HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:58 PM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
Thanks for the settings, just took my master cp for maiden flight and I have to say I was nervous and shaking! I've only flown the genious and super cp so I didn't know what to expect. The one thing I had to do was level the swash, it was off a little but once airborne it flew perfect. This thing is so much easier to fly than my super cp, so easy to control. You know how the first time you flew a bigger heli, I have that feeling going on right now. Just made my weekend.
Robmacdon is offline Find More Posts by Robmacdon
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:30 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,103 Posts
I was just testing some new settings and so far all is good. Big thing is noware as jumpy on ground effect. I think we will become good friends and play nice. I just got another because I like Master c/p. To be honest I like all my helis/ quads. This is something I wanted to do for a very long time. Show time is now.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Mar 02, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:34 PM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
Went to wowhobbies earlier and got a better charger extra battery and servos. They're only giving promos for holidays etc. it's not a good "store" to visit. Yes they have product but its hard to get questions answered when there. It's like they expect you to already know what you want because if you have a question they go to another part of the building to get an answer. Very little product in the store part. I hear their phone customer service is better. The people in the store part aren't flyers or even knowledgeable which sucks. Just got a micro camera I'm putting on the master cp and I'm going to take it and my super cp to the park tomorrow. Thanks for the help everybody and happy flying!
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:59 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Can someone tell me the size wrench to use on the Allen screw for the tail rotor blade shaft lock collar.

I don't have anything that small.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:29 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmacdon View Post
Went to wowhobbies earlier and got a better charger extra battery and servos. They're only giving promos for holidays etc.
Thanks for asking

Quote:
It's not a good "store" to visit. Yes they have product but its hard to get questions answered when there. It's like they expect you to already know what you want because if you have a question they go to another part of the building to get an answer. Very little product in the store part. I hear their phone customer service is better. The people in the store part aren't flyers or even knowledgeable which sucks.
Too bad about the in-store anti-climax. I'll say this for them, they sure get it out the door fast. Everything I have ordered recently has been amazingly quick in landing in my mailbox.

Quote:
Just got a micro camera I'm putting on the master cp and I'm going to take it and my super cp to the park tomorrow. Thanks for the help everybody and happy flying!
I have read a bunch on the key fob cams where some of them remove the shell and mount it as a bare naked chip to shave weight.

What cam did you get?
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:56 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Can someone tell me the size wrench to use on the Allen screw for the tail rotor blade shaft lock collar.

I don't have anything that small.
Hello !

The answer to your question is in post #1013 and following (page 68) !

Regards, Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:59 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
I finally got out with My MasterCP and V400D02 in between snow storms.
I'm a little rusty as I have only have to Master out twice since summer and this is the first on the V400. The master handles perfect in the wind, but the V400 has a little Wag and needs some TLC.
MasterCPV400D02 (4 min 3 sec)
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:22 AM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
The two Helis I bought from wowhobbies they were rtf versions and they flew them in front of me so they do make sure you're getting a working model. No doa's. wow didn't have the master cp so I went with miracle-mart and they seem to be pretty good. I emailed them about wrong info on their website and they changed it that day and sent me an apology email. For a Hong Kong vendor the reviews have been pretty good over the last several years. The camera I got for the master I got from amazon. "HDE worlds smallest hd digital video camera mini DV DVr". It did come with all the accessories in the picture . I'm mounting it under the canopy on the flat part at an angle and it seems it will fit there. It weighs almost nothing. I'll post results.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Went to wowhobbies earlier and got a better charger extra battery and servos. They're only giving promos for holidays etc. it's not a good "store" to visit. Yes they have product but its hard to get questions answered when there. It's like they expect you to already know what you want because if you have a question they go to another part of the building to get an answer. Very little product in the store part. I hear their phone customer service is better. The people in the store part aren't flyers or even knowledgeable which sucks. Just got a micro camera I'm putting on the master cp and I'm going to take it and my super cp to the park tomorrow. Thanks for the help everybody and happy flying!
The Wowhobbies store doesn't look small to me though. Perhaps you are used to very large shops in the U.S.

zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:17 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,999 Posts
Heh, that shop is like 4x larger then my LHS that only orders from Robbe.
Mine doesn't even stock a *single* 250 size heli part. This will hopefully change though as their planning to open a online shop.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:23 AM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
Don't take it wrong I'm not trying to slam wowhobbies but I had to laugh at the picture you posted because that isn't close to how it looks. It's a very small room with nothing on the walls and two small counters with some smaller Helis and accessories inside. The only complaint I have is the flyers that test the products are downstairs in the warehouse so it's hard communicating with them but that's the only thing wrong. They restock quick and are reliable. They're the only ones around here that carry walkera so I feel very lucky to have them close by. I'll just get all my questions answered here then go shop. No problem, moving on now
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:12 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hello !

The answer to your question is in post #1013 and following (page 68) !

Regards, Roland
Thanks,

Just an FYI, Guys McMaster Carr carries Whia brand drivers that are VERY nice and the price is right. Delivery at my house is so fast I am in disbelief.
They do not necessarily show what brand they are, I guess so they can swap suppliers without a major catalog edit session. But all the drivers I got are Whia and I was relieved as I know many instrumentation techs that love the maker.

Here's the PAGE for the 0.9mm driver, (Go to the left column and choose your size) I went ahead and ordered the 7 piece set listed below it to avoid any surprises in the future.

They also have the smaller nut drivers (Scroll Down) and screwdrivers and the fit is very good as the "0" size Phillips is mostly what I find.

The Hobbyist price jump is not included.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:16 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
The camera I got for the master I got from amazon. "HDE worlds smallest hd digital video camera mini DV DVr". It did come with all the accessories in the picture . I'm mounting it under the canopy on the flat part at an angle and it seems it will fit there. It weighs almost nothing. I'll post results.
Would love to know the weight and see sample vids.

Thanks
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:15 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,995 Posts
For a camera which won't affect the Master's flying abilities try an '808 #16'. There's a whole thread on RCG dedicated to it, an option of 3?4? lenses, 2 GUIs for managing it at if you buy from the authentic dealers (now 3 or 4 of them too) then you get good service and a great HD camera for $40. Just do everyone a favour on the 808 #16 thread by reading the first few pages which will probably answer most questions and use the search options rather than posting repeats of the same questions answered already! It's a huge thread so most things are already answered somewhere.

(Edited to refer to the 808 #16 thread rather than this one re: searching/reading first posts)
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Last edited by thwaitm; Mar 04, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:37 PM
pitch collector
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Jan 2013
49 Posts
Does anyone of you know how to remove the blade grips?

I used two 1.5 mm hex keys, one at either end of the feathering(?) shaft, as it rotates if only one is used.
It took some force to get the screw out, I almost thought it would break.

Now I expected the blade grip to just slide off the shaft, but it won't.
What have I missed?
LostTheTail is offline Find More Posts by LostTheTail