HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by FlyJumper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:26 PM
San diego, Ca.
Joined Jun 2006
1,436 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
For Sale
Huge Scratchbuild 90mm F-4 Phantom (Not complete- close)

I'm selling one of my longest scratchbuilds today because I'm getting out of the hobby for the time being and need to clear out space in the garage. I have a build-log of this jet here, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1245099 . This is a fiberglass (foam core) F-4E Phantom 90mm... It's not complete yet but it's very close. All it needs is a hefty servo for the elevator(s), a 90mm fan system and some sort of ducting along with some other minor things (canopy, battery tray, etc...). It has pneumatic retracts installed in it already (working) and most moving functions are set up (ailerons, rudder)...only the elevator needs some working on which should be very simple.

Let me be clear in that this by no means looks like an expert built this, infact it was me and my pops in the garage building this bird so it's not completely perfect by any means. And it has some wear on it from sitting around in the garage for the past year or so, but nothing that should affect its flying capabilities. I'm looking to sell this to someone with some sort of rc plane/jet building experience since there's still some work needed on this before its ready to fly. I cannot guarantee that this will fly, but keep in mind I have built several successful scratch builds (including jets) in my time.

The total weight of this jet should come out around 3-4 lbs so keep in mind this is a big bird.

This is really tough for me to let go because of all the work I put into it. And to put a price on something that you put so much work into is really difficult, but to be fair I'm looking to get around $200 or any decent offer.

I'm located in SOCAL and I don't plan on shipping this out because of the size of it.
Pm me with questions or to arrange a time to take a look at it.
FlyJumper is offline Find More Posts by FlyJumper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:29 AM
United States, NY, Putnam
Joined Jul 2007
95 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
looks cool - good luck with it!
morgusmax is online now Find More Posts by morgusmax