Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:55 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Too bad.
Too many nut cases shooting too many people.
And too many citizens so afraid of guns that they don't understand that an armed citizen is more likely to be there than a cop when something bad happens.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:56 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debogus View Post
Pfft no argument just a observation
"Blown out of proportion by the loss prevention .= dead law abiding citizen".

Only other case even close was in LA where a Illegal alien was robbed and he falsely reported the perps as armed, one was killed pretty much on sight , and the Illegal is getting charged for the officer involved shootting.

Same should happen here to the loss prevention dude, as he overly stated the threat,directly resulting in this guys death.
Wasnt a school ,wasnt a federal building or any other restricted area ,even if he argued about their policy in a nasty manner,I seen nothing that he brandished or threatened with his lawfully carried firearm.
First of all the "brandished" thing was not related to this shooting as I think you may believe, it was part of my response to another poster about open carry. What is very clear is that weapons of any sort particularly guns are viewed by LE as a real potential threat no matter who you are or what permits you may have.
Libelle201B is online now Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:57 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
BS.

He was a citizen. Whether he was a ccw holder or not is not the topic at all.
It's quite hilarious to watch the dogged defence of the wannabe cop in that other case, set against the castigation of the wannabe cop in this one.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:57 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
First of all the "brandished" thing was not related to this shooting as I think you may believe, it was part of my response to another poster about open carry. What is very clear is that weapons of any sort particularly guns are viewed by LE as a real potential threat no matter who you are or what permits you may have.
LE should spend more time observing people.

It may be that way in FL where it isn't legal to open carry, but it isn't that way here.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:59 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
It's quite hilarious to watch the dogged defence of the wannabe cop in that other case, set against the castigation of the wannabe cop in this one.
???

That is odd. In the other case, we have a citizen who appears to have been attacked.

In this case, we have a citizen who appears to have been shot for no reason whatsoever.
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
Um, what? The inquest was an internal review. They reviewed their own.
And a national police organization did the honouring. You're not suggesting your law enforcement agencies have some kind of conspiracy against the concealed carry permit holders, are you?
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,492 Posts
Quote:
And too many citizens so afraid of guns that they don't understand that an armed citizen is more likely to be there than a cop when something bad happens.
Not convincing enough.
Too many nut cases out there shooting too many people.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:00 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
And a national police organization did the honouring. You're not suggesting your law enforcement agencies have some kind of conspiracy against the concealed carry permit holders, are you?
Huh?

I haven't even come close to that. Whether he had a permit or not is only relevant as showing that his concealment wasn't illegal.

In the article that mentions the honors, the same police organization honored a cop where the honoree was under investigation for possible civil rights violations directly related to the action he got 'honored' for.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/national-po...119926284.html
fair-use excerpt:
Quote:
The incident was not the only one the NAPO honored that sparked public outrage last year.

Pleasantville, N.Y., officer Aaron Hess, who shot and killed a 20-year-old college football player in a controversial incident in October, was one of several officers given the organization's highest award. That shooting is under Justice Department review for potential civil rights violations.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:02 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Not convincing enough.
Too many nut cases out there shooting too many people.
Get rid of nutcases then. Don't disarm the victims.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:03 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,492 Posts
Quote:
Get rid of nutcases then. Don't disarm the victims.
Then they should keep their weapon hidden, and was asked to leave, get the hell out.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:05 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Then they should keep their weapon hidden, and was asked to leave, get the hell out.
Hidden isn't the issue.

Leaving isn't the issue.

Hoplophobia is the issue.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:06 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
LE should spend more time observing people.

It may be that way in FL where it isn't legal to open carry, but it isn't that way here.
And I'm very glad for that, but I would still like a response from you on WHY you feel a need to open carry or concealed carry.
Libelle201B is online now Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,492 Posts
Quote:
Hidden isn't the issue.

Leaving isn't the issue.

Hoplophobia is the issue.
The first 2 are the issue.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:11 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
And I'm very glad for that, but I would still like a response from you on WHY you feel a need to open carry or concealed carry.
Once again, it isn't about need. I thought I made that clear.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
Huh?

I haven't even come close to that. Whether he had a permit or not is only relevant as showing that his concealment wasn't illegal.

In the article that mentions the honors, the same police organization honored a cop where the honoree was under investigation for possible civil rights violations directly related to the action he got 'honored' for.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/national-po...119926284.html
fair-use excerpt:
Strange you have an issue when a national police organization rewards a member for possibly violating a citizen's civil rights, but no problem when an armed neigbourhood watch captain does the same.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer