HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:02 PM
Joined Mar 2004
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterDave060 View Post
I have both DJI and RCTimer S800 in front of me now. I am building 2 clones and rebuilding my DJI original at the same time to update my LED nav lights and other stuff I wanted to do for a while. The RCTImer clone and the DJI original are made n the same factory. there is NO disceranable difference between products. well mayeb there is , the bloody price ! apart from that, they are the same. Rather than BS us about the clones factory, why not just DJI lower prices and destroy the clone business plan?> I have nothing against DJI original apart from the obviuos massive design flaws everyone knows about like the arms which of course being the same thing the clone has as well but with reinforcement the clone and original work very well. just drop the prices of original s800 to 1200 USD and clone market goes "poof" until then people are simply going to vote with wallet. thats what capiatism is all about. DJI has long way to go on the pricing front and the customer service front. IF they learn quick they will be all dominant, if they keep along the same path as they are on now, they will get eaten. the new gimbals are going to be out in weeks, lets see if they do the smart thing with zenmuse for gopro or the dumb thing and price it way to high, my bets are they are going to price it about 3 times higher than people are abel to get same performance from new Alex based gimbals. If they do this they are going to have a big wake up call. Once video is released of the clone s800 more and more people will order it as the original is just too expensivce for what you get, especially when DJI has ignored the massive design flaw in arms and stayed silent. S800 is better than my girlfriends ramapant rabbit at making vibrations. in its current form I suggest DJI diversifies into the sex shop industry.
I like you, have both setting on the bench in front of me. My clone just came in yesterday. The clone is a Xerox copy, with that said the only thing I can see different is it has three red LED lights and three green LED lights. The DJI S800 has FOUR red and TWO green LED lights.. Also the clone has 350KV motors compared to DJI with 320KV motors. This clone is the latest version and arms are very stiff.Hardly any flex to them. I did install carbon fiber sleeves on my DJI but I think I will test fly the clone and then decide if I will install the CF sleeves. IMHO
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Last edited by Go4it; Feb 06, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
After reading this thread and the DJI s800 thread I decided to go with the clone version to carry a Zenmuse and run a WKM. To be honest it wasn't just the price for me - i had offers of secondhand (low use) DJI S800's for around the same as I paid for the clone S800 with the case included. In the end I decided to go with the clone because the speed controllers seem like they perform better.

I figured with both the original S800 and the cloned version that I will have to reinforce the arms, and also beef up the cables in them so from that point of view they are the same. I was almost swayed to buy an S800 out of loyalty to DJI (I have had 2x F450s, an F550 and 4x DJI Naza's) but in the end am still spending almost 5k on the Zenmuse, WKM, OSD and Tx/RX that i am being loyal enough!!
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:37 PM
Joined Mar 2004
1,130 Posts
For spare props on the S800
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newse...681707272.html

Order 3 sets = $25 a pair shipped
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:16 PM
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
Joined Oct 2004
507 Posts
I hav
gjhinshaw is offline Find More Posts by gjhinshaw
Last edited by gjhinshaw; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:01 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Does this mean I can have my led replace too ? I love to have my led orientation too 3green 3red doesn't help much
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:28 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Do you mean they can't even clone a simple LED light? That's funny.
And, people here are saying it is DJI OEM ... this is a joke.
RCTimer Frank should stay here and forget about CNY.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:36 PM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
For spare props on the S800
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newse...681707272.html

Order 3 sets = $25 a pair shipped
RCTimber have it 2set/pairs for $35 and free shipping.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:39 PM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
i dont think the forgot to clone the LED

i believed that their LED is for green is for CCW and RED is CW but we need the led for orientation better than to tell the different in which arm turn which direction
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Mar 2004
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
RCTimber have it 2set/pairs for $35 and free shipping.

Yes that is correct I purchased those when I purchased the S800, but the pitch is different
RCT is 6.5 pitch the other ones are 5.5 pitch

Watch what happens to the amps on a loaded hexa, max out, and one that is not carrying a camera and gimbal mount.

Hint: keep the RPM up and it will fly a lot better. That is one reason I like the 350KV motor VS 320KV DJI motors
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:43 AM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Yes that is correct I purchased those when I purchased the S800, but the pitch is different
RCT is 6.5 pitch the other ones are 5.5 pitch
yes but the stock Props from RCT-S800 are 6.5. order 4 extra set of these props they are 5.5 but it will not fit in the case due to it wider

Quote:
Watch what happens to the amps on a loaded hexa, max out, and one that is not carrying a camera and gimbal mount.

Hint: keep the RPM up and it will fly a lot better. That is one reason I like the 350KV motor VS 320KV DJI motors
Explain a little more on this please. From what i understand the more bend of the props. the motor have to work harder right because more thurst.

explain your Hint please. you mean allow the motor to spin more by having the props that doesnt bend as much ( low pitch) is that right?

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:19 AM
Joined Mar 2004
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
yes but the stock Props from RCT-S800 are 6.5. order 4 extra set of these props they are 5.5 but it will not fit in the case due to it wider

Explain a little more on this please. From what i understand the more bend of the props. the motor have to work harder right because more thurst.

explain your Hint please. you mean allow the motor to spin more by having the props that doesnt bend as much ( low pitch) is that right?

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
The link that you show is a different style prop design all together. I have some of those and really like the looks of them, but have not had the time to test them. Hope they work as good as they look.Those are a new design that just came out in the last year..
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:24 AM
Joined Oct 2004
507 Posts
humm
Last edited by gjhinshaw; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:29 AM
Joined Oct 2004
507 Posts
burp
Last edited by gjhinshaw; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:30 AM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhinshaw View Post
Yes, that is correct. If you let me know what you want I can get it for you. I am still putting things up on the web site. But, it will be there soon.
Gerry
That perfect. make my S800 to have 2green for front and 4red for back. i have 3green 3red on it now. i just order 2 more esc (1red1green) and 2 arm(1X1O) and a motor from them just to have as a spare. Let me know
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:06 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
That's it? That's all you got? So for close to $1000 less we get better ESC's with SimonK, at least as good motors, most likely better propellers (almost impossible to get them worse) and now also reports of stiffer arms.. I'll re-solder a couple of led's for $1000 any day, if that is so critical...

Ohh. And where are the $20 DJI replacement arms for S800?.. If RCTimer can sell those bare-bone plastic arms for that price and still make money, it should tell you a lot about why DJI selected that solution in the first place instead of going with a proper CF solution. S800 is the only "pro" solution out there that doesn't use CF. And it's also the one with most vibration problems. I wonder if there is a connection..
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Last edited by jab; Feb 07, 2013 at 05:19 AM.