Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts
Cool
***NAN Tracer "Ludicrous Loop Hand Catch Landing added"

This is one of my favorite acro slope planes, and is certainly one of the best all around great deals in the world of Sailplane modeling. In this price range I have not found a better one. With huge control surfaces on the wings and V-Tail it has surprising low/post stall speed control. It also thermals well with it's lifty airfoil. Very accurate for landings with the huge flaps. Check out the video of one of my first flights with it. Maybe I can get some good landing and launch shots too. I got to get this collar bone healed STAT! Here's some info and video on the plane.

Phil Davy "Ludicrous Loop Landing" at Torrey Pines flying the NAN Tracer (0 min 26 sec)

Video
Phil Davy Flying the NAN Tracer at Torrey Pines (1 min 30 sec)

They can be purchased from www.SoaringUSA.com or

http://www.soaringusa.com/Tracer-F3B-F.html

I do not get crazy discounts to do this, I just love this Sailplane.

Check out a little teaser! Off to Torrey now!

Phil
Phil Davy is offline Find More Posts by Phil Davy
Last edited by Phil Davy; Jun 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts
Man I need to fly!

I just need to fly right now! Been down with this shoulder injury. I went down to Torrey but it turned south so no go on that! I added a few more comments. I'lll try to load the Maiden of # 2 last week.

Phil
Phil Davy is offline Find More Posts by Phil Davy
Last edited by Phil Davy; Jun 01, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:55 PM
Let's find some thermals!
United States, OR, Silverton
Joined Nov 2008
890 Posts
+1 on this being a great model.

Jack of all trades master of none, would be a good caption for this plane.

Using lead or tungsten would get this model to fighting f3f weight, I used steel that would get model to 99oz's too light on those big air days. At 99oz ran a 39xx at torrey so its no slouch. Dry auw on mine was 78oz which let it launch and thermal great of the bungee.

Sam
seaspb is online now Find More Posts by seaspb