HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:11 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
who were cleared of any wrongdoings in a coroner's inquiry and were later honoured by a national police organization.
Sickening, isn't it. They gun down an innocent citizen, the department cleared themselves of wrongdoing, and cops around the nation cheered!

In addition, one of them was later brought up on charges for giving a firearm to someone who was not legally able to own one.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...indicted-gun-/

fair-use excerpt:

Quote:
Thomas Rosco Mendiola was relieved of duty without pay in January pending the outcome of an investigation after he allegedly gave a firearm to a convicted felon as a gift for working on his car.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that guaranteed right is neither carte blanche to keep and bear arms in any location, without exception, or a right to keep and bear any particular form of arms.

Just try carrying that handgun onto a passenger aircraft, without the appropriate permits and permissions.

Or bearing and keeping a personal thermonuclear weapon.
The document is very clear on the matter, it states no limitation. Adding limits to the rights is a "no-no" acording to the laws intent which is that we be equal to the standing army.

Having them on someone private property may vary... but in public places sorry pal I am looking for a tank.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:15 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
The document is very clear on the matter, it states no limitation. Adding limits to the rights is a "no-no" acording to the laws intent which is that we be equal to the standing army.
Well, like it or not, those limitations are very real.

If you don;t believe me, just try the two simple examples which I provided. Be sure to videotape the resultant incidents
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:16 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Well there is no Ammendment for food... you can go play with that.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:17 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
In recent history it is well documented that a single, armed individual can create lot's of death and destruction.
So? What makes a visibly armed citizen different than one who is not visibly armed?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:17 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,544 Posts
Quote:
Well there is no Ammendment for food... you can go play with that.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:18 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
IMO when a gun leaves the holster, that could be considered brandishing.
That would be incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
I don't trust anyone per say I don't know, ie a passer by, the person sitting next to me in a restaurant or airplane etc. I won't leave my wallet sitting on the table in a public place, I always take my keys out of the ignition when I'm not in my truck, I lock the door when I'm at a hotel......should I go on? Not all people are dishonest or crooks, but there are enough of them out there as almost 60 yrs of experience has shown me.
So, where does 'being armed' fit into your metrics to decide trustworthiness of unknown individuals?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:21 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
842 Posts
Quote:
It's this simple people...

1. The U.S. Constitution GUARANTEES Citizens the right to keep and bear arms. PERIOD.
2. ANY law that interferes with the Constitution is an abridgement and is in violation of a guaranteed right.
But what about state rights? They seem to all agree with gun ownership ie legal, yet they have their own laws for instance about carrying them.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:22 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Sickening, isn't it. They gun down an innocent citizen, the department cleared themselves of wrongdoing, and cops around the nation cheered!

In addition, one of them was later brought up on charges for giving a firearm to someone who was not legally able to own one.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...indicted-gun-/

fair-use excerpt:
Amazingly that individual wasn't honoured. Sad really considering he was just trying to extend someone his first amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:22 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
But what about state rights? They seem to all agree with gun ownership ie legal, yet they have their own laws for instance about carrying them.
States Rights should be secondary to personal rights. Remember, Rights are of the People, not of the States. The Right of the State is to supposedly be free FROM overcontrol by the Federal Government; and NOT 'free to restrict Rights of the People.'
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:23 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
Amazingly that individual wasn't honoured. Sad, really considering he was just trying to extend someone his first amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Not exactly. But, nice try.

I may agree or disagree with barring convicted felons from gun ownership, but that does not mean I would support unlawful activity. Right restoration is an area where I DO feel more needs to be done. Otherwise, if citizens cannot be restored 'whole' after serving sentence, why are they released from jail?

Now, had he attempted to gift that pistol to Eric Scott, instead of only the bullets.....
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:25 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
842 Posts
Quote:
That would be incorrect.

So, where does 'being armed' fit into your metrics to decide trustworthiness of unknown individuals?
Wasn't your question "whether they carry or not"?
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:27 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Read the 10th ammendment, in fact you should read the Federalist Papers so you can understand the document from the man that penned it. I have.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCWorks; Jun 03, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:31 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Wasn't your question "whether they carry or not"?
Correct. Earlier, you had indicated that it made a difference to you. Are you altering that now?

Quote:
In my lifetime I don't recall anyone but LE or security guards brandishing firearms in public places, so I don't think it's a "problem" when many citizens feel uncomfortable with people not in a position of authority such as LE walking around with exposed rifles or handguns.
This did seem to indicate that you would not trust an armed individual unless he/she was in a uniform.
Last edited by wrightme; Jun 03, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:33 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:

How is it thus possible to OWN one illegally?
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W