HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Did you try holding it out at eye level and throttling up to see if the swashplate is staying basically level? I know that you can do this on the bench with the motor off, but maybe something is different with it on.
I did think about doing this, but did not due to safety concerns. I can try this out by tethering it to a perforated plastic table I have.

Quote:
Mine started acting weird after a minor crash. It also was trying to tip to the left side and backwards on take off. I checked everything I could think of. Found out that I had run the battery too low. Put in a fully charged one and it was back to normal.
Strange things happen at low battery power, and my transmitter was on the lower side (2 bars).
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:36 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
how do you know that the servos are powered up??? Do the servos move with the Tx controls correctly and properly BUT you are not getting any motor OR are the servos NOT working and you don't have any motor?

OK further UPDATE: When you turn on the NASA701 Transmitter the LEFT switch MUST be in DOWN Position. Right Switch MUST Be in UP position. Receiver will not bind if you turn on the Transmitter with the Left Switch in UP position. Try this to see if it helps

TX will only bind to other Skyartec Receivers and not to any other brands

You might have to return the set to your dealer for repair or replacement

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Ok left switch is down and right switch is up both side levers are down and all stick are at rest.
I have taken the control rod out of the holder and lined up the servo back to the standard position.
If i move the servo's manually so they are off center then I turn on the TX then the heli all servo's snap to center which means they are getting power to them.
Not that they are being controlled but they have power from the RX snapping them back to center.

I have contacted Silver Sky Hobby's the Australian Skyartec distributor that I brought it from and I am waiting to see what he says about it and if he can either send replacement parts or repair it.

Thanks for all of your help.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Dec 07, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:53 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Just a simple question.

How do your reset the SKY-X302V RX ??

And would I need to get a Programing Board to reprogram the ESC If I brought a new Skyartec BMC-15amp ESC as I will be buying some spares soon and just wanted to know if they are pre programmed or not?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:43 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
916 Posts
Skyartec RX and ESC Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Just a simple question.

How do your reset the SKY-X302V RX ??

And would I need to get a Programing Board to reprogram the ESC If I brought a new Skyartec BMC-15amp ESC as I will be buying some spares soon and just wanted to know if they are pre programmed or not?
That's two questions

Skyartec has a programmer for the Sky X302v Rx, should you need to make setting changes to the Rx

About the replacement ESC units, we have found that all of the OEM Skyartec ESCs we have used to replace bad ESC units on the bench for customers have worked correctly out of the package. See this RC Groups Post I wrote on how to set the Throttle High and Low points using the Transmitter: Skyartec ESC Throttle Reset Post
There is also a ESC Program Card available that you can use to change the tune, start up mode etc

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Dec 2008
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
I did think about doing this, but did not due to safety concerns. I can try this out by tethering it to a perforated plastic table I have. .
You can use the left switch in the down position to turn the motor off for this type of checking of the swash plate and other adjustments. For complete safety we carefully unplug any two motor wires from the ESC

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,472 Posts
Question about exponential

In order to get quicker response closer to center stick would I raise or lower the exponential numerical value in the tx?

Never mind, I figured it out. I raised the numerical value 40 points from stock and now the response is more to my liking.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Last edited by Pa flyer; Dec 10, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:51 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
That's two questions

Skyartec has a programmer for the Sky X302v Rx, should you need to make setting changes to the Rx

About the replacement ESC units, we have found that all of the OEM Skyartec ESCs we have used to replace bad ESC units on the bench for customers have worked correctly out of the package. See this RC Groups Post I wrote on how to set the Throttle High and Low points using the Transmitter: Skyartec ESC Throttle Reset Post
There is also a ESC Program Card available that you can use to change the tune, start up mode etc

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Firstly sorry for the 2 questions instead of only the one.

I tried the throttle reset thing but the RX didn't even respond to the TX at all it just flashed 4 times and turned off and the motor played it's music.
I am beginning to think that either the TX isn't transmitting a signal or the RX isn't receiving as it should have responded to the TX with the throttle up.

Also If I have to reset the RX with the programer and the ESC with the program card where can I get them and what are the default settings ?
Last edited by Whizgig; Dec 10, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
There seems to be minimal interest in this helicopter. Why? I really like mine and wonder why there isn't more written about it. Availability maybe? What do you other owners have to say? How about likes, dislikes, mods, tips, set up, different pitch and throttle curves, etc. Lets hear from you. We can all benefit.
I think people are moving towards 450 clones for similar pricing, however that doesn't mean those helis are the best ones for them at their skill level. Most people also fly what other club members fly and that seams to be 450s. The x3v seams to be a great all around heli, but the only thing that would concern me how it does in the wind.
othercents is offline Find More Posts by othercents
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,472 Posts
A not so good idea

The one thing I didn't like on my Wasp from the start was the crummy looking cowl decals that in my opinion cheapen an otherwise well made helicopter. (I see the newer ones are now coming through with the same scheme but painted: a 100% improvement).

Anyway, I decided to take the decals off and paint the cowl. Well, the faux windshield decals came off without a problem. The rest would not come off with paint remover, acetone, carb cleaner, gasoline: anything! I wound up painting over them.

So kids, don't try this at home. At least now I have a crummy looking one of a kind paint job.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:38 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
The one thing I didn't like on my Wasp from the start was the crummy looking cowl decals that in my opinion cheapen an otherwise well made helicopter. (I see the newer ones are now coming through with the same scheme but painted: a 100% improvement).

Anyway, I decided to take the decals off and paint the cowl. Well, the faux windshield decals came off without a problem. The rest would not come off with paint remover, acetone, carb cleaner, gasoline: anything! I wound up painting over them.

So kids, don't try this at home. At least now I have a crummy looking one of a kind paint job.
It looks ok to me well done did you try a hair dryer which would soften the glue but not to hot to warp the plastic?
But yes the canopy is shocking and the fact that it is the old X3 canopy and not a new one made for this model dose let it down I was thinking of finding a replacement one or do as you have done.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Receiver not working?

Well my X3V now has exactly the same problem as Whizgig's. When I power up, the servos move up and down, but no red light on the receiver, no binding, and no gyro response on the servos. The ESC plays out its tune.

Both switches on the transmitter were in the correct position when powered on.

It worked fine yesterday.

What is the small button at the end of the receiver? Is it a reset button?

To say that I'm disappointed would be an understatement.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:42 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
I am trying to deal with Skyartec at the moment but they just keep saying it's code pairing?? and to press and hold the button until the green lights come on ??
I have never seen any green lights ??
I will let you know how it goes.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Update: Pressed the little button and succeeded in re-binding the heli. Again this is missing in the documentation and on the website. In fact they do not even give the function of the little button on the front of the X-302V.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Dec 2008
916 Posts
Dealing with factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I am trying to deal with Skyartec at the moment but they just keep saying it's code pairing?? and to press and hold the button until the green lights come on ??
I have never seen any green lights ??
I will let you know how it goes.
Maybe they are thinking you have the newest receiver, the GY3-05 - SKY-X303V.
You might be better off working with your dealer on a warranty replacement or repair. If you continue to work with the factory, explain to them you have the GY3-02 receiver.
They are simply trying to provide you with the same information and instructions we provided to you here. If your receiver will not bind to the transmitter there is an issue that needs to be addressed. The Rx or the Tx or both are not functioning correctly. Sounds like you will need to get them replaced from the dealer or the factory.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 12, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Dec 2008
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Update: Pressed the little button and succeeded in re-binding the heli. Again this is missing in the documentation and on the website. In fact they do not even give the function of the little button on the front of the X-302V.
Not missing. This is not a factual statement
Reset instructions are in X3V instruction manuals on page 10 of either manual.
You should have the correct manual on the Factory CD that came with your helicopter.
You can download the correct manual from our website here:

Skyartec X3V Helicopter with Sky706 Tx or the NASA 701 Tx with X302V Receiver

Skyartec X3V Helicopter with the NASA701 Tx and new X303V Receiver

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 12, 2012 at 09:12 AM.