SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:30 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
MSR paddles may be worth a try to combat the rocking. I can't do it because my board is acting strange, I have servo control but no throttle.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:34 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Be careful when you take it outside. Mine would only stay connected within about 30-40 feet. Further than that it will just fly off by itself.

Gerard.
I'll do a range check, thanks for the advice. More people having serious range issuess?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:37 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,962 Posts
I flew my Helios as far as my 6/6 eyes can see, but encountered no range issues.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:15 AM
The flightless bird
jameschen072's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
I have no range issues either. It seems that the RX boards do vary from one to another by quite a bit. My rudder isn't as touchy as some here experienced either
jameschen072 is online now Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:57 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Will putting a V911 flybar reduce the porpoising effect that is frustrating you?
I tried that once before and got flybar strikes like crazy.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:58 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
MSR paddles may be worth a try to combat the rocking. I can't do it because my board is acting strange, I have servo control but no throttle.
I do have them on a V911 FB. Have not tried that yet. Maybe tonight.
Sorry to hear about the throttle.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Sep 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,357 Posts
My Helios has no problem with rudder, no worse than rest of my micos 100 sized birds. Range is equal to the rest also. Maybe others are different ?? Flying outside I use hi grade AA batterties, not cheap $$ store junk. I never use TX to charge batteries and either usb or a/c chargers. F/P 28g helis outside in wind= crashing. Different folks / different strokes.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
OK, I did the v911 RX mod and I have to say.... I FRIGGIN' LOVE THIS HELI!...lol I was liking it before with the stock tx but after dropping in the v911 rx it flies fantastic with my 9x radio! The tail issues are gone! Quick & smooth now! I had already switched the blades to the v911 blades which are less brittle and a perfect fit. Now being able to use the 9x TX, it flies like a dream and I haven't even set anything up yet! - Very happy today
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:50 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
4,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
OK, I did the v911 RX mod and I have to say.... I FRIGGIN' LOVE THIS HELI!...lol I was liking it before with the stock tx but after dropping in the v911 rx it flies fantastic with my 9x radio! The tail issues are gone! Quick & smooth now! I had already switched the blades to the v911 blades which are less brittle and a perfect fit. Now being able to use the 9x TX, it flies like a dream and I haven't even set anything up yet! - Very happy today
Oh jeez. I'd not been considering picking this heli up because of the lack of FlySky compatibility but now... I've got a spare V911 RX board that was waiting for a breakdown or a project that is calling to me.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:55 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,191 Posts
ok, so if you guys put in a V911 board, WHAT is then still REALLY different from "just another 911" ??
I dont have one and wont get one (even IF I could get it to fly with the 9X that way) ...

so IŽd like to hear - looks to me that once you put a 911 board in, the two helis are practically the same ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:59 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
4,784 Posts
Dunno. Is it cheaper than buying a V911 BNF and the canopy/tail for the Hellos? I was under the impression that it had a different feel to how it flew--but then maybe that was how the RX was programmed? So, BlueHavoc, is it just a yellow V911 now? Or does it feel differently when you fly it from your other V911s?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
ok, so if you guys put in a V911 board, WHAT is then still REALLY different from "just another 911" ??
I dont have one and wont get one (even IF I could get it to fly with the 9X that way) ...

so IŽd like to hear - looks to me that once you put a 911 board in, the two helis are practically the same ...
Only the same in the sense of durability and great price! It flies much sportier like a jazzed up v911 with no flybar strikes.(at least that's my experience with the one I recieved) I love my v911's and this is like one set up for more speed and agility and a logical progression for me as a pilot. Now with addition of being able to use it with my 9x I have to say I'm thrilled with it.
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:03 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
ok, so if you guys put in a V911 board, WHAT is then still REALLY different from "just another 911" ??
I dont have one and wont get one (even IF I could get it to fly with the 9X that way) ...

so IŽd like to hear - looks to me that once you put a 911 board in, the two helis are practically the same ...
For one thing, the Helios is heavier,therefore has more momentum in flight. Not good or bad, just different. My observation is that Helios tends to stay on flight path better than the lighter v911, whereas the v911 is still the king as far as agility.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Dunno. Is it cheaper than buying a V911 BNF and the canopy/tail for the Hellos? I was under the impression that it had a different feel to how it flew--but then maybe that was how the RX was programmed? So, BlueHavoc, is it just a yellow V911 now? Or does it feel differently when you fly it from your other V911s?
It flies unlike any of my v911's, it is much faster and more agile, like a v911 modded for sport flying if you will... plus since I already had 2 new v911 rx's in my spare parts it was a no brainer upgrade to be able to use it with my 9x Tx. Even with the same rx as a v911 it still flies differently, I don't know if it's the head set up or more throw on the servos or what the reason is but mine definitely flies the same as with the stock rx, only now my former tail probs are gone! I actually bought a yellow v911 with the helios and I love it but it flies just like my other v911's very nice and predictable, my Helios is faster more agile and takes a little more skill.
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Sep 27, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
For one thing, the Helios is heavier,therefore has more momentum in flight. Not good or bad, just different. My observation is that Helios tends to stay on flight path better than the lighter v911, whereas the v911 is still the king as far as agility.
Sounds like the Solo Pro 260 vs 270. Latter is heavier, and is more stable in wind, but the 260 is more agile. Still wonder if Benma looked a lot at the 270 when conceiving the Helios, just like WL Toys did with the V911.

I hope I'll soon know, still haven't heard a shipping confirmation from BG though...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log helios build thread krikkens Hand Launch 66 Oct 24, 2012 08:28 PM
For Sale Helios DLG kits Wave Glider Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 06, 2012 10:09 PM
Discussion FW5 Vs. Helios DLG Launching Sound Beetle-Jet Hand Launch 20 Jan 09, 2012 01:12 AM
Sold Helios 90e pattern ship NIB tommy s Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 24, 2011 10:25 PM
Sold Hyperion Helios 90 flyingtomg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Sep 15, 2011 09:04 AM