Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rat Brother 1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Cool
birthday present to myself

Blade 120SR my first helicopter.

Programed my DX7s per RCHELICOPTER.COM's Getting The Most Out Of Your Blade mSR/X & 120SR and motified/protected the tail rotor motor wiring with heat shrink tubing. I need to adjust the rotor blades a little more though.

And still struggling to get a smooth start into a hover.

Update 3 June: I need to get a bigger apartment or improve my flying skills. I've managed to get a hover and keep it fairly stable for 15-20 seconds before it gets away from me. On the plus side it's a tuff little bird that is still in one piece after bouncing off bar stools and table legs a few times.

Update 4 June: I have three 500mAh batteries, (1) E-flite 12C and (2) Tenergy 15C, and each time I change batteries I need to retrim. I'm told this is typical. I have managed to increase my hover time to 3-4 minutes so I am making progress.

Update 6 June: I seem to have it sorted out pretty well and can tail-in hover for a full 5 minutes. I think the new rotor blades helped.

Update 15 June: My apartment has gotten bigger. Yup. That must be it.
Rat Brother 1 is offline Find More Posts by Rat Brother 1
Last edited by Rat Brother 1; Jun 15, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts