HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:41 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,689 Posts
Darn. So there she wrote. Not 9x compatible. I almost pulled the trigger when I saw it appear for preorder on Banggood. Glad I didn't. Perhaps it's easy to put a v911 RX on there?

James, can you check if it's a direct bolt on or have a picture of the Helio's RX so we can compare ourselves? Thanks!!!
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Darn. So there she wrote. Not 9x compatible. I almost pulled the trigger when I saw it appear for preorder on Banggood. Glad I didn't. Perhaps it's easy to put a v911 RX on there?

James, can you check if it's a direct bolt on or have a picture of the Helio's RX so we can compare ourselves? Thanks!!!
I'm curious about the main motor thrust, flight times....flight performance vs a stock V911.

Of course I thought about V911 Rx transplants to use my 9x Tx.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,689 Posts
If a BnF appears, then I'll pull the trigger. To satisfy my curiosity.

Otherwise, it's a dead heli to me at this point.

Forgot to say Thank you Brosol for digging up all those old post. You're my RCG search google!
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Yep wait for a BNF & spare parts to build myself more 9x Tx compatible Frankenhelis.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:42 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,664 Posts
I hope a receiver swap is straightforward then. Don't feel much like adding another TX to the "pile". And I wonder how it performs compared the a SP270 with 260 or V911 receiver, so it's not held back by the reduced throws of the stock 270 receiver.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:12 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Well, good news and bad news..
Bad news:
a few problems have surfaced relating to weight and cost..so the Helios 100 will be without the originally promised independent servos. I am still pushing the company towards making plugs so that swapping out parts would be easier than the V911. The heli is still not Turnigy compatible.

Good news:
Expect a FBL version of the Helios 100 (possibly named the 100S) to be available around Christmas or early next year. AND the Helios 100 is going to be priced CHEAPER than the V911 as far as I'm told (it's aimed at being the cheapest and best performing 4 channel paddled heli on the market)
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:47 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
A CP heli will not perform well with the crappy toy grade tx's they are sold with
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:34 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Not cp,but a fbl fp
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:44 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Bad news:
a few problems have surfaced relating to weight and cost..so the Helios 100 will be without the originally promised independent servos. I am still pushing the company towards making plugs so that swapping out parts would be easier than the V911. The heli is still not Turnigy compatible.

Good news:
Expect a FBL version of the Helios 100 (possibly named the 100S) to be available around Christmas or early next year. AND the Helios 100 is going to be priced CHEAPER than the V911 as far as I'm told (it's aimed at being the cheapest and best performing 4 channel paddled heli on the market)
Then they should rather price it the way they FIRST planned and give it the better parts to make it the " ... best performing 4ch paddled heli ..."
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:48 AM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Bad news:

Good news:
Although "cheaper than a V911" is a nice goal, I hope performance dictates what they do, not just the "cheap" goal. If it's better than a V911, I'm ok with paying the same or a couple bucks more for it.

Any chance they're working on a CP version?
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,293 Posts
Im afraid you lost me at the non compatibility , no need for even more transmitters when the v911 can cope very well with the 4ch fp.
I understand its a protocol reason but still.. surely a much better decision to use the v911 boards and just upgrade were necessary.
Shame , but thats life.
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
@FyreSG, unfortunately, the 2.4G protocol is completely different to the V911's. There is a version of the Helios that will use the stock V911 rx I believe, but that will use the V911's built in servos and soldered rx. I will talk to the boss of Benma about it... but unfortunately the Helios 100 will not be able to bind with your tx for sure
Are there still plans to release a Helios version with V911 Rx?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
I'm curious about the main motor thrust, flight times....flight performance vs a stock V911.

Of course I thought about V911 Rx transplants to use my 9x Tx.
Same here... I was very excited when the Helios was first brought up, but after they decided to lose the 9x compatibility that lessened my interest considerably. Then after seeing the flight videos and seeing it really didn't seem to fly better than the already great flying v911, I've lost even more interest. I like the idea of paddles but I really didn't see any great improvement. The price sounds great for a rtf but I have far too many extra tx's lying around from rtf's already and if it doesn't fly better than what I already own, why bother. If a super cheap bnf version comes out and it's easy to swith to a v911 rx I might try one, other than that I don't see anything that different from the v911. I'll keep buying v911 bnf's and or wait for a fbl or buy another quad
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Jul 13, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:28 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
If a BnF appears, then I'll pull the trigger. To satisfy my curiosity.

Otherwise, it's a dead heli to me at this point.

Forgot to say Thank you Brosol for digging up all those old post. You're my RCG search google!
Ditto! And I hope that the manufacturer is taking notes and keeping count.

9x compatibility is THAT important to me. I have one open space in my carrying case for this model if it were 9x compatible. Otherwise, meh, our own mod version will suffice.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:07 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Me also, I'm out - unless they make a compatible version or a super cheap BNF that I can drop a v911 rx in easily...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc