Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:18 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
Hello everyone,

Is the BM038892 a Helios 1xx in a fuselage? The Benma website doesn't show any of the products as being a Helios. They only use part #s with the pics. From the website, I can't even tell if the Helios 110 or 120 is a reality yet.
It looks very similar to the SH6035 that I had reviewed earlier. I doubt that has a Helios inside, mainly because the flybar is not paddled. The Helios paddled flybar is only half the length of the rotor blade.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:23 PM
Take flight
Joined Aug 2004
2,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
Hello everyone,

Is the BM038892 a Helios 1xx in a fuselage? The Benma website doesn't show any of the products as being a Helios. They only use part #s with the pics. From the website, I can't even tell if the Helios 110 or 120 is a reality yet.
Hey GooberSB,
FyreSG did a comprehensive review on that particular aircraft...The Helios 110 and 120 are cancelled projects and they should be replaced by FBL aircraft... It isn't built on a Helios 100 frame either.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,006 Posts
James, please tell Benma to reduce the sensitivity of the rudder for both low and high rates.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:03 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,088 Posts
Thanks very much for those quick answers.

I love the fuselage on this particular heli and was hoping it was a Helios. I'm sorry the others were cancelled but I am excited to learn about the FBL models coming.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:52 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Just came back from testing of my Benma Helios 100 from outdoors, together with my Solo Pro 100D and Walkera Ladybird. Winds were moderate.

Verdict is, the Helios 100 cannot hold well against moderate winds. I was struggling to move it forward against the direction of the wind. Also ended up crashing the heli after it was blown off by the wind. Luckily only the landing skids fell apart and nothing else harmed.

The results were very different when I tried with my Solo Pro 100D and Walkera Ladybird. The Ladybird glides through the wind with ease and retains its control. The Solo Pro 100D also held well against the wind, and was the first time I tested it in outdoors.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:19 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I see. And now that you reminded me, I remember reading your review several days ago. And after soldering on an antenna, you're still just getting 40-50 ft of range. Something is definitely wrong with that picture. I hope that your seller will send you a replacement Rx board. Good luck, man.
Have one on the way .
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:35 AM
Take flight
Joined Aug 2004
2,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFMeouch View Post
Just came back from testing of my Benma Helios 100 from outdoors, together with my Solo Pro 100D and Walkera Ladybird. Winds were moderate.

Verdict is, the Helios 100 cannot hold well against moderate winds. I was struggling to move it forward against the direction of the wind. Also ended up crashing the heli after it was blown off by the wind. Luckily only the landing skids fell apart and nothing else harmed.

The results were very different when I tried with my Solo Pro 100D and Walkera Ladybird. The Ladybird glides through the wind with ease and retains its control. The Solo Pro 100D also held well against the wind, and was the first time I tested it in outdoors.
That should be the expected verdict, Quadcopters and FBL CP helis can handle winds that even the biggest FP helis cannot. FBL FPs are better, but still..if it's windy, your best bet is the ladybird (it can handle winds that none of the others in my fleet can!)
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,006 Posts
While we're at the topic of CP helicopters, the soon-to-be-released HiSky FBL80 is compared against the V911 here: http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=675352

Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:17 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
While we're at the topic of CP helicopters, the soon-to-be-released HiSky FBL80 is compared against the V911 here: http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=675352

oh, so someone already cloned the Ncpx before it is even out ??? ...

wait ... is that an FBL with flybar ??? < ... or are my eyes really getting THAT bad ??? ...

omg!!! my eyes ARE getting THAT bad >
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Sep 09, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,006 Posts
It's a flybarless 6 channel CP helicopter. I noticed that the gap between the rotor and the main body seems higher than that of the nCPX.

Maybe we should discuss this in a separate thread?
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:58 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,820 Posts
The FBL80 has a canopy only a mother could love.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:38 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
It's a flybarless 6 channel CP helicopter. I noticed that the gap between the rotor and the main body seems higher than that of the nCPX.

Maybe we should discuss this in a separate thread?
sure, whynot?? ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1719536
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:34 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,248 Posts
so, how does the helios paddle do on a v911, compared to a msr paddle?

i need to order a ton of spare blades (lost 3 blades in 2 days, all have shatterd where the screw holds them together :<) and might aswell grab some paddles while im at it.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:03 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
so, how does the helios paddle do on a v911, compared to a msr paddle?

i need to order a ton of spare blades (lost 3 blades in 2 days, all have shatterd where the screw holds them together :<) and might aswell grab some paddles while im at it.
Not what we had hoped for. Helios paddles behave more like weights than paddles. Didn't see any benefits at all (at least for indoor flight, have not flown outdoors). I have not tried it with the weights off (don't intend to either), but I doubt it will out-perform the MSR style paddles we've been using.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Not what we had hoped for. Helios paddles behave more like weights than paddles. Didn't see any benefits at all (at least for indoor flight, have not flown outdoors). I have not tried it with the weights off (don't intend to either), but I doubt it will out-perform the MSR style paddles we've been using.
Wow, that's a shame. Even the paddles we were waiting for sound disappointing
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc