HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
V911 mechanical trim?

Hello all
HELP !
I just got this chopper and simply cannot get to hover in the living room. I have cranked in lots of trim from the Remote Control and she still gets all squirrely - lurching forward after lift off, or veering off to the left or right. Is this typical out of the box/

guess i need to do mechanical trim. Once I undo the servo horn, then rotor flip flops , so how do i know what's level? what is the technique? Same question for shorten / lengthen the linkage?

I really want to get this to work any comments appreciated !

Many thanks
Dearing
dearing is offline Find More Posts by dearing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:07 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Move the connections on the swash to the inner holes.
The top right button the TX changes between high rates and low rates ( press the button and move the rudder and see how much it moves on the display press the button again until you only see 3 lines ).

sometimes a quick punch of the throttle to get into the air is best.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, IA, Clear Lake
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
That quick punch gets it out of ground effect. I do that outside.
I don't have a top right button on my V911 Tx.
HMike
Hemlock Mike is offline Find More Posts by Hemlock Mike
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Top left button for hi low rates.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:50 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1542968

Try launching it from hand?
I usually grab the canopy from behind, angle it very slightly forward, give it 'hoovering throttle' (you'll learn this quickly enough), and let go. 9/10 this works perfectly, making it hoover (more or less, you know how they are, lol) a meter in front of me.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Top left button for hi low rates.
correct lol sorry.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:16 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,108 Posts
If the heli is banking right, you can mechanically trim it to left. But you wrote that it was banking left and right... I don't think trim helps here. Sounds like your heli is unstable. Check the linkages, make sure they are in the right place. There are 3 "pins" / "poles" that must be inserted into the "slots". Hope you get what I mean...

A video of the issue would be useful for troubleshooting.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
I'd recommend taking the servo arms off, turning on the heli with it on a flat surface and let the gyroscope initiate, and then try and reattach the servo arms as parallel to the surface the heli is sitting on as possible.
GrandpappyToke is offline Find More Posts by GrandpappyToke
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpappyToke View Post
I'd recommend taking the servo arms off, turning on the heli with it on a flat surface and let the gyroscope initiate, and then try and reattach the servo arms as parallel to the surface the heli is sitting on as possible.
Thanks GrandpappyToke. I tried a number of things to attempt to correct my toilet bowl effect with my V911. Nothing worked until I tried your recommendation above. I couldn't really see anything move or change nor can I say I really understand how this may have helped but my TBE is gone and its flying like new again. I had figured after 30+ flights, a tail motor and fly bar repair, and likely 100+ crashes that my first V911 had just about had it. Guess I could be good for another 100 crashes or so.
Tek34 is offline Find More Posts by Tek34