HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:24 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
Do you have any vids of master cp to post?

If so please do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I have about 20 flights on the stock brushed motor and it seems to have the same climbout power as it did when it was new. I do not fly a brushed motor back to back so I give it ample time to cool down. So far, it has shown to be reasonably durable since the last crash was full speed reverse inverted flight into the side of my house. Damage was a bent tail boom, fractured boom support connector, bent vert fin, cracked horiz fin and a stripped elevator servo. All shafts were still straight, blades survived and skids had a serious paint scuff mark but still in one piece. Not bad really given how bad the crash was. I bent the boom back, epoxied the support and fins and replaced the gear in the servo and the heli is flying just as it did prior to the crash.

I have also installed a BL motor conversion. This heli becomes a rocket using the TA 4200 kv 3s motor on stock pinion and 18A Gaui ESC. IMO, it is no longer a beginner's CP with the conversion. Its just too quick and a the flip/roll rates are aggressive to say the least. Anyway, the tail holds solid even with full pitch climbouts inverted or not. Pretty good for a brushed tail motor set-up.

IMO, I would rather keep this particular heli stock brushed for some relaxing mild 3D flight. Just my personal taste is all.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,248 Posts
My vendor agreed to change the heli rather than just the ESC and/or receiver. Although I was able to power up the receiver, I could not see any gyro compensation at all. I may be able to maiden it tomorrow but the weather forecast is not good.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:51 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,212 Posts
zadaw...
thanks for mentioning about the RC Magic Cube, it was the first I'd heard about it and it solves (I hope) a dilemma for me. The only thing that bothers me about it is the 10mW signal power limit, rather restricting but better than nothing I suppose.
So hopefully I can now order a BNF version, although there's even a marked price difference with that.from the various vendors as well as some are including a battery, some are not. Don't really care that much whether it comes with a battery, can easily get them from HK.
Fortunate that the vendor was kind enough to replace the whole thing for you, that doesn't usually happen in this hobby.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
I see that there is a lot of concern about the motor overheating, and I agree that giving the heli 10-15 minutes between flights to let the motor cool down is a great idea, and will help. My question is: Does anyone make a heatsink that will fit the motor on the Master CP to further help keep it cooler?
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:36 AM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
I see that there is a lot of concern about the motor overheating, and I agree that giving the heli 10-15 minutes between flights to let the motor cool down is a great idea, and will help. My question is: Does anyone make a heatsink that will fit the motor on the Master CP to further help keep it cooler?
Any 380 motor heatsink will do.
Darker colours work best like Black (absorption, etc).. Don't fall for silly colours (Blue, Gold, et al) that are merely for bling purposes.
They don't cool nearly as well.
To fit an heatsink on the motor, remove the Gold sticker, then bend back the metal shroud that was under the sticker and remove it.
Be sure to use heatsink compound for significantly better heat transfer.
Using an heatsink without compound is similar to having an ashtray on a motorbike.
I use Arctic Silver compound, but any old Silicon compound is OK.
Here is my Heatsink with attached fan.

Here is the eBay vendor I purchased from... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-380-Mot...item2559946385

Temperature reduction is from 128 Fahrenheit after 6 min flying, right down to 85F using the fan/sink... 50% reduction if my estimation serves me right.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Last edited by V999D02; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
zadaw...
thanks for mentioning about the RC Magic Cube, it was the first I'd heard about it and it solves (I hope) a dilemma for me. The only thing that bothers me about it is the 10mW signal power limit, rather restricting but better than nothing I suppose.
So hopefully I can now order a BNF version, although there's even a marked price difference with that.from the various vendors as well as some are including a battery, some are not. Don't really care that much whether it comes with a battery, can easily get them from HK.
Fortunate that the vendor was kind enough to replace the whole thing for you, that doesn't usually happen in this hobby.
I wouldn't worry that much about the 10mW output. It is good for up to 450 helis. However, I would also look at the small Devo 7E transmitter. I would have been disappointed if the problem was not sorted out. It may have been different if it involved much more expensive electronics. Anyway, I have got the replacement heli with me right now and hope to maiden it when there is a suitable slot with the weather.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:18 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Is the Devo 7E worth to purchase it? Currently using the Devo 7. It's a constant fight with the menu. The 7E seems a nice replacement but it seems rather small.
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:47 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
The 7E stick feel like a toy TX.

Devo 6 and up is better
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:52 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Is the Devo 7E worth to purchase it? Currently using the Devo 7. It's a constant fight with the menu. The 7E seems a nice replacement but it seems rather small.
The main advantage is that it is cheap and the menu is based on the Devo 10. Its small size is also good for travelling with smaller helis.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Thnx. I skip the 7E. I'll stick with the 7 than till I have more Walkera's. Already have Futaba and Spektrum transmitters so not yet ready to get another expensive TX.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:11 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,880 Posts
Why oh why couldnt walkera have released a 200 size version of the v120d02s. I like the price of this one but brushed, and a tailmotor is keeping me away from it. Ontop of the reused main motor and supposedly weak servos.

What other 200 size helis are out there?
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
There is a brushless 200 sized Walkera. It's called the V200D03
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Why oh why couldnt walkera have released a 200 size version of the v120d02s. I like the price of this one but brushed, and a tailmotor is keeping me away from it. Ontop of the reused main motor and supposedly weak servos.

What other 200 size helis are out there?
There is the V200D03 which is a 200 sized heli with brushless main motor and TT tail like the V120D02S. There is also an older but very unreliable 3 bladed 4F200 with belt-driven tail. However, that has some problems as well and use the same servos. The other cheap 200 sized is heli is the SkyArtec Wasp that does not have a good reputation for quality either. Then you got the Align Trex 250 and clones, Gaui 200-300 and the Blade 300X. It can get very expensive if you install a FBL system like the BeastX or Align 3GX. My Trex 250 with Align 3G costed over $600 which included fees for building and setting it up.

The main thing going for this heli is that it is very cheap. There is a lot of anticipation from vendors that this heli will sell very well. One of the reasons is that Walkera have not released anything bad since the Genius. Otherwise, there is no way I would have bought into the first batch. Having given sterling service over 500 flights, I am having lots of problems with my Trex 250 now. I am hoping that this heli will help me to get acquainted to flying 3D with a 250 sized heli.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,880 Posts
Hrm, think ill lie low for now then and keep flying my mini cp. Its just that the mini is so fast it quickly becomes tiny and hart to see its orientation/tilt. Might see if i can do something to create a "larger" paper canopy / extend&paint tail white.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
I have the Genius CP and for that reason I bought the V120D02S. Perfect heli. Flying it for a week now and enjoying is so much. The Master CP is just a present I gave myself