Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:26 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
no, it starts automaticly a new scan after every new start
Thanks got it! It worked good! Sad part is people werent kidding about the cheapo servos in these!! One very minor crash (in snow even) and 2 servos are stripped.
I already have the metal gear servos on the way! Are there any other spare parts I should buy? ?
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:39 PM
Bring back the Huey!
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Hi All
Figured I might add some info for all in regard to some changes/tests on my CP.

1st - I bought a Devo 10 so I could run Deviation, took a while to figure it all out, but i got it figured out and couldn't be happier with it.

2nd - After my bad crash with the CP back when, I decided to add some simple strapping tape on the inside of the body. I also added it to the frame area around the ESC Cage. Simple and cheap and it just save me big time. I have hit the ground once (no Damage) and a tree head first two days ago....Damage, that weak tail boom and I finally chipped a rotor blade. Body and frame had no damage. It helps.

3rd: Because I broke a blade I took it to my local Heli Store to see about the 250 Blades and Align Carbon fiber boom.
Boom -- forget it. Of course its to large and the cut lines from Align to Walkera are 90 Degrees apart. I tried to sand it down but no luck. It gets to weak and not straight when inserted. Aluminum boom was even larger OD so we didn't even try.
Blades -- I told him about the issues with washers and wobble and he suggested we try what they do with a Gaui and use 4 550 Shims. We installed them and they fit good so it was outside to give it a try.
The test -- It became a whole different Heli. No wobble, roll lean or pitch problems at all. Pull out power increased dramatically and the heli is much faster. Not as nimble and quick as my V120D02 but big increase. No tail blow out issues occurred. Gyros and servos were keeping up with no problems.
Then I tried some 3D. I went to go inverted and it flipped completely around on it own axis, Wasn't expecting that. Tried it again with more stick and got 3 flips then squirrely. Now I cut down my stick movement and got it inverted. Not quite as stable as stock blades but I kinda stink at inverted anyway on the CP. These were all back flips, didn't try front flips.
Then I tried a right roll....turned over very quick but, again I went to far and it led to a uncontrolled side to side moves. I don't know if it was me or the heli as it moves quicker with these blades. I saved it and pucker factor made it time to land. Test over.
Verdict -- Stock blades movements are slower and sound better. Harder to invert but seem to hold better. 250 Blades made it a new faster, quicker Heli. It flys docile when you want to, but will go crazy if you want that. After 3 runs with these blades I see no need for me to go brushless as the power change is more than I need. All the 3D stuff was done at 95 max Throttle. I still want to try changing the gyro settings and see if I can get it to fly like my V120 or 450 but Mother nature is not helping. I also want to try a heavier Blade than the one's on now (8g) to see what they do.
Parts I used were from Heliflightcenter
Gaui Hurricane 550 Washer Pack for Wooden Blades
HeliStorm 205mm Carbon Fiber Blades
PS: I got about 10 washers left over if anybody who has more skill than me wants to give it a shot. Free to fellow flyers. They are slightly larger than the Blade grip and the center hole is slightly larger but they work as Joe (owner) said they would.
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:11 PM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
Thanks got it! It worked good! Sad part is people werent kidding about the cheapo servos in these!! One very minor crash (in snow even) and 2 servos are stripped.
I already have the metal gear servos on the way! Are there any other spare parts I should buy? ?
Main Gear, Boom, feathering shaft.
Yea, I thought the snow would help me if I crashed also, so I go hit a stupid tree.
PS: I built one of those Polaris's also. Good flyer
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:45 PM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
I put 10 flights in with the new blades. Speed and response is very fast. For my skill set I am going to try Aligns heavier blade to split the difference between Walkeras Heavy weights and Helistorms light weights and it should be good.
I had no issues with tail hold or gyro's keeping up with everything on its stock setting. I cut the TC down at spots because it had so much power. At 85-90% I had no bogging at all and I have 15 Degrees Pitch. At 100% it became to fast and nimble for me to comfortably handle.
Inverted worked fine after I got used to the quick flip rate, same with rolls. Flight time and battery voltage/heat stayed the same as with the stockers. But, I do miss the sound of Walkeras blades.
My final conclusion so far is that at stock it is more slower on all stick movements and easier to handle. With these blades you can get in trouble quick if you over input stick movement because it comes so fast. It is cool to flip on its own axis so fast....make me look like I know what I'm doing, but I know better. My rolls still stink. Added plus is that they do shut down a tad quicker than stock. Delay still there but blades stop quicker....not that its gonna matter any.
Also, all this was done with stock, plastic servos and nothing stripped. I have not stripped a servo yet. I think Walkera messed up and gave me 3 that were too strong..reverse quality control issue
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:18 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSmurf View Post
I have not stripped a servo yet. I think Walkera messed up and gave me 3 that were too strong..reverse quality control issue
Achievment Unlocked

"Did not strip a stock walkera servo in a crash."

Might want to go grab a lottery ticket

And great that you can fly with alternate blades, every time iv tired iv the gyro always overcorrects because of the faster response. And i get weird wobbles when giving it cyclic input. Taking 2-4 corrections before it calms down again.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:57 PM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
I was nervous as hell because I knew you had those issues and was ready for it but for what ever reason it never occurred. Well, except for the first roll attempt, but I still don't know if it was me or the gyros. It Never wobbled once, maybe the washers. I thought at first they were to big but he assured me that they would work.
Either that or Walkera really messed up and gave me a prototype that was good and made the reverse changes later before selling the rest or
Maybe it was my first nose in crash....it messed with the gyros.
Take care
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
so i got my master cp with devo 7 rtf, did some very minor adjustments and hovered great, i just got a new devo 8s and binded it, didnt change anything on the devo 8s. tried to hover it, as soon as it got off the tail started spinning like craxy in a circle. could you guys help me? can anyone give me the proper settings i need to set this up on my devo 8s? or why it was spinning like that? sorry im new to this hobby and any help would be greatly appreciated
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:41 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
so i got my master cp with devo 7 rtf, did some very minor adjustments and hovered great, i just got a new devo 8s and binded it, didnt change anything on the devo 8s. tried to hover it, as soon as it got off the tail started spinning like craxy in a circle. could you guys help me? can anyone give me the proper settings i need to set this up on my devo 8s? or why it was spinning like that? sorry im new to this hobby and any help would be greatly appreciated
Sounds like the gyro percent setting is below 50% on the tx (anything below 50% disables the tail gyro)...On my 8s it's the "mix" switch, go in the menu and make sure at least one position on that switch is set higher than 50%
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:46 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Ok i will give that a try thanks. What would you suggest for a beginner setting for. Them?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:59 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Ok i will give that a try thanks. What would you suggest for a beginner setting for. Them?
Between 70 and 85 % on the gyro.
If you have no tail wag, increase gyro. If the tail is wagging reduce gyro.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:23 PM
Philippines, Western Visayas, Bacolod City
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Hi guyz...I just need a little help here:
I am a beginner on heli, I have Walkera Master CP, I just notice that the throttle of my transmitter Devo 7 is just about 20% but the heli is increasing the ROTOR SPEED in a high speed w/o touching or moving the throttle. The heli is on the platform, Is it normal?
TazArf is offline Find More Posts by TazArf
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:44 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Had a crash with training gear on. and she took out the ElE Metal servo. It clicks and looks like its busting at the back cover seam.

I had the throttle cut and maybe too high for training gear to save any thing.

I want to Chime in a plug for Wow hobbies. Those guys are shipping very fast to my door with no kind of sexual assault on the shipping costs. They pack it and get ti out the door pretty quick.

Also, a tip for miniature precision screw & drivers and nut drivers from McMaster Carr .com. They are priced right too,
They do not say it in the adds but they are made by Whia. G-gg--g nite Folks!
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
I'm new. To setting up cp heli. I'm working on the pitch right now. I will only be using it in normal mode for quite awhile. So should I still set it at 0 pitch at mid stick in idle up mode or should I set the pitch to 0 in normal mode with throttle down?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
I'm new. To setting up cp heli. I'm working on the pitch right now. I will only be using it in normal mode for quite awhile. So should I still set it at 0 pitch at mid stick in idle up mode or should I set the pitch to 0 in normal mode with throttle down?
If you set it to 0 at mid stick, in both IU and normal modes, you can set the pitch curves in the upper half to match as well. Then, flying upright in normal mode will feel like it does in IU and flipping the switch from one to another will not produce any bumpy effect.

In normal, give a little negative pitch to help with wind -induced lift.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:19 PM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Ok so in normal mode giving it a little negative pitch. It would be like - 1 pitch when throttle is all the way down right? Very nee to all this and trying to figure it out on my devo 8s so i don't destroy anything
RCG Plus Member