HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
We expected that to happen .... hence patent filed in China.
Never known patents to stop anyone
360walt is offline Find More Posts by 360walt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360walt View Post
Never known patents to stop anyone
It never stopped DJI before.
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old May 30, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,061 Posts
hahahahahahaha, China is awesome
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Old May 30, 2012, 06:44 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
I too will have to see how that works out here.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
530 Posts
Quote:
I too will have to see how that works out here.
Individuals and companyís infringe on patents every day. For instance the company I work for our patents are being stomped on by our competition constantly.
Our Attorneys require $500,000 retainer to defend one case most of our competition donít have enough money to bother with so we send letters demanding to stop infringing and we hope they do
So the more infringements you have the harder it is to defend just ask any company, I even heard they have fake Apple Stores in China complete with agents wearing the same Apple clothes.
360walt is offline Find More Posts by 360walt
Old May 30, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,662 Posts
This can only means bad news for the small guy.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old May 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360walt View Post
Individuals and companyís infringe on patents every day. For instance the company I work for our patents are being stomped on by our competition constantly.
Our Attorneys require $500,000 retainer to defend one case most of our competition donít have enough money to bother with so we send letters demanding to stop infringing and we hope they do
So the more infringements you have the harder it is to defend just ask any company, I even heard they have fake Apple Stores in China complete with agents wearing the same Apple clothes.
I too have a US Patent; and product was copied by a Chinese company sold thru a US distributor... and yes, legal fee to start would cost $100,000 in reserve. This was in 2005.
Since there is a legal dept here; we will see how this pans out.
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined May 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
I agree, I havent had an issue with RCTimer.. Cant wait for this
You better try CN copycats' ophone, applephone, 1phone, iiphone..... U will know what real iOS could possibly bring.
Dadsgr8t is offline Find More Posts by Dadsgr8t
Old May 30, 2012, 09:07 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,056 Posts
I am curious as to what DJI actually manufactures versus contracts out to have produced for them.

Those props have been out for a few months now and I've seen pics of a couple guys using them on their multirotors along with similar motors.

Is DJI similar to Hyperion in that they are a design house, but don't actually manufacture the things they sell? Or at the very most, do some limited manufacturing of certain items?

I'm only asking out of curiosity, not out of some nefarious reason.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:04 AM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,821 Posts
Take it as a compliment Sidney.... as the saying goes, 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'.

I stopped balking at clones of our products. Best strategy is to evolve your products faster than they can be cloned and/or offer superior quality and customer service. The offending cloners usually offer terrible support and the quality of the clones are usually substantially lower than the original.
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:18 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,244 Posts
Man that takes some balls to show a photo of the product you are cloning on your website and word for word duplicate their copy. The cost is higher that what I paid for my S800. I am a WKM owner and ordered before the special pricing ended. Hope DJI has success defending their patent claim.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Feb 2011
583 Posts
Oh hell yeah.

sidenote, lol@chinese patents...
pantherqs is offline Find More Posts by pantherqs
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:16 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
Take it as a compliment Sidney.... as the saying goes, 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'.

I stopped balking at clones of our products. Best strategy is to evolve your products faster than they can be cloned and/or offer superior quality and customer service. The offending cloners usually offer terrible support and the quality of the clones are usually substantially lower than the original.
Well said, DJ.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:33 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Well said, DJ.
agreed.....

it is too bad we continually see poor attempts at clones of good items.

the Rabbit Flight Controller..... comes to mind... the clone CopterControl Boards.

I hate the idea of people stealing someone else hard earned product and then providing poor/0 service and then we have n00bs comes here and ask why stuff doesnt work.

but in the end people dont all play by the same rules and so it is what it is.

I choose to buy products from the original manufactures and not fall into the Wal-Mart race to the bottom trap that so many fall into.

I hope that DJI continues to innovate and be a leader in the Chinese (they are a CN company right?) market.

too be honest the S800 frame isnt all that special, the motors and 6s power system kicks ASS though..... the frame is cool, but ill take that power system on any frame!
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:34 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
That was quick I wonder how long it will take them to clone the zen moose.

If dji price was cheap in the beginning my chines friends wouldn't have bother to clone it.
At the end of the day it's made by Chinese and cloned by Chinese.
The Chinese emperor smiles and so does the end user who is seeking somthing cheap.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa