HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by planebldr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 30, 2012, 02:06 AM
Brillion,WI 54110
Joined Jul 2009
578 Posts
Trader Rating: 87
Sold
Here we go again Sundowner 50 RTF just add radio and lipos..$285 plus shipping

So I changed my mind again.....yup I still have fallen in love with larger aircraft....so this is the last "small" plane I have left....and I have my sights set on another large aircraft. So, I am going to see if there is any interest in my Sundowner 50. It was a slimer at one time...I am 4th owner...but I know all previous owners and it was never crashed or landed hard. They all flew it a few times....decided it was too fast and sold it. Previous owner before me converted it to electric but with a tame power system...then I got it Now it has a Turnigy SK3 50-55 430KV motor, Castle Creations ICE100 ESC so you can run 8s, Tenergy 2000mAh 6v receiver pack, JRDS821 servos, Tru Turn Spinner, Aluminum hub wheels, Carbon Fiber wheel pants, and a "custom" paint scheme. I had two Sundowners at the time and I couldn't have both the same....so I prepped and painted the orange black. I saw somebody do a carbon fiber look paint scheme on Youtube so I tried it. Its not perfect but it looks cool. Oh, I also put checkering on the bottom as well...and there is a white "blotch" on LH side of canopy from previous owner getting CA or something inside....you can kind of see it on the 4th pic. Be the only one with a Sundowner like this!! The current prop is a 12X13, but will include a few other props I have so you can do some amp draw tests for yourself......but I have not flown it yet with this power system. I know it flies...I've witnessed it myself plenty of times...just not with this power system. I will include a "Y" harness to allow 8s hookup as well. Any questions or additional pictures feel free to ask....I want to be sure you know what your getting. I think I can make a box to ship and have it just under the "expensive" rate. Just be aware the box may not be pretty...but it will be heavily protected inside. Asking $285 plus shipping or LPU WI Green Bay, Appleton area....for everything just add radio and lipos!
Also including a Castle link adapter as well.....buy it before I change my mind again!
planebldr is offline Find More Posts by planebldr
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread