HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:07 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Mod 0.6 2.3mm, put it head to head with the stock pinion and it has the same dimensions except its a different color and with a locking screw.

Was going to space the pinion and main gear with the paper trick but noticed something alarming. The entire front of the frame was almost snapped clean of (~1mm of plastic holding it on one side).

I must have missed a small crack from my last crash and now its gotten so bad that the gyro/esc tray snapped of as i gently tried to remove all components to get to it.

Going to have to do a complete rebuild later today now. .
OR just fix it with glasfibre and epoxy, I did the same after a hard crash
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:06 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
OR just fix it with glasfibre and epoxy, I did the same after a hard crash
/have 2 spare frames lying around ,expected the frame to fail at some point.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:38 AM
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Rollmops,
Thanks im going to try those settings, ill let you know how it goes!
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:29 PM
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
301 Posts
Degrees of cyclic

Quote:
Make sure you have at least 8 deg of elevator& aileron cylic . My helis only had half of this as shipped from factory . If you need more adjust on receiver in heli . Also you can change pitch curve so you hit max pitch with less stick movement from center .
Hey 54885488, I'm trying to check the degrees of cyclic on my master cp. Is this right? I put a pitch gage on the main blade, go to Stunt1, 75% throttle(0 degrees pitch) and move the right stick forward and back. This is with the motors unplugged of course. And the blade 90 degrees to the heli body.

I get +- 10 degrees on the pitch gage.

Then I put the blade inline with the heli body and moved the right stick left and right and got +-13 degrees.
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Last edited by oldsneakers; Feb 16, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Ok so i got the throttle and pitch setup. I was making sure swash was level and now I noticed that when I go any direction, left right up down on right stick it works but all the servos come back extremely slow and. Sometimes click. Is this normal? Never noticed it before. Any TX settings I need to do?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
twitching, spasming servos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
Ok so i got the throttle and pitch setup. I was making sure swash was level and now I noticed that when I go any direction, left right up down on right stick it works but all the servos come back extremely slow and. Sometimes click. Is this normal? Never noticed it before. Any TX settings I need to do?
Hi Bnh105, if you read my previous posts in this thread, you seem to be describing the same twitching of the servos that's happening to my heli. Are you using the stock Walkera servos? Do your servos still twitch when your Mix switch is at 2?

I have not found the cause of this problem. After replacing a new ESC, and a Rx, the twitching still remains.

Mine are using the Hitec 5055 servos, and until my metal gear Walkera servos arrive, I won't be able to tell if my Hitec servos are the culprit. Anyone with 5055s having this problem too?
chuank is offline Find More Posts by chuank
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
chuank,
i just tried them in mix 2, on my devo 8s. still same thing, i just got my metal gear servos from rtf heli a few days ago, do you think if i replace all of them this may fix it? i dont want to replace them if it wont help?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
sorry yes i am using the stock walkera plastic servos as well it came with
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:39 PM
Joined Jul 2011
301 Posts
Chuank, I figured out that my servos only click and move slow back to center when I have the motors unplugged. It stops when I plug them in. Maybe that's related to your issue.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
oldsneakers, nope i just tried that on mine it does the exsct same thing. Im holding off to replace all my servos tonight until i hear some feedback if you guys think that will help?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
Hey 54885488, I'm trying to check the degrees of cyclic on my master cp. Is this right? I put a pitch gage on the main blade, go to Stunt1, 75% throttle(0 degrees pitch) and move the right stick forward and back. This is with the motors unplugged of course. And the blade 90 degrees to the heli body.

I get +- 10 degrees on the pitch gage.

Then I put the blade inline with the heli body and moved the right stick left and right and got +-13 degrees.
Yea thats how i do it . Like you said the main thing is being at 0 pitch with the blades before you introduce any elev or ale movement .
Make sure when your at mid stick that you have 0 pitch also . If im reading you right it looks like you 0 pitch at 75 percent throttle stick position .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Last edited by 54885488; Feb 16, 2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:34 AM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
so i put all new metal servos on, everything was level and responding great. (motor was unplugged the whole time. as soon as i plugged motor in and tried the movement. right back to where it was!! I tried holding the helicopter and moving it around with my hand with enginge off and the swash and servo moved fine, so idk anymore. Anyone have any input?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Jul 2011
301 Posts
Bnh105, like I told Chuank, even though I get the twitching servos, my heli flies fine. At least for normal sport flying. Give yours a try.

Thanks 54885488. Yes, mid stick is 0 degrees pitch & 75% throttle in stunt1.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:01 AM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
chuank,
i just tried them in mix 2, on my devo 8s. still same thing, i just got my metal gear servos from rtf heli a few days ago, do you think if i replace all of them this may fix it? i dont want to replace them if it wont help?
mine stops jittering when I set it to Mix 2, using Devo 7. However it also stops the gyro stabilisation.

Quote:
Chuank, I figured out that my servos only click and move slow back to center when I have the motors unplugged. It stops when I plug them in. Maybe that's related to your issue.
Thanks for the feedback; yes, plugging my motor wires back in seemed to reduce the effect a bit. With the motors spinning (while holding the heli up above my head), adding cyclic still caused the servos to veer off-course, then twitch and center slowly, but it is less pronounced. Perhaps it's due to the vibrations from the spinning rotors adding some self-correction, but it did feel less of a major spasm.

Been raining a lot here, so I haven't had the chance to fully test this. The last time I did, the heli was hell-bent on tipping over, but that could have been just poor swashplate adjustments. Will definitely try again.

After my failed attempts in diagnostics, I can only say that for now, it could be the Hitec 5055s being incompatible with the Devo Rx, or, based on the new input here of Walkera servos doing the same, it could be something else in the Devo Rx causing the issue. However, I have changed my Rx already (unfortunately to what seems to be a suspiciously used Rx sold by the LHS, and I was stupid enough not to check throughly).

What about the other Master CP pilots here? Do you experience 'chicken-dancing' servos with Hitec 5055s/Walkera servos, but somehow your heli still works the way it should when you fly it, despite the twitches?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:05 AM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts

Quote:
Bnh105, like I told Chuank, even though I get the twitching servos, my heli flies fine. At least for normal sport flying. Give yours a try.

Thanks 54885488. Yes, mid stick is 0 degrees pitch & 75% throttle in stunt1.
Thanks oldsneakers, will be giving the setup another shot and flying it anyway, once the rain stops on a weekend...

(Perhaps it's just me, but the sight of twitching mechanical objects just doesn't make me feel at ease )