HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
Building toys since 1941
Extreme southeast Kansas
Joined Aug 2007
126 Posts
Discussion
Albatros Micro EP Tx-R binding

I just bought a new Albatros Micro EP Tx-R.with the adapter to use with any transmitter. My transmitter is a Spektrum DX7 which is a direct plug in. It appears that I now have to bind the planes receiver to the transmitter. The instructions say to "push the bind button". I would prefer to not cut the new plane open. I am thinking that if I knew where the bind button was on the receiver I could cut a small hole in the fuselage and reach in with a small rod and hold the button down while binding it. A picture of the receiver board would be great or even a description of where the bind button is located on the board. Thanks....
Keithhs is offline Find More Posts by Keithhs
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
639 Posts
The reference to a 'bind button' is for separate Tactic receivers. When you use the AnyLInk with the Albatros, it automatically binds to the receiver in the Albatros.

Since you're using a Spektrum transmitter, you'll have to 'remap' the AnyLink so the channel assignments match. Page 5 of the manual explains how to do this.

After you've done that, select the model memory you want to use, then turn your transmitter OFF. Next plug the AnyLink into the trainer port, and then into the transmitter's charger socket. The transmitter will activate, the AnyLInk's light will come on, and it should beep twice. Plug the battery into the plane and you should be good to go.

Remember that on the current FlyZone micro planes, you have to 'arm' the speed control before the throttle will respond. You do this by pushing the throttle stick full up until the plane 'beeps' then full down and it will beep again.

Also, the rudder will be on the left stick as it is for 4-channel planes. If you want to change the rudder over to the right stick (where it is on most 3-channel planes), this page will tell you how to do it.

Hope that helps!

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Last edited by Digital Don; May 30, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:05 PM
Building toys since 1941
Extreme southeast Kansas
Joined Aug 2007
126 Posts
Thank you very much for that concise and easy to understand explanation...
Old May 31, 2012, 01:27 AM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
639 Posts
You're welcome. Have fun with the new bird!

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old May 31, 2012, 04:34 PM
Building toys since 1941
Extreme southeast Kansas
Joined Aug 2007
126 Posts
Worked perfect...Thanks again, Don...