HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2012, 08:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Leominster
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
Discussion
first attempt at ap gopro with landscape lens

Hi,
I've managed a few flights with radian after my initial lesson with Adam. I don't think I'm a natural had lots of bad landings and the odd crash but I thought I may as well fit the gopro and try and get used to flying with it as thats the result I'm after. This isn't perfect by a long way but its got some nice footage of my house and the beautiful mid wales landscape..
The prop shouldn't be turning of course but I must have touched that trim/throttle button so it doesn't quite stop. I can lose that ring around the view by change to medium instead of wide view but then I lose the 60fps like I say its work in progress and probably only flight no.8 ?
alex

Film : My nature reserve in Wales filmed with radian glider HD.By Alex Sally (1 min 58 sec)
alexsally is offline Find More Posts by alexsally
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:24 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,905 Posts
Pretty good to go from zero to flight 8 with a GoPro aboard !

You must be from the PlayStation generation

Next time we meet I'll introduce you to ailerons!

Adam
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:04 PM
what goes up must be good
Joined Feb 2009
61 Posts
nice work! glad to see you are sticking with this.

perhaps after some more practise you could start experimenting with downward looking views and other views. Maybe also try to position the camera so the plane isn't in shot.
onelastflight is offline Find More Posts by onelastflight
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
Thanks,
I've certainly got a way to go and am still learning to fly and get on with the cam. Initially I actually chose to have the cockpit in view with the video name on the cockpit. I just quite like the effect..for now
I will be experimenting with other views but I quite like the way it gives perspective and a sense of movement. I will play with view though. I want to go medium view on the gopro but then I lose the 60fps and the smooth slow mo.
still practising..
al
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:28 PM
USA, TX, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2004
1,365 Posts
Nice work Alex! Beautiful countryside, also! I like your thoughts on perspective and look forward to the "next chapter"!

Larry
txflyboys2 is offline Find More Posts by txflyboys2
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:21 AM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,440 Posts
Congratulations Alex, a very nicely put together video!
Such smooth flying after so very little stick time! You are coming along very well.
Looking forward to seeing more from you in the near future.

Cheers

Gray
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
thanks THe gopro changes the way she flies altogether.. I think its a smidge forward of the cog so needs adjusting...It seems very tricky getting the camera placement right. Will get better though
alex