Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Discussion
Newbie gets Nine Eagles solo pro 100 some questions

Hi all,
This is my first collective pitch heli and I have been learning recently on a Blade Mqx quad which is very stable and I am progressing nicely. I decided to forge ahead as I am an impatient guy and thought I would at least try to hover with a CP, so I purchased a NE solo pro 100D.
Well, I charge the battery and turn on the transmitter and set the little NE solo pro 100 heli down on the floor like I have done hundreds of times with my Xieda 9958. I give it a little throttle and the thing spins around twice and then locks in place. This seems weird, but I'm thinking maybe that's the way it is. I spool it up and slowly check rudder left/right and then move the collective stick around and then center it. Everything seem ok. I continue to throttle up and this thing shoots off to the left before I have even gotten 1 inch off the ground. Am I missing something? Am I in way over my head or is there something wrong with this thing. I think the only way I will be able to get this thing off the ground is to be able to change some of the curves in the programmable TX, but I am basically clueless regarding this, and the book is not much help. I am using the DR switch which indicates a half bubble so I assume I am in the beginner factory mode.
Please help--my inclination is just to sell this thing before I destroy it, but knowing me, I will probably fire it up right after this post because I have little patience.
jig55 is offline Find More Posts by jig55
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2006
788 Posts
there is no beginner mode. search the big sp 100 thread for phils settings. that will help a lot.

fbl helis don't like to loiter on the ground. you need to get it in the air asap for the gyro to stabilize the heli.
derelicte is online now Find More Posts by derelicte
Old May 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,732 Posts
This is not a toy helicopter like your 9958. Since it is just out-of-the-box, you should really verify the transmitter configurations to see if it make sense. Of course, you need to know what each configuration means before you know if the pre-configured settings are correct.

Warning: wrong settings will speed up the process of you killing your helicopter. Even when flown by an experienced flyer, wrong settings can cause unexpected movements that cause crashes. And you're a newbie... Oh my. Repairs are more expensive than 9958. It is more fragile too and it can hurt you and your furniture in ways you might not expect.

Seriously, spend some time reading the loooong thread before you hurt anything.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old May 31, 2012, 11:14 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,815 Posts
S/p 100d

You will pay for being impatient. This is way more heli then a 9958. I have both and the S./P in for much later. A quad or 9958 is fine, but read everything you can. If not enjoy your S/P 100D as it may not be in good shape very long. I would just hold off awhile and fly your 9958. Maybe get some help as there are many who fly mico's. Best luck just chill a little.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04