HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:52 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
What do you locals think about RV's there? I would guess Dave would be the best opinion on that one though.

If we shut down that road we could park @ a 90 degree to the road and pack people in just fine and let the RV's set up with 1st priority. It might even work out that there would be a fresh cut area on that field by then where its just dirt and you could go anywhere you wanted.

I think the lift is always marginally better on that field and if we do get a breeze off the lake it will be WAY better! I dont care what people say about water and thermals forming over water, that West field is death with a lake breeze.

The East fields also take the Swamp thing mostly out of play and the land out areas are friendlier in almost all directions.
===============================================

Jon, if you can block the road off for two days on the East field, that would be waaaay better! The danger of extremenly close truck traffic, super early morning sod operations (2:00 am), and heavy heavy dust is a worry for me (and tent campers). If Trevor is harvesting on the East field during a contest, that will be a tough nut and could be significant distraction too. Had you been there last Friday morning at the West field, you would know what I mean.
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:58 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,924 Posts
Whatever field we use, rest assured that the sod farm will make our lives pleasant as pie.

For the last BSolOUT they had told me they would just shut down the farm and haul sod out of there Richfield farm so we would not be bothered. And he was serious!!!!! Richfield is a LONG ways from Orem!!!!!

So dont worry a bit about camping onsite, other than doing battle with the bugs, but hey, you cant have everything!!

And yes, its a full on farm and they work all the time there. Never work for a sod farm since your day can start @ 1:00 AM.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:23 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,643 Posts
Why not Blue Skies over California? At the Cal challenge would be great.
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:28 PM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,166 Posts
Or Grey Skies Over Seattle !
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:40 AM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
Why not Blue Skies over California? At the Cal challenge would be great.
A proposal was made to have a Blue Skies Over California contest............the idea fizzled.
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Jan 2008
4,416 Posts
There was a Blue Skies of Texas, but apparently some dread disease did away with all the DLG guys there.

But back to California: a very spectacular setting might be along the Central Coast, near San Luis Obispo or Solvang. Lots for the family to see and do, very nice wine country. In that area, the sunny months are November and December. There is a lot of RC soaring in that area, and Cal Poly is a serious school for aeronautical engineering. Did I mention the wine? And the Santa Maria barbeque?

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:08 PM
patagonia,az
Joined Oct 2002
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang View Post
There was a Blue Skies of Texas, but apparently some dread disease did away with all the DLG guys there.

But back to California: a very spectacular setting might be along the Central Coast, near San Luis Obispo or Solvang.

Yours, Greg

my vote goes for somewhere a bit closer to "home", how about just across the river from Yuma, that's still CA

Philip
pocket rocket is offline Find More Posts by pocket rocket
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:24 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,574 Posts
Sounds interesting: BSOCAL, hosted by Utah DLG!?
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:59 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,015 Posts
Right, thanks AD. Why are we discussing the possibility of BSOCAL here in this thread? If somebody wants one in CA then somebody from there needs step up and propose it (and start a new thread for it). TX is kind of out of our region, too far away for most of us, and there is little current interest there anyway. The 4-corners area just works well for the BS series. Maybe NV could step up someday. Maybe the northwestern states could start a series someday (OR, WA, ID, WY, MT).

But this is the BSOUT thread...
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined May 2002
16,924 Posts
What do you guys think of all the scuttlebutt on the TS yahoo threads?

Thread drift just for the sake of it.......
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:56 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,206 Posts
Many logical points being discussed.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:15 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,606 Posts
I think Colorado needs another 2 day contest... May(ish) in Durango/Cortez area of the state (ok, maybe NM could do it too in Shiprock/Farmington area).
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:26 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,206 Posts
I was thinking Wamsutter would be a nice in between town to hold a contest.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:58 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
2,998 Posts
Bump

Will you guys have a traveling trophy this year? If so, how big is it? I'm building a display case.
gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Is this guy double jointed?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined May 2002
16,924 Posts
Your trophy will fit in a thimble. No need to build.

But I am pretty sure there will be a crown for the big wiener.