SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:23 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
Discussion
switch guard for tx

switch guard to prevent accidental activation?
with so many switches all over the transmitters, it's easy to flip 1 inadvertently.
i was wondering if there is a way to install a guard to prevent this. or design the tx's in such a way that we can add them at will.
for instance, on full size airplanes that have an ejection seat, the switch that activates the ejection has a cover that has to be lifted, to avoid going away unexpectedly.
or perhaps an enterprising fellow can come out with an add-on that does not cost an arm and a leg?
i hope manufacturers see this and think about it.
and that they not only bring the expensive versions with them: all should have it.
it's safety-just safety.
i got a suggestion to google on ebay and found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLIP-UP-COVE...-/250800634875
and this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PCO-5568PT/
i already ordered some of the 1st. just got them.they measure 5/8x1-5/8". too big!
they are great, but too large for our tx's. we need something-if it exists-no larger than 3/8x1". will try to get others and see.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 12, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts