HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:36 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Well the super cp comes with the 7e and the master cp comes with the devo 7 what's the diff between the two tx's?
Better sticks on the 7, more buttons and ~4x longer radio range. Only benefit of the 7E is that it can run deviation. But the range and lack of switches makes that a questionable bonus.

If you intend to go up to larger helis later go directly for the devo 10. Or at minimum go for the 7.

edit:
Devo 7/10 150mW transmit power.
Devo 7e 7 mW (from certification documents)

Is anyone flying the Master cp with a blheli flased esc? ot will i be tje first one to try when i get my brushless parts in 1-2 weeks? supposedly blheli understands brushed signals directly so i might not need a converter for full throttle range.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Jan 29, 2013 at 04:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
The 7e is easier to setup, the 7 is much more better in quality and range. You can use the 7 also for biger helis up to the v500 if you want....
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:01 AM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
The 7e is easier to setup, the 7 is much more better in quality and range. You can use the 7 also for biger helis up to the v500 if you want....
Devo 7e also offers Telemetry, which the Devo 7 does not

Overall it's worth going for the Devo 10 if you plan to stick with Walkera for a while.
FlyingPhilUK is online now Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RJX-500 Update
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:02 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Yep, Devo10 is a very nice TX :-)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:16 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,000 Posts
Devo 10 + Deviation FW and you can basically fly anything you want. As it adds dsm2/x and flysky support.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:19 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Devo 10 + Deviation FW and you can basically fly anything you want. As it adds dsm2/x and flysky support.
Yes, but I still love my Devo7
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:21 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Thanks y'all.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:05 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Thanks y'all.
Yes Get the 10. The 7 gave me dyslexia. The Deviation firmware is very nice and a release is said to be coming with a better interface yet.

The 10 as is is very nice.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy735 View Post
5488fletcher
Registered Users

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a couple batteries thru it yesterday in the driveway at home and i finally got it to quite turning ccw . A program mix in transmitter between throttle and rudder does not work if your running in governor mode . You have to set mix between pitch and rudder once this was done than tail holds . You still cant go above 55 percent on gyro in transmitter are you will have bad tail wags . It tells you this in the instructions but i found out about it in a hover . Having to turn gain numbers down this far to stop the wags means that gains are also low on cylic .I will say this much if i had to do it over i would skip the brushless tail and look for a better quality brushed motor for the tail which is the next option if this brushless set up doesn't pan out .If weather permits i will get some real flights this weekend and report back on sunday .

Hi there, I saw your post above in the HeliFreak thread about the ebay controller. Be sure to take a closer look at the instructions; you're operating outside the design limits of the tail controller. Precision designed between 51 and 54 for the controller to sync with the tail gyro. 55 is too high and will be intermitant. Setting tail gyro in radio has no effect on aileron and elevator cyclic gyros which must be set on the dial of the receiver for the stability of choice based on experience.
Yea i tried it at increments between 51-54 with bad performance . I had it flying great in my driveway at 55 with a program mix between pitch and rudder . I tried it with mix between throttle and rudder but will not work right running in governor mode . What i found interesting is with main blades off and heli armed if i moved heli back and forth the tail motor was speratic . For me this tail kit is way to touchy to set up and having to use a program mix to stop it from slowly spinning to me is a problem . Others may have better luck with it but at thas point my heli is in pieces from spinning out of contol on take off into a big tree . Im going back to brushed tail but i may try it again at a latter time if i continue to loose a tail motor in a short time .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
One thing i would like to add about the tail kit is that it was put on a brand new master that was untested so it is possible that the problem i had may be with the walkera receiver unit signal to the tail control kit . Others results may be better than mine .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Yes Get the 10. The 7 gave me dyslexia. The Deviation firmware is very nice and a release is said to be coming with a better interface yet.

The 10 as is is very nice.
So expensive though lol
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:37 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,000 Posts
Quote:
So expensive though lol
Not realy compared to what you get.

A 10 channel futuba controller with Less features then a devo 10 + deviation costs 600$

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...futk9255m.html
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Good comparison
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:08 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,117 Posts
Devo 10 is fine radio. I use Devo 7 Tx and heard its faults etc. Mine is set up just fine and fly L/Birds v1/v2 / Genius c/p/ V200D01/ Master c/p/ Hoten-X/ Scorpion Y-6 and love the way it flys them all. My back up Devo 7 TX is set-up more advanced and just swithch when needed. I fly Blade/ Spectrum DX6i/ DX5e that are also fine. T9X also/ J6pro and find Devo 7 my favorite radio. I don't want toy Devo7e. Infact I have two Devo 7's plus Exceed Devo 7 and total of three.
I fly toy grade clones as crash dummies. Anyway Devo 7 serves me well and hundreds of flight on same radio and not one glitch.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:27 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
@dank why is the 7e a toy