Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:38 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee View Post
Make up your mind.
It isn't my mind that is at odds with things.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:40 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Well ,he is a fool because his actions got him killed.
No, the overreactions of CostCo got him killed. His actions didn't have that as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
BTW What threat was present for the man to need a weapon? Its easy for you to understand the man needs self defence but you are reluctant to admit some people see HIM as the threat or have a right to be concerned. The store/police tried to eliminate and worry in a civil manner and the FOOL couldnt comply.
If a man awaits a threat to present itself, it is too late to get one.

Do you await a fire in your kitchen to go to the store for an extinguisher, or do you buy one without the threat of fire being directly evident?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:41 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
I'm wondering how many times a Costco ( or whatever) employee has approached a gun carrying customer, explained their policy, asked for him to leave and the customer politely says "Honey, I'll wait for you out in the car"?
Maybe it happens a lot.
Or, you are simply making that up for effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W
Then again that requires a rational reaction by the customer, something that is pretty difficult to expect from someone on big doses of pain meds.
Responding with 'no thank you, I will finish my shopping first if that is okay' is also appropriate.
There are other rational responses other than simply acquiescing to the request.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:48 PM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
No, the overreactions of CostCo got him killed. His actions didn't have that as a result.
If a man awaits a threat to present itself, it is too late to get one.

Do you await a fire in your kitchen to go to the store for an extinguisher, or do you buy one without the threat of fire being directly evident?
which is why he was called out first of all. Ask yourself this. Do you think I might be the kind of person to report a suspicious man with a firearm? Of course, I would.
I would like to hear your thoughts as to why someone found him as a concern.
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:55 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
which is why he was called out first of all. Ask yourself this. Do you think I might be the kind of person to report a suspicious man with a firearm? Of course, I would.
I would like to hear your thoughts as to why someone found him as a concern.
???

I am not the one claiming he is 'a concern.' You would need to ask someone like yourself.

I was in the local radio shack a few months ago, and there was a man open carrying. His gun didn't jump out of the holster and menace anyone. He was shopping with a woman who I assume was his wife or gf; very much like Erik Scott was doing.

No one called in a MWAG, the employees didn't act concerned or treat him/them as different from the other customers in the store; who didn't go running out screaming for some reason.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:11 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,704 Posts
Quote:
???

I am not the one claiming he is 'a concern.' You would need to ask someone like yourself.

I was in the local radio shack a few months ago, and there was a man open carrying. His gun didn't jump out of the holster and menace anyone. He was shopping with a woman who I assume was his wife or gf; very much like Erik Scott was doing.

No one called in a MWAG, the employees didn't act concerned or treat him/them as different from the other customers in the store; who didn't go running out screaming for some reason.
I would have confronted him.... and ask him why he needed to carry a phallic symbol on his waist exposed to everyone.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:18 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
I would have confronted him.... and ask him why he needed to carry a phallic symbol on his waist exposed to everyone.
Why? To 'prove' you are somehow better than he because you aren't carrying a firearm?

Why confront him at all? Why not simply leave him alone?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:25 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,704 Posts
Quote:
Why? To 'prove' you are somehow better than he because you aren't carrying a firearm?

Why confront him at all? Why not simply leave him alone?
Because he's got no business carrying a gun.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:27 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Because he's got no business carrying a gun.
How so? Why would it take 'business' for a citizen to carry a firearm, which is lawful activity? Who are YOU to judge what is 'his business' or not?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:30 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,704 Posts
Quote:
How so? Why would it take 'business' for a citizen to carry a firearm, which is lawful activity? Who are YOU to judge what is 'his business' or not?
I am a citizen that's who.... He is a threat.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:30 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,735 Posts
Hey Kenny, are we having fun yet?
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:32 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Hey Kenny, are we having fun yet?
Always.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:48 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
I am a citizen that's who.... He is a threat.
Um, how is he a threat again? HE is also a citizen. He is shopping, as you are. In this case, he was shopping, as I was. How is he a threat?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:50 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,704 Posts
Quote:
Um, how is he a threat again? HE is also a citizen. He is shopping, as you are. In this case, he was shopping, as I was. How is he a threat?
He has an exposed gun and no badge.... that makes him a threat.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:51 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
He has an exposed gun and no badge.... that makes him a threat.
How does that make him a threat? He is simply a citizen. Why does the fact of him being armed make him a threat? What does it matter if he has a badge or not?

To determine threat, look at the person, not the firearm. The person who is more likely to be a true threat isn't likely to be noticeable armed.

It seems that either you are simply having sport, or you are showing evidence of hoplophobia.