HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:38 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
@dank why is the 7e a toy
Beacuse of its plastick sticks, plastic gimballs, lack of switches, inferior antenna, smaller size and 7mW transmit power. The other devo transmitters have 150 mW power, ball bearing gimballs, metal sticks, and many more switches.

The 7E is simply a inferior transmitter to the other ones, well if you disregard the devo 4.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:13 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,129 Posts
I finally got my backordered metal gear servos from banggood today, surprisingly only took a week for delivery once they got them back in stock. I was expecting 2 to 3 weeks.
I notice they have a slight bit of play, enough that the end of the servo horn can move about 1mm back and forth but that's no more than what the stock plastic geared servos had so I guess it will be ok.

Time to get my mcp back in the air.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:19 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Do you think this heli with 7e and 2 lipo and charger for $235 shipped is alot ?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Last edited by ITS ME DAVID; Jan 29, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:36 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Do you think this heli with 7e and 2 lipo and charger for $235 shipped is alot ?
Avoid the 7e for the master cp, iv actually flown out of range. Go for a devo 7 or much better a 10.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
It's cheaper with a devo 7 but people said the menu system is difficult to navigate and also no devotion support
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:04 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,600 Posts
If you go for a Devo 7E you better be 100% sure your not going to fly anything larger then the Master CP. As the range will simply not be enough. You will have to buy another tx if you go for a bigger helicopter or a plane.

Well, unless your willing and good at soldering. Then you could likely unsolder the module inside the 7E and replace it with a devo 8s upgrade module (10$). This has not been tested with deviation though. You are still going to miss having 3 flight modes though, as the 7e only has 2.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
If you go for a Devo 7E you better be 100% sure your not going to fly anything larger then the Master CP. As the range will simply not be enough. You will have to buy another tx if you go for a bigger helicopter or a plane.
I do quite like my Devo7e - it's quite cute
- but yeah, the low-power would be a problem on bigger models than the MasterCP
- at least if you plan to fly more than 100m away...
- plus the lack of switches could be annoying
(I have a proper Tx for my 450 ! )

Quote:
Well, unless your willing and good at soldering. Then you could likely unsolder the module inside the 7E and replace it with a devo 8s upgrade module (10$). This has not been tested with deviation though. You are still going to miss having 3 flight modes though, as the 7e only has 2.
Are there any notes for this, or videos?
- I might give this a try at some point....
FlyingPhilUK is online now Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FlyingPhilUK; Jan 29, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:31 PM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
I finally got my backordered metal gear servos from banggood today, surprisingly only took a week for delivery once they got them back in stock. I was expecting 2 to 3 weeks.
I notice they have a slight bit of play, enough that the end of the servo horn can move about 1mm back and forth but that's no more than what the stock plastic geared servos had so I guess it will be ok.

Time to get my mcp back in the air.
My metal servos are working fine
- seem to survive crashes better than the plastic ones!
(thought I'd test their crash-survivability today!)
FlyingPhilUK is online now Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:06 PM
United States, NC, Whitsett
Joined Jun 2012
39 Posts
I completed my upgrades to the Master CP and thought I would post some pics for folks to see. I just need to zip tie the motor wires as I left them until I made sure I had the correct motor rotation, and it all worked well.

- Hitec 5055mg servos - easy to install, reversed with the programmer, and perfectly centered. No binding issues, no fuss.
- HobbyWing Pentium 30A ESC, programmed for very soft start, no issues programming, runs great. Power is split from this ESC to an XT60 for the flight pack and 3.5mm bullets to power the second (stock) ESC.
- Signal converter from Gordon at rchobbygear on E-bay. Great to deal with and the converter works great.
- Turnigy 2627-3800kv motor, also from Gordon.
- Duratrax DTXC 8363 14t pinion from Towerhobbies. 2.3 mm, .6 mod - fits perfect and is very smooth with the stock main gear.

Overall, this combination is work very well for me. I need to get out and really fly it, but it is very smooth and power is just great for me. I can fly for 6-7 minutes on my Zippy Compact 1000mah batteries and love it. Hope this helps a few people.

By the way, this exact same setup (with Fusonic MG servos instead of Hitecs) is also installed on my v400d02. The only difference is that I used the pinion available from Gordon and purchased it along with the second motor and the v400 signal converter.
chrisnc is offline Find More Posts by chrisnc
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:48 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
328 Posts
Is there some trick to removing the blade grips? I keep thinking I'm going to strip the top of the screw if I keep it up. I'm assuming you have to hold undo both screws at the same time?
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:09 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnc View Post
I completed my upgrades to the Master CP and thought I would post some pics for folks to see.
VERY NICE!

I would like some well lighted close ups and description of what you did to fit the Ele servo.

Thanks
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Found a master cp with devo 10 charger and lipo brand new for $250 shipped is that a good price ?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:38 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Found a master cp with devo 10 charger and lipo brand new for $250 shipped is that a good price ?
From a fast search I thinks that's better than getting them separate but I'm not buying so I'm not shopping hard as you.

I see HeliRCStore has that same deal if its not the same. He's in the US (NC) and is great for customer service.

G'luck
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:56 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
Is there some trick to removing the blade grips? I keep thinking I'm going to strip the top of the screw if I keep it up. I'm assuming you have to hold undo both screws at the same time?
You need a driver on both sides and then pray one side breaks loose before either the head of one screw strips or just outright breaks off.
Walkera assembly folks either use no locktite or completely soak the screws in it.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
From a fast search I thinks that's better than getting them separate but I'm not buying so I'm not shopping hard as you.

I see HeliRCStore has that same deal if its not the same. He's in the US (NC) and is great for customer service.

G'luck
Thanks but its oos and $20 for shipping brings it to $280 $30 more but I get you pay extra for great customer service and usually that's a plus