HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:32 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Thank You! At the same you replied I was reading between the Devo 10 and the Master CP manuals.

The master CP has Gyro setup recommendations for the Devo 7e and then everything else Devo in the manual.

The Master CP manual speaks of setting the Mix to position 2 @ 50% for testing and no flight during this.

My Devo 10 had Aile/DR so I swapped to Mix and did as instructed on position 2 setting it to 50%. It says the LED will slowly flash indicating test or adjustment mode and it did.

I have not read anywhere about the 75% setting until you helped. I put the Mix positions 0 & 1 @ 75% and the flashing stopped.

I took it out just before dark and all is well, Thank You.

I have been flashing between the Deviation and Devo 10 FW's and something must have gotten corrupted or swapped around in the process. I have never messed with the Gyro setup in any FW.

I had to come off Deviation because of no collective pitch. I will try again and get a Master CP ini next time.

Thanks
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:44 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
So, are specifications out somewhere for all the dimensions on the master cp screws?
Im getting tired of stripping mine and as im getting my brushless parts tomorrow its about time.
Im primary looking for the specs of the blade grip, feathering shaft, rotor head, and main gear screws.

Titanium or at least high quality steel instead of the pathetically weak aluminium walkera is using would be nice. And torx instead of hex.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:14 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,397 Posts
Gapi,

Regarding the tail gyro gain setting, a lot of tail gyros support both head locking and rate mode. They usually use positive and negative numbers to differentiate the 2 modes. The bigger the absolute value the bigger the gain. 0 means gyro is disabled.

Some TX does not support negative numbers and the whole thing is shifted up and mapped into 0 to 100. Hence 50 may means 0, i.e. gyro is disabled, 25 is equivalent to -50 and 75 is equivalent to +50.... If I remember correctly that is how it works on my V120D02S with Devo 7.

Regards
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:29 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Gapi,

Regarding the tail gyro gain setting, a lot of tail gyros support both head locking and rate mode. They usually use positive and negative numbers to differentiate the 2 modes. The bigger the absolute value the bigger the gain. 0 means gyro is disabled.

Some TX does not support negative numbers and the whole thing is shifted up and mapped into 0 to 100. Hence 50 may means 0, i.e. gyro is disabled, 25 is equivalent to -50 and 75 is equivalent to +50.... If I remember correctly that is how it works on my V120D02S with Devo 7.

Regards
Thanks, Is the 75% you recommended a starting or testing point to get me going or is it a known best value for the Master CP?
Could I bump it up gradually until I see ill effects and adjust accordingly?

Thanks Again
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:41 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
So, are specifications out somewhere for all the dimensions on the master cp screws?
Im getting tired of stripping mine and as im getting my brushless parts tomorrow its about time.
Im primary looking for the specs of the blade grip, feathering shaft, rotor head, and main gear screws.

Titanium or at least high quality steel instead of the pathetically weak aluminium walkera is using would be nice. And torx instead of hex.
You can get the sizes from the exploded view chart and order them from various places in the material of choice.
The attached pdf was downloaded in Chinese and a font pack applied to translate it.
So if it does not come across translated your reader should popup a prompt to download and install a font pack.
I have never sent it to someone so please let us know if it comes translated.

You will see entries like "LS-PB1.4x5", that mean its a M1.4 diameter screw, that is 5mm long. Some are more direct. If it looks jumbled zoom to 100% and then zoom to your comfort level./

I posted a fastener question HERE and got some links and found a few of my own.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:23 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
... Could I bump it up gradually until I see ill effects and adjust accordingly?

Thanks Again
I don't really have a Master CP to tell you the exact answer.

Yes, basically it is what you've said.

Normally if we want maximum stability, we increase the gain untill it becomes unstable, for example the tail wags, then we turn down the gain a bit.

If we want minimum stability, we turn the gain down until it no longer holds and then we turn it up a bit...
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:56 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Going of to pickup my brushless parts in a little while.
Those of you that have already converted, where did you place the extra esc?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:54 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Thanks, Is the 75% you recommended a starting or testing point to get me going or is it a known best value for the Master CP?
Could I bump it up gradually until I see ill effects and adjust accordingly?

Thanks Again
I tested some different numbers with the gyro.
At about 80-75% it is in head hold mode (when you go to high with the number the tail begins to wag because of too much gain).
The more you go towards 50% (but remember, never go to 50% or below to fly) the behaviour changes and when it set mine to 52% it acts like a rate gyro. So you can have the heli behave in different manners, depending on how you set the number.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:15 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Going of to pickup my brushless parts in a little while.
Those of you that have already converted, where did you place the extra esc?
Under the rx
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:18 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Under the rx
Hrm, not going to fit there for me, as i have a couple of 1500mah zippy batteires i want to use.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
some mount the esc on Top of the Receiver
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:47 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Obviously not the final wiring. Lots of wires that needs to be shorter, or atleast bundled better.

As for how im going to hold dont the ecs im not sure, it might be to hot for regular electrical tape like im testing with, but id rather not use zip ties as it is pressing onto the gyro connectors.

Edit:

Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:25 PM
United States, NC, Whitsett
Joined Jun 2012
39 Posts
Here is where I placed mine. It works well and doesn't really throw off the CG, that I've noticed. This heli is really, really smooth now. And the battery tray is open to fit my compact Zippy batteries.

Chris
chrisnc is offline Find More Posts by chrisnc
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:29 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Nice, are you brush-less at the tail also? I think I remember the brush-less tail has not been smoothed out yet for the Master CP.
I remember reading to not place the converter on the RX but it looks like its OK by yours.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:35 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Where is RTF-HELI getting those red metal swash plates?