse?
When are you gonna have this thing available?
BTW my second 120 is arriving today from your warehouse.
Thanks, I always get my stuff within 48 hours as usual.
- frequent customer, Spyro
Lol we're still working on getting the Master CP. The sample we received has issues with the brush motor getting really hot. Too hot to put my finger on it so that's no good. Looks like the one DK had the issue was fixed. Hopefully we get it in soon.
Nice another 120.... The new one with the 6-axis flies pretty stable. Glad your happy with your purchase. The guys here try their best and works hard getting shipments out in time -Tony
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Thanks...yea flying that 130 has improved my flying a lot. My favorite heli up to date! Perfect heli that I can fly almost anywhere I'm still learning so hopefully I get better and be as good as Manny one day
-Tony
LOL, I saw your VIDEO,

hopefully I get better and be as good as Tony one day

- Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:16 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
That vid makes me want mine even more
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Inside cavity measurement:
It is 66mm X 37mm X 19mm (height). It's plastic, so it can expand a bit.

The Gens Ace 25C (19.6mm) is tight on height, but will fit, & difficult to get it out.
The Nano-Tech 45C (18.7mm) height fits great.

I like the fact that I don't have to remove the canopy to install the lipo before & after flying (unlike the 250 size).

Flying around (with no 3D)
3min, 20sec = consumed 460mAh

Where did you get that nice rotor blade holder that's on your Master CP?
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
master cp or mini cp

Given a beginner who practised on coaxial and fixed pitch heli (v911), which one of the following two helis would you recommend ?
Walkera master cp or mini cp ?
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove