Old May 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by goldcoastperson
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Help!
School project desperate for rc contsruction help!!

Hey for a school project my guiding question is how can i design a plane that flies effectively. The only problem is i dont know how to. I bought a plane that i can take the electronics from. But i have to build a body!!! how do i make sure the plane flies, it has to. And how do u build a body? I bought some balsa wood but its so soft and breakable. I need a material that can last. Also how do u cover the plane. Are there any things not to do. Please tell me how i can go about this succesffully really need help and create a rc plane that really flies. Please help also how do u build wings im so clueless.
goldcoastperson is offline Find More Posts by goldcoastperson
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by whitecrest
Frequent Flyer
Orleans, MA
Joined Feb 2007
2,248 Posts
This is a fairly tall order. What is your time horizon?

Here's a good site for general building information:
http://www.airfieldmodels.com/

Note in particular "Model Airplane Math and Design Theory"
whitecrest is offline Find More Posts by whitecrest
Old May 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by Piece
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Aug 2009
13,497 Posts
Go foam.

Check out the Scratchbuilt Foamies section here. They'll get you pointed the right direction.
Piece is offline Find More Posts by Piece
Old May 31, 2012, 07:52 AM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
19,864 Posts
A scratchbuuilt foamie trainer would be the best choice for this I think. That would be something like the Blu Baby 33. This thread has a detailed build description for a that plane (or you can just cut the parts from the BB 33 plans):

Blu-Baby 33 Classic (Monoblockless) Kit, Plans, and Build Guide - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1541228

The BB 33 plans and thread are here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681556

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes