HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix Flight Simulator Version 4

I have the Phoenix Flight Sumulator Version 4 and a 2 month old HP computer running Windows 7. I am using DirectX 11.0. I used the onboard video card when I loaded it and the graphics were good, but then I bought a video card with more memory, but the graphics didn't improve. All the settings for the graphics are at high or very high, so what is it that I need to adjust to make the graphics better.
laynei is offline Find More Posts by laynei
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Maybe your CPU is a bottleneck.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Sep 2008
149 Posts
Post your system specs and people can help guide you to necessary upgrades if you are looking to upgrade. When getting into dedicated graphics cards as a newbie, it is easy to think you are getting the card you need because it matches the recommended specs on the software. However, the software never/rarely states how fast the video card RAM needs to be and the speed at which the card can transfer data to the motherboard. This is what got me when I first got a dedicated video card.
mwilson914 is offline Find More Posts by mwilson914
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
On the graphics sceen, Phoenix allows me to setup every setting to high or the highest, so I am a little confused as to why it doesn't look like one I saw in a store. I called the support number, but they just gave me simple support help. With something like the graphics being so important to their sells, you would think they would know more about it. I will most my settings tonight or tomorrow. Thanks so very much for the help.
laynei is offline Find More Posts by laynei
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
How should it look according to you? PhoenicRC is not about great graphics. They want to run it on a wide range of systems, not only high-end systems. Sims like Aerofly or Realflight focus more on graphics detail.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Last edited by Puzom; Jun 01, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined May 2009
19 Posts
Not trying to be a SA, but simply put, just from the lack of info in you question, I know there is no way (without writing a book) to explain the answer to you.
"I can teach it to you, but I can not understand it for you."
Sorry..:}
arayhorton is offline Find More Posts by arayhorton