HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:15 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I actually want it for outside not inside.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:38 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
My 1st Heli Setup ~ Master CP

Well I have been dialing in the MCP and learning the ways of the game.

Why am I already into it? I can thank Walkera for that.

They had the thing stroking pitch travel 100% both ways.
In the -100% pitch position it would never meet that goal because the ball linkage came down on the rotor head arms to the point of trying to pull the arms off or stripping the servo. See pic
In the +100% position it was over traveling to the point it maxed out before the servos did and I could see the servo arms flexing and hear them buzzing in protest.
The problem is I seen the over travel first and took care of that but before I could see the ball linkage arms trying to be pulled off I heard a "SNAP". After that I could almost see the swash was not level from across the room and the Ele arm was now pointed up in comparison to the others. I knew I was in trouble.

I already have servos coming and the arm could not be leveled out via jumping a cog so I did surgery on the servo and seen no signs of stripping. What I did see was a mechanism so cheap and flimsy it must have flexed and popped over one of the lower finer toothed gear cogs. I jumped it back over and reassembled. Then made sure it would not travel that far again.

Long story short I have the swash back in order with all three arms within .0015 of each other with a - 10% a +65% pitch setup.

I cannot believe it left the factory binding like that.
I checked and adjusted pitch with a very nice and useful RCLogger digital pitch gauge. Blade tracking is looking good too.

To sum it all up I cannot fly it thanks to Walkera again in their charger over cooked my battery and its puffed up like a balloon after its first charge. I contacted HeliRC Store and he told me the Walkera charger is famous for that suggesting an after market charger. I already have that but a day late. He is sending me a replacement in the event it was the battery or the charger he is taking care of the customer. Nice. I have a Turnigy Accucell 6 now. I have other batteries in rute also.

gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:58 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
What do you guys think of this battery?
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
What do you guys think of this battery?
Fits in and works fine, I use the same but with 45-90c rating, they are a little thicker
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:13 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Im trying to find the parts for a brushlesd master locally, but im having a hard time finding a governed esc.
Anyone mind listing a few common brands to help me in my search.

If i cant find one ill have to go with a turnigy plush 30A.

Edit seems the plush might have a gov.

Would any of these motors work well ?
http://translate.google.com/translat...FcPath%3D11_91

The 2 motors im primairly looking at is
Turnigy 2215H 3550kv (seems this one might be ~3200kv) and 2627 4200kv

Would these pinions work? http://www.rc-butiken.se/index.php?a...productId=4809
Their for 1/8 inch char motors. =3.175 mm.

First one is for 450 size and the other one seems it might be to much kv incase gov mode dosnt work properly.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Im trying to find the parts for a brushlesd master locally, but im having a hard time finding a governed esc.
Anyone mind listing a few common brands to help me in my search.

If i cant find one ill have to go with a turnigy plush 30A.

Edit seems the plush might have a gov.

Would any of these motors work well ?
http://translate.google.com/translat...FcPath%3D11_91

The 2 motors im primairly looking at is
Turnigy 2215H 3550kv (seems this one might be ~3200kv) and 2627 4200kv

First one is for 450 size and the other one seems it might be to much kv incase gov mode dosnt work well with a plush esc.
Im flying with the Turnigy 2627 4200KV motor with the delivered 13t pinion. Fits in perfekt and has a lot of power.
Turnigy AE-30A Brushless ESC is the ESC i am using with nice softstart and gov-mode.
Both components are nicely cheap
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:55 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Im flying with the Turnigy 2627 4200KV motor with the delivered 13t pinion. Fits in perfekt and has a lot of power.
Turnigy AE-30A Brushless ESC is the ESC i am using with nice softstart and gov-mode.
Both components are nicely cheap
Im scared of the 4200 kv with the stock pinion, considering how many walkera screws iv stripped/shatterd i wouldnt dare trust those puny 2mm head screws with a rpm of up to 5600

Even if i find a 11t pinion ill get headspeeds around 4800 rpm .

The 2215h should give me speeds between 4000 with a 13t to 5000 with a 15t.
Though, those pinions costs almost as much as the motor .
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Im scared of the 4200 kv with the stock pinion, considering how many walkera screws iv stripped/shatterd i wouldnt dare trust those puny 2mm head screws with a rpm of up to 5600

But in gov-mode u are usually not flying with a 100% Throttle-Line, 80% would be perfekt to give the esc headroom for the gov-mode.
I think in fact I am flying with about a little under 5000rpm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:44 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Noticed that the 2215 is almost twice the weight and recommends a 40a esc, so ill go for the 4200 kv and plush 30 A, if the stock pinion is to much ill pray that the 3.175mm 11T car ones fit.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Noticed that the 2215 is almost twice the weight and recommends a 40a esc, so ill go for the 4200 kv and plush 30 A, if the stock pinion is to much ill pray that the 3.175mm 11T car ones fit.
Sorry, but the motor has a 2mm shaft, that does not fit

But in this shop you can find several pinions:

http://www.crossdata-tools.de/nanohe...Modul-0-5.html
Last edited by addifromgermany; Jan 24, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:11 AM
pitch collector
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Jan 2013
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
As you say with 2 or 3 leds, the current drop would be much more, and the led become dimm.
And I prefer to have a bright LED as long as I fly.

Regards,
Roland
Actually, what I said was that you don't draw any higher current by using more LED's (connected in series).
You are of course right that it won't make a noticeable difference in flight time, just thought that you could use more LED's as it would not change the amount of power used.

Cheers,
Hugo
LostTheTail is offline Find More Posts by LostTheTail
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:28 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTheTail View Post
Actually, what I said was that you don't draw any higher current by using more LED's (connected in series).
You are of course right that it won't make a noticeable difference in flight time, just thought that you could use more LED's as it would not change the amount of power used.

Cheers,
Hugo
While I'm waiting for my parts to make the long boat ride, I probably should add an LED (or two or three) to aid in orientation. Is there a "Dummies Guide to Adding LED's to Your Master CP" around? Like a here's what you need & here's where you solder it, kind of thing.
mcmoyer is online now Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:35 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,717 Posts
I took a balance socket, the two outside wires, and soldered 3 LEDs in series (i.e. anode to cathode) I think I also have a 25mA SMD constant current diode soldered in there too but the heli is in the box in the basement so I can't check right now. I just left the wires long enough that I could place them anywhere. I used super fine (magnet) wire to keep the weight & flexibility to a minimum. Covered any exposed contacts in heatshrink/ShoeGoo.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:31 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Sorry, but the motor has a 2mm shaft, that does not fit

But in this shop you can find several pinions:

http://www.crossdata-tools.de/nanohe...Modul-0-5.html
Master cp uses mod 0.6, not 0.5. Or it works just fine with a mod .5 pinion?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:40 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Master cp uses mod 0.6, not 0.5. Or it works just fine with a mod .5 pinion?
I am not sure at the moment what mod the Master needs, I took the 13t pinion that was delivered with the Turnigy motor and this is working fine.