SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:17 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
I had mine out yesterday for the first time since October. It is completely stock as it came from the factory. When I bind, as long as it is sitting fairly flat and I don't disturb it, the servos are dead still. I have 0 pitch at 0 throttle. My TH pitch is also a flat line zero degrees. The pitch drops to -2 degrees at 1/4 throttle, back to 0 at mid stick, and then linear to high stick to about 11 degrees +. I was only sport flying, but noticed no issues at all with the servos. I have the metal gear servos, but have not installed them yet as I have no time and decided to use the stock up until they get sloppy or give other problems.
After flying several minis and a V120D02S, this thing is really a tank, but also a pussy cat to fly. It's darn near like flying a big fixed pitch.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuank View Post
Thanks oldsneakers, will be giving the setup another shot and flying it anyway, once the rain stops on a weekend...

(Perhaps it's just me, but the sight of twitching mechanical objects just doesn't make me feel at ease )
I have the same servos in mine and they work great . When you move your sticks everything works , but when you tilt heli around is when you see what your describing ? If so try pulling the main blades and running heli in your hand and tilt heli and see if gyros correct against your movements . Also give stick inputs and see how servos work .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:30 PM
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Ok so I'm gonna give it a test flight with the servo issues and let you know how it goes.
So I was trying to figure this servo thing out and there was a YouTube video very similar to what we have going on. If you type in( v120d02s is it really a servo delay issue.) The video somewhat made some sense.
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Did the test flight. Flew perfect with hovering and a few small. Circuits. Very surprised but happy!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:37 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Also forgot to mention before flight servos were still doing same issue. In air I couldn't see the swash very well so after test flight landed it and the servo and swash had smooth movement throughout all of the range. So idk what i did but it's fixed. I did some minor sub trimming with the servos before flight so maybe that worked?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:25 PM
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
333 Posts
I don't know what is causing it but I think it's normal. Mine was twitching away on the bench. Just went outside, took off & flew with no problems. Maybe it needs to sense motion to work right.
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Yeah could be it. Did u check the movement after flight? Mine was acting. Completely normal after I took my short test flight. No twitching at all.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Something else i have noticed is there is no gyro compensation on mine unless there is throttle applied . This is not normal with other flybarless controlers . Walkera set up makes for even worse damage if throttle hold is activated in flight.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:22 PM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
twitching, spasming servos

54885488, Bnh105, oldsneakers, thanks for the suggestions.

54885488, yes there is no gyro compensation until throttle is applied.

Bnh105, great that it is working, I'll have to wait until next weekend to try again. *fingers crossed*
chuank is offline Find More Posts by chuank
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
chuank,
let us know how it goes, good luck!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:23 PM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
Hi everybody, I'm joining this thread because I just ordered a master cp from miracle mart. I've only been flying cp for a month and a half. I have devo 7 and 7e as I first bought a genious cp v2 and then super cp with 7e. I mainly fly the super cp as I really like learning on it. I also have phoenix sim. I wanted a little bigger yet noob friendly cp so I ordered the master. I live only 20 minutes from wowhobbies so I can get parts easy. I plan on upgrading the servos immediately or as they fail. I'll be getting metal gear servos (walkera) and as the plastic ones fail can you replace one at a time or do I have to remove all the plastic geared ones then install all metal. In other words can you mix metal and plastic?
Robmacdon is offline Find More Posts by Robmacdon
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Rob, welcome to the group. Right now I have 2 metal and one plastic servo in. Flew it this am. Just sport flying. And it flew fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:35 PM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm real new but doing ok with the super. I'm reading as much as I can about this heli and can't wait to fly it. Bought new skids for the super and couldn't fly today because way too windy. O well back to the sim. And more reading about the master cp.
Robmacdon is offline Find More Posts by Robmacdon
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Rob,
This was my first cp I got and wow. Its got some power to it coming from large 4ch heli this is awesome but kinda scary lol. I took it apart last night put those new servos on messed with my TX setrings just so I was more familiar with it. Really helped alot pm me if you got any qiestions about anything.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmacdon View Post
Hi everybody, I'm joining this thread because I just ordered a master cp from miracle mart. I've only been flying cp for a month and a half. I have devo 7 and 7e as I first bought a genious cp v2 and then super cp with 7e. I mainly fly the super cp as I really like learning on it. I also have phoenix sim. I wanted a little bigger yet noob friendly cp so I ordered the master. I live only 20 minutes from wowhobbies so I can get parts easy. I plan on upgrading the servos immediately or as they fail. I'll be getting metal gear servos (walkera) and as the plastic ones fail can you replace one at a time or do I have to remove all the plastic geared ones then install all metal. In other words can you mix metal and plastic?
Welcome to the site and the master cp .