Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:56 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
I do quite like my Devo7e - it's quite cute
- but yeah, the low-power would be a problem on bigger models than the MasterCP
- at least if you plan to fly more than 100m away...
- plus the lack of switches could be annoying
(I have a proper Tx for my 450 ! )

Are there any notes for this, or videos?
- I might give this a try at some point....
Just speculation so far, noone has tested it. Check out the 7E development thread on deviationtx.com.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:46 AM
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
295 Posts
I have a dumb question. I thought the throttle hold was a safety feature to prevent you from hurting yourself. If that is the case, why does the swash plate drop way down when I turn throttle hold on? I'm guessing there's another use for it.
oldsneakers is online now Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:12 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
I have a dumb question. I thought the throttle hold was a safety feature to prevent you from hurting yourself. If that is the case, why does the swash plate drop way down when I turn throttle hold on? I'm guessing there's another use for it.
Dont forget the pitch curve on throttle hold. As it has a separate pitch curve compared to normal/st1/st2.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:50 AM
Joined Jul 2011
295 Posts
Thanks Xermalk. That was it. It was at +-100%. I'm still not sure why that feature is there though. Don't see where you would use it.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:44 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Xermalk. That was it. It was at +-100%. I'm still not sure why that feature is there though. Don't see where you would use it.
I'm starting to see a pattern here - Walkera introduces the throttle hold delay, but defaults the pitch curve to -100%, thereby insuring it's got a good second or two to hit the ground well before the rotor stops spinning

Cha-ching!
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:11 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,152 Posts
Quote:
You use it before you hit the ground in a crash....it turns off the motor so the head is no longer driven and sets the servos at center so they can move up and down some during the crash lessening the likelihood of breaking gears. You should train yourself to hit throttlehold everytime your going to crash before you hit the ground. It's also usefull for practicing autos.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:32 PM
Joined Jul 2011
295 Posts
Thank you candyman. This is my first heli that had the switch. I get it now.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:42 PM
pitch collector
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Jan 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
I'm starting to see a pattern here - Walkera introduces the throttle hold delay, but defaults the pitch curve to -100%, thereby insuring it's got a good second or two to hit the ground well before the rotor stops spinning

Cha-ching!
I noticed that too...
1.2 secs at full throttle with 100% negative pitch.
What could possibly go wrong?
LostTheTail is offline Find More Posts by LostTheTail
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:50 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTheTail View Post
I noticed that too...
1.2 secs at full throttle with 100% negative pitch.
What could possibly go wrong?
Indeed, Im alternating between a flat +15% and a full pitch curve on my throttle hold.

Anything to keep the heli in the air 1.2s extra .
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:02 PM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
312 Posts
400 and larger helicopters the pitch curve for throttle hold is there to set up auto rotation and unless you have just negative values or going to 0 throttle before you hit the throttle hold it should follow a linear pitch profile. Wonder if the master has the weight to auto rotate
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:17 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
What tx is everyone using with this heli ?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:05 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedan View Post
400 and larger helicopters the pitch curve for throttle hold is there to set up auto rotation and unless you have just negative values or going to 0 throttle before you hit the throttle hold it should follow a linear pitch profile. Wonder if the master has the weight to auto rotate
Not for more then a second or so. Disc load is simply to high on the master cp.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:28 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
I don't think the setting you see are intentional by Walkera to destroy your helis.
When you set up a new model, the pitch curves default to -100% at L and +100% at high. This is normal practice. On most heli builds, that is pretty close to where you want them and you limit pitch by travel. In these RTF helis they build, there is far more pitch capability the you need and 100% will likely cause bind. They have supplied pitch curves that beginners should use, usually between 50 and 60%.
In the case of the throttle hold, it is disabled when you get you heli and or TX. When you enable it, the default is the 100% you see. It is up the the user too set it up properly. it's just a case of learning the transmitter setup procedures and the heli requirements.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:45 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Indeed, Im alternating between a flat +15% and a full pitch curve on my throttle hold.

Anything to keep the heli in the air 1.2s extra .
For now, as I'm still in a learning phase and don't intend to do 3D (yet), I have the same pitch curves in normal mode and ST1 mode (don't need ST2 mode yet).
My pitch curve goes from -7 to +38 (linear), this gives me about -2.5 to +12 pitch.
And in throttle hold I have the same pitch curve, so when I hit the throttle hold button, there is no weird reaction during the (in)famous second it takes for the motor to stop (when hitting the throttle hold button, the throttle hold pitch curve is applied without delay)

Have nice flights and smooth landings.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:02 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
You need a driver on both sides and then pray one side breaks loose before either the head of one screw strips or just outright breaks off.
Walkera assembly folks either use no locktite or completely soak the screws in it.
I believe mine was soaked in the locktite. Went ahead and ordered a new feather shaft so I can drill out the stripped screws
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer