HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:40 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Odd. Let me quote TonyTypeS..

So yes motor gets warm. But it seems to have plenty of power.
What Tony said is consistent with what my vendor said as well. But it really depends on what you are comparing it with. He is not a micro heli flier and so I would not take his comments with a pinch of salt. He also said that the material looked cheap and was surprised that it was being sold for more than $80. He is used to flying high end stuff as Logos, Henseleit, Kasama, and Trex 600/700 owned by this clients. He is a video of him flying a Logo 400 that belongs to the owner of Helipal. Just look at the power of thing, especially those 3 consecutive loops at the beginning.

Logo 400SE Helicopter - F3C flight @ Hong Kong TKO (3 min 21 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 04, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:44 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
495 Posts
I'm still confident that if you let the motor cool down in between flights it should be ok. Lot of problems with brushed motors appear when people do several flights without pausing in between. But time will tell. What I said before. I never had brushed motors suddenly stop in flight. I notice a degration in power long before the motor dies. And if I notice this I replace the motors.
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:53 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
The problems of the V400D02 are well known and that ls why we have to take V999D02's comments seriously if the same motor is used. I have used the same 7-6-6 servos in other helis and they are pretty bad as well. The V400D02 is a cult heli which has a large and loyal following despite its problems.

The V400D02 never sold well in Hong Kong. Vendors usually did not carry spares because they were usually bought by tourists. For some reason, the Master CP is really selling well in China now. I wonder whether it is because Walkera is perceived to have improved its quality since the Genius CP.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:57 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Quote:
I'm still confident that if you let the motor cool down in between flights it should be ok. Lot of problems with brushed motors appear when people do several flights without pausing in between. But time will tell. What I said before. I never had brushed motors suddenly stop in flight. I notice a degration in power long before the motor dies. And if I notice this I replace the motors.
+1 on that.
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
I am really at boiling point right now. I got 4 batteries and found that the heli would not work when I plug it in. I am sure it is the ESC as I was able to power the receiver using a BEC for my 250. I suspect the ESC was damaged when I tried to plug in the battery with the erroneous banana connector.

The battery was a third party battery and so it has nothing to do with Walkera. I am just mad of all the helis that have been sold by my vendor, why must I be the only one with this dud battery? If you buy third party batteries, make sure you check everything is alright with the connector before you plug it in.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Mar 2011
495 Posts
Pfff, that's a case of real bad luck. Can you get a new ESC fast?
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Quote:
Pfff, that's a case of real bad luck. Can you get a new ESC fast?
I would think so, I don't really think this is my fault.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Mar 2011
495 Posts
I see you are in Hong Kong. Should have an ESC soon. In my case I would be grounded for 1-2 weeks.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:56 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
I have about 20 flights on the stock brushed motor and it seems to have the same climbout power as it did when it was new. I do not fly a brushed motor back to back so I give it ample time to cool down. So far, it has shown to be reasonably durable since the last crash was full speed reverse inverted flight into the side of my house. Damage was a bent tail boom, fractured boom support connector, bent vert fin, cracked horiz fin and a stripped elevator servo. All shafts were still straight, blades survived and skids had a serious paint scuff mark but still in one piece. Not bad really given how bad the crash was. I bent the boom back, epoxied the support and fins and replaced the gear in the servo and the heli is flying just as it did prior to the crash.

I have also installed a BL motor conversion. This heli becomes a rocket using the TA 4200 kv 3s motor on stock pinion and 18A Gaui ESC. IMO, it is no longer a beginner's CP with the conversion. Its just too quick and a the flip/roll rates are aggressive to say the least. Anyway, the tail holds solid even with full pitch climbouts inverted or not. Pretty good for a brushed tail motor set-up.

IMO, I would rather keep this particular heli stock brushed for some relaxing mild 3D flight. Just my personal taste is all.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:05 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I am really at boiling point right now. I got 4 batteries and found that the heli would not work when I plug it in. I am sure it is the ESC as I was able to power the receiver using a BEC for my 250. I suspect the ESC was damaged when I tried to plug in the battery with the erroneous banana connector.

The battery was a third party battery and so it has nothing to do with Walkera. I am just mad of all the helis that have been sold by my vendor, why must I be the only one with this dud battery? If you buy third party batteries, make sure you check everything is alright with the connector before you plug it in.
Actually, its kinda Walkeras fault, as they have decided to have their connectors reversed compared to whats usually used with those connectors. Its the same on the mini/gcp.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Jun 2008
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I have about 20 flights on the stock brushed motor and it seems to have the same climbout power as it did when it was new. I do not fly a brushed motor back to back so I give it ample time to cool down. So far, it has shown to be reasonably durable since the last crash was full speed reverse inverted flight into the side of my house. Damage was a bent tail boom, fractured boom support connector, bent vert fin, cracked horiz fin and a stripped elevator servo. All shafts were still straight, blades survived and skids had a serious paint scuff mark but still in one piece. Not bad really given how bad the crash was. I bent the boom back, epoxied the support and fins and replaced the gear in the servo and the heli is flying just as it did prior to the crash.

I have also installed a BL motor conversion. This heli becomes a rocket using the TA 4200 kv 3s motor on stock pinion and 18A Gaui ESC. IMO, it is no longer a beginner's CP with the conversion. Its just too quick and a the flip/roll rates are aggressive to say the least. Anyway, the tail holds solid even with full pitch climbouts inverted or not. Pretty good for a brushed tail motor set-up.

IMO, I would rather keep this particular heli stock brushed for some relaxing mild 3D flight. Just my personal taste is all.
Any chance of letting Manuel have a go ?
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Mar 2011
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Actually, its kinda Walkeras fault, as they have decided to have their connectors reversed compared to whats usually used with those connectors. Its the same on the mini/gcp.
Pffff, really need to doublecheck on my lipo's than when I get them. Expecting the Master CP from Helipal with Storm lipo's
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
It is very difficult to describe what happened, but it was not a simple case of reverse polarity. The factory just got it wrong with the connector. Walkera has been using the mini/gcp connectors for years. Since they are probably the largest user of these connectors. they have the right to dictate what is usual or not. It is the others such as NE who are not conforming.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:27 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
Any chance of letting Manuel have a go ?
I ordered a couple of more helis so I would have spares available before he takes a shot at her. I figure they should be here this week so that would open the door to some Manny test flights. This heli has no idea what she's in for then. LOL.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Mar 2011
495 Posts
We need more Youtube clips so go for it