HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:54 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Since your Devo 10 worked much better than the Devo 7E on your BL motor, I wonder if that implies that throttle response "issue" is more of programming than of a hardware mod required.
My tracking # shows that my heli is just 50 miles from my local post office.
I'll be able to try it with Devo 8S, BL motor, and BL ESC.

I got a spare 3800KV, and a 15T pinion, hopefully it works.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 2010
4 Posts
I could not get the RX802 to bind when I connected it to the 3GX on 450 Pro FBL I'm using a Devention TX10. Any idea of what could be the problem?
Alex44 is offline Find More Posts by Alex44
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:18 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex44 View Post
I could not get the RX802 to bind when I connected it to the 3GX on 450 Pro FBL I'm using a Devention TX10. Any idea of what could be the problem?
You might want to check this out.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=25
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:48 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Okay, so I did the conversion again ...
Thanks for the update info on your mods and testing.
J have ordered the v200d03 motor (4000kv) and matching esc (only $31 for both, so cheap enough as a test setup. The main gear from MCP and v200d03 looks to be the same.
It will be a while until I can post any results though.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,190 Posts
i wish the rest of my parts would come in......finally got my batteries...just waiting on a few key parts and I will be all set. I hope the hitec servos work. looks like they fit perfectly though (haven't mounted them yet). Don't want to mount them until i make sure the arms are centered and all that jazz. not to worried if they are reversed i should be able to use their programmer to fix that. I just hope they aren't glitchy.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:51 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Okay, so I did the conversion again and this time I decided to drop the little Devo 7E Tx and use my Devo 10 and it works much better with this combination. The throttle still doesn't start to kick in until about 35%. But, that's acceptable since I do all of my flying in stunt mode anyway. However, it will fly just fine in Nor mode using a linear throttle curve. I think with a little more adjusting of the curve, I can get it to perform pretty much like it was brushed. All I can say is this heli is a rocket with a B/L motor in it and the tail still holds solid. IMO, if you are thinking of using a motor with less than 4200kv, you will have to locate a bigger pinion gear to get the headspeed needed for some 3D. I am using a 4200kv motor with the stock pinion. At 90% throttle performance was a little better than stock while at 100% the heli really wakes up.
Devo 7 seems to handle throttle input different than the other devo radios. I have a devo 7 and a devo 8 and the throttle is diffent on them.
Try this method as I have used this on other brushless conversions.
You need a 6 volt battery like a Li-on I use for my servo tester.
Plug into the AIL port to power up the reciver and bind to TX.
Push throttle to top. Then power up the ESC and you should be able to set throttle min / max.
I think this will work, but I don't have my heli yet, so I can't test.
ps
You might have to add the 1k ohm resister in the power check socket to bind.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Sep 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Aug 2010
4 Posts
3GX and Devention RX 802 and TX Devention10

I recently purchased a Trex 450 Pro FBL with 3GX. I've tried to bind the 3GX to the RX 802 but have not been able to do so. The RX and the TX bind perfectly if I don't connect the RX to the 3GX.
Does anyone know how?

Thank you,
Alex
Alex44 is offline Find More Posts by Alex44
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
769 Posts
Quote:
I recently purchased a Trex 450 Pro FBL with 3GX. I've tried to bind the 3GX to the RX 802 but have not been able to do so. The RX and the TX bind perfectly if I don't connect the RX to the 3GX.
Does anyone know how?

Thank you,
Alex
Make sure first that you have your wiring right, see this thread for pics and the list:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=396067
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know how?

Thank you,
Alex

make sure you are using fixed id
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Mine came in today. This thing is a little tank, This is set up on a 7 by the book I'm on normal mode. The main was warn after 4min but not bad. I hope to get more in on it this weekend. Tonight it's smoky from the fire's we have going on out here.

JD

Master CP (4 min 1 sec)
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,190 Posts
I can't wait to get mine going, the more I see it fly the more i like it.....looks great in the air. I can tell you're babying at the beginning but near the end you can see the comfort setting in.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:26 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
I have one on the way - here by Tuesday if customs doesn't duck it all up for me.
This shall sit at work and be my lunchtime heli - let me practice some flips and simple 3D without the fear of trashing my V200D03 with a inverted collective dumb thumb.
Glad to hear about it handling the wind, as where I intend to fly it will need to deal with a bit of a sea breeze.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:58 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
I'm watching you guys. If the reviews are good, I might pull the plug. A green canopy would help too (to whoever it might concern, like a lurking walkera employee reading these pages... hint hint)... or i would be forced to design my own
Yep - I can see my canopy getting sprayed Yellow or iridescent green/purple... something at least to let me see it properly. Being partially red colour blind doesn't help for stock WK canopies!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:05 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Yep - I can see my canopy getting sprayed Yellow or iridescent green/purple... something at least to let me see it properly. Being partially red colour blind doesn't help for stock WK canopies!
Actually, Walkeras black/red paint scheme only works well if your model sits in a shelf 24/7. Its horrible for orientation outdoors .
Really wish they would offer proper red/green/orange or yellow paint jobs on their helicopters.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Actually, Walkeras black/red paint scheme only works well if your model sits in a shelf 24/7. Its horrible for orientation outdoors .
Really wish they would offer proper red/green/orange or yellow paint jobs on their helicopters.
The dark canopy and black blades is a toxic combination. I had a crash because of that even through it was not that far away. Walkera is using this sort of combination across their whole line of helis. No prizes for guessing why. I would recommend trying white Trex 250 blades. They will fit in the blade grips although you may want to add a washer or two.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw