SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:48 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTheTail View Post
I have practised hovering just outside my house, on a narrow street, but the other day I took it for a spin at the field I use for my planes.
Wow! Having the extra space makes all the difference!
Now it was like flying a plane but with the added manouverability.
Crashed on the third pack, but it was onto tall grass so no damage apart from a missing tail strut.
After recharging the packs I noticed that I had used less energy per minute of flight than what I normally do. I'm guessing that FFF is more efficient than hovering.
Anyways, having all that space was so much fun, will be going there tomorrow too, just hoping I will not completely kill it.
Correct, in fff you have additional lift so you wont consume as much power as in a hover.

Though, do set times for hover and not fff
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebtx12 View Post
Right there with you Schiksie, got up hoping to do some flying, but too windy...
it's weird, I don't remember June ever being this windy in Texas. Maybe I'm just more aware of the wind nowadays
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:44 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTheTail View Post
I have practised hovering just outside my house, on a narrow street, but the other day I took it for a spin at the field I use for my planes.
Wow! Having the extra space makes all the difference!
Now it was like flying a plane but with the added manouverability.
Crashed on the third pack, but it was onto tall grass so no damage apart from a missing tail strut.
After recharging the packs I noticed that I had used less energy per minute of flight than what I normally do. I'm guessing that FFF is more efficient than hovering.
Anyways, having all that space was so much fun, will be going there tomorrow too, just hoping I will not completely kill it.
Yes I know what you mean. I also went to the park today and had an area all to my else people were way on the other side a few passer buyer one stop an older fellow and chat I was flying the Mini CP but had the V400D02 on the ground kooling off. He want to see it. Anyway with all the space I was able to work on my turns and circle and a few other things.

Up graded bought of my Walkera to brushless main motor the Master CP and V400D02 I just hate that having to wait for the motor to cook down before then next flight.

Well have to see how there going to fly now. Did a test hover with the Master CP in the living room. I have the hovering down pat now on to the next level.

Have fun that's what its all about
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Old Jun 23, 2013, 09:00 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2013
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
it's weird, I don't remember June ever being this windy in Texas. Maybe I'm just more aware of the wind nowadays
I hear you MC, it's been a crazy spring, wind and rain....
stevebtx12 is offline Find More Posts by stevebtx12
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,234 Posts
It's funny you guys talking about the wind. I have never paid so much attention to the wind. Always looking at trees and leaves, flags wondering could I fly? It looks like it might calm down.Maybe should charge soma batteries? Too funny, as I look out the window gauging the wind
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:19 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
We have the same skitty weather in the Bay area. For the last TWO months not one single calm day!!
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:15 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,567 Posts
Put nice flight on my Master today. Thinking on maybe getting a Genius c/p v2 or maybe just another Master c/p. I have parts for both and some extras. Plus fresh supply of batteries. I likie bigger size but micros are fun also and fly anyware.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:36 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Put nice flight on my Master today. Thinking on maybe getting a Genius c/p v2 or maybe just another Master c/p. I have parts for both and some extras. Plus fresh supply of batteries. I likie bigger size but micros are fun also and fly anyware.
I strongly recommend a v120d02s instead of the mini/genius/super.
Its just a much better heli.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:56 PM
The Netherlands, GE, Weurt
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
I strongly recommend a v120d02s instead of the mini/genius/super.
Its just a much better heli.
True if you realy want a smaller size go for the V120.
Schiksie is offline Find More Posts by Schiksie
Old Jun 23, 2013, 04:09 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,567 Posts
No thanks I don't want another sized heli to mess with. Knowing Walkrea the V120D02s will be obsolete soon. Hope not but its been around for awhile now.
Blade 130X will smoke it anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 04:13 PM
The Netherlands, GE, Weurt
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Quote:
No thanks I don't want another sized heli to mess with. Knowing Walkrea the V120D02s will be obsolete soon. Hope not but its been around for awhile now.
You mean the tailwag from the 130 will blow it away ha ha.
Schiksie is offline Find More Posts by Schiksie
Old Jun 23, 2013, 05:01 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiksie View Post
You mean the tailwag from the 130 will blow it away ha ha.
This, heh.

The 120 is actually a better heli then the 130x.

Or well, its slightly worse then a 130x when the 130 is flying perfectly. But that usually only happens for 1 or 2 flights.
Then its back to troubleshooting it.

If you want something that fly's extremely well you put a zyx-s with satellite on the v120, or even a Fu-Bar / mini V-bar. You will have to change connectors on the servos though. But you get the best flying micro that exists (as you get piro comp).
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:28 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,299 Posts
Quote:
2s v120d02s evens the playing field considerably. the v120d02s is a better flyer than the 100 sized birds BUT, the 100 sized birds with brushless and 7mm tail motors are extremely fun too. I actually fly my brushless miniCP more than my v120d02s. But it's admittedly for a slightly different reason. My brushless miniCP i can go right outside and fly it. my v120d02s is 2s and it's so fast and headspeed so high that i don't feel comfortable flying that in front of the house. I need a large open space for it.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jun 24, 2013, 09:40 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,567 Posts
I fly both Blade and Walkrea. All my Blade birds gave me very little problems. Walkrea Master and V400D02 trash servos. V400D02 is seriously weak frame supports. Genius c/p weak frame. They fly fine. All of them. I'll skip the 120 sized helis. I may convert a Master c/p brushless with mgs and other mgs stock. Most likely get 300X to fly with M C/P.
To bad Walkrea has no support at all. They are good flyers. I was all on board with them until V400D02, and then M C/P. They knew defective brittle servos with V400 and then used same ones for M C/P. bad call. They do not offer extra greas for these. Or metal upgrades. Yes buy $12.00 + replacements.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:55 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
345 Posts
Servo Problem Again

Wonder if anyone has encounter this problem before. Was out flying had a small crash the blade grip linkage pop off right were the heli laid. Put the linkage back on fire up the TX and heli and nothing heli was dead but I knew I had power because of the lights on the heli were on.

Came home check everything out. So I tried un-binding the fix ID nothing after doing this a few time the rx arm with TX tried to fly agian and again nothing. Did the bind thing a few more times. But what I notice if I left the bind plug in the RX it would link up with the radio but when putting the Elevator plug back in it would not.

Okay so to keep this message short, here what I end up doing put the bind plug back in turn on TX and then RX heli arm I put the fix Id back in turn everything off and restarted with the elevator plug back in rx would not arm with TX so here was the fix.

Just for the heck of it I plug in another servo into the elevator port fire up everything and the rx linkup with the radio. Went back and forth with this and come to fine I guess there's a short with the elevator servo.
Now this is one of the new metal gear servo that I waiting 2 1/2 week to get and its bad. From all the post I've read I thought these walkera metal gear servo were better then the stock.

I guess I'm better off either using another brand and do the mods like some have or stick with the cheap stock one. At least this way I can get them some what locale and not have to wait, better yet I may need to stock up on a few servo.

I first though that maybe my receiver had went bad and crying at the face that I may have to lay out $70 bucks for another hi hi hi..

Well I have two stock one laying around from the upgrade so will be putting it end until I get a metal gear replacement.
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun