HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,613 Posts
Need a favor please

When my Wasp is hovering and I goose the throttle real quick, the tail will jerk to the right about two inches or so and then instantly recover. I put a message in to Max at ParkRC, but haven't heard back from him yet. Tried messing with the gyro gain in the tx: no luck.

Would one of you guys, when you're flying again, try blipping the throttle quick and see if yours does the same thing. For all I know this may be normal. Maybe the servo just can't react quickly enough. Since I'm a noob, maybe I'm worried about nothing. I'd really appreciate it if you'd try it and let me know what yours does.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:19 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
After you've turned on the tx and plugged in the battery and the music starts, hold the button down for a couple of seconds. It should bind. I say "should" because awhile back mine did the same thing and wouldn't bind. I had been flying in damp, cold conditions and I think I might have had a condensation problem. The next morning it bound on the first try and has been good ever since.
nope still no go i have the heli in a warmish room all the time and only fly outside on nice days.
I flew it and waited 30 min and then recharged the batteries and that's when it wouldn't work.
The only other thing I did was to turn the tail servo placement so the rod was lined up straight going through the guide to the tail.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:31 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Tail Kick Question

Quote:
When my Wasp is hovering and I goose the throttle real quick, the tail will jerk to the right about two inches or so and then instantly recover. I put a message in to Max at ParkRC, but haven't heard back from him yet. Tried messing with the gyro gain in the tx: no luck.

Would one of you guys, when you're flying again, try blipping the throttle quick and see if yours does the same thing. For all I know this may be normal. Maybe the servo just can't react quickly enough. Since I'm a noob, maybe I'm worried about nothing. I'd really appreciate it if you'd try it and let me know what yours does.
As promised, I did post this question to the factory. We will advise you when they can provide answer; remember this is the Xmas holiday and all of us, including the factory, are jammed up with business. We didn't forget your question, as it is important to us. We just need more time than usual to get an answer.

For the moment, don't mess with the Tx Settings; restore those back to the settings they were at when we shipped it.

UPDATE: this reply from the factory and I quote:
"Regarding the question of your buyer about X3v, our technical guys said it
is no problem the tail Jerk and move quickly to right if move the throttle
up quickly in normal flight mode. It is normal movement of the helicopter in
this condition."

Perhaps it is the sudden jolt and increase in power to the motor that causes the tail belt and tail to spin more rapidly than the gyro can compensate for instantaneously

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 06, 2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:34 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Ok I have a problem with my receiver I turn on the TX and then the Heli ESC dose it's three beeps and the red light flashes then the red light goes off and the ESC plays its music etc, ESC finishes it's thing and then nothing.

If I push the button on the receiver it flashes but won't bind.
I have reset the TX to factory settings but it still wont work, any suggestions??

TX NASA701
RX SKY-X302V
Beeps come from motor, not the ESC. So this means you are getting power.. Turn off transmitter. Turn on the Tranmitter and immediately connect the battery to the helicopter. Push in and hold the button for 5 Seconds, then release. Let us know if this helps

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:08 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Changes to the agility control

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
Great thanks for the added clarity on this as I did see that in the review. Why is it shipped this way?
We ship with the agility as set at factory. We video tape a final test flight and send link to the buyer. We ship the helicopter in the MOST agility setting in the 3 Axis Gyro Setting to help the beginner get confidence and flying experience. The first thing a beginner needs to learn is how to hover. With the agility control set at this level the beginner will find it much easier to control and learn to hover. Over 95 percent of the buyers of this helicopter are just learning to fly RC Helicopters.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:08 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Beeps come from motor, not the ESC. So this means you are getting power.. Turn off transmitter. Turn on the Tranmitter and immediately connect the battery to the helicopter. Push in and hold the button for 5 Seconds, then release. Let us know if this helps

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Nope no go.

I turn on the TX turn on the Heli RX flashes 3-4 times and turns off the light, Motor at the same time dose it's beeps then plays its music etc and then the TX beeps and heli dose its final trill and then nothing. All the servo's etc are powered up but no binding to the TX.

If I do as you said and plug in the heli and press and hold the button for 5 or more seconds everything is the same as above but the RX just keeps flashing non stop.

I have also tried it with new batteries in both the TX & RX but it's still the same.

I just went to Skyartec website and according to them if the light is off then it means that there is no signal from the TX.
So I might have to have a look at the TX to see if I can bind it to another RX that I have around here and also check to see if the RX can be bound to another TX I have.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Dec 06, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,613 Posts
Answer from Max

Quote:

Max contacted me about my question. He heard back from the factory and they said that the tail kicking out is normal. So obviously it was nothing to be concerned about. Just to let you guys know; Max is very helpful and always there to answer your questions.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,613 Posts
Is it a guide?

Quote:
nope still no go i have the heli in a warmish room all the time and only fly outside on nice days.
I flew it and waited 30 min and then recharged the batteries and that's when it wouldn't work.
The only other thing I did was to turn the tail servo placement so the rod was lined up straight going through the guide to the tail.
I don't really think that's a guide. Mine didn't come with the rod in it and the hole is too small and will bind if you tighten the mounting screw enough to hold the bracket firmly in position.

What I did was make a little loop out of aluminum flashing to hold the rod and attached it to the bracket screw.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
..........The only other thing I did was to turn the tail servo placement so the rod was lined up straight going through the guide to the tail.
Just to be clear; the tail servo rod should ride outside the boom support holder. It will not line up properly is you try to put it in the holder.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
I don't really think that's a guide. Mine didn't come with the rod in it and the hole is too small and will bind if you tighten the mounting screw enough to hold the bracket firmly in position.

What I did was make a little loop out of aluminum flashing to hold the rod and attached it to the bracket screw.
While this might make you feel better about the tail servo rod, it is not really necessary to try to redesign that part of the helicopter and is not a factory oversight. The rod was designed to work directly without going though any additonal holder.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Nope no go.

...and then nothing. All the servo's etc are powered up but no binding to the TX.

..........So I might have to have a look at the TX to see if I can bind it to another RX that I have around here and also check to see if the RX can be bound to another TX I have.
how do you know that the servos are powered up??? Do the servos move with the Tx controls correctly and properly BUT you are not getting any motor OR are the servos NOT working and you don't have any motor?

OK further UPDATE: When you turn on the NASA701 Transmitter the LEFT switch MUST be in DOWN Position. Right Switch MUST Be in UP position. Receiver will not bind if you turn on the Transmitter with the Left Switch in UP position. Try this to see if it helps

Tx will only bind to other Skyartec Receivers and not to any other brands

You might have to return the set to your dealer for repair or replacement

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 06, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Does training gear produce any problems with the 3-axis system on the X3V, and do you have to hit the throttle suddenly to get it into the air to allow the FBL system to act? Why am I getting a wild, uncontrollable tipover bordering on somersault to the left? I can't even get it in the air because of it. Anyone have any ideas?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Does training gear produce any problems with the 3-axis system on the X3V, and do you have to hit the throttle suddenly to get it into the air to allow the FBL system to act? Why am I getting a wild, uncontrollable tipover bordering on somersault to the left? I can't even get it in the air because of it. Anyone have any ideas?
What is the Serial Number of your Helicopter? It will Start With WHV

Maybe your changes to the servo arms? Did you fly it as it came from the factory or only after some changes have been made?

Did you make any changes to the agility control or the elevator/aileron gyro sensitivity dials on the receiver?

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 06, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,613 Posts
Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Did you try holding it out at eye level and throttling up to see if the swashplate is staying basically level? I know that you can do this on the bench with the motor off, but maybe something is different with it on.

Mine started acting weird after a minor crash. It also was trying to tip to the left side and backwards on take off. I checked everything I could think of. Found out that I had run the battery too low. Put in a fully charged one and it was back to normal.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
What is the Serial Number of your Helicopter? It will Start With WHV

Maybe your changes to the servo arms? Did you fly it as it came from the factory or only after some changes have been made?

Did you make any changes to the agility control or the elevator/aileron gyro sensitivity dials on the receiver?

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
It is WHV00492. The first time I flew it, it flew very nicely (for a few beautiful seconds!), unfortunately in the reverse direction as I had a stripped pitch servo and did not know it. After I replaced the servo, I've had this problem.

I did not make any changes to the elevator-aileron dials, they are still how they came from the factory. I will put up a picture as well, with this post.

Is the stock pitch curve (Normal curve) supposed to give zero pitch at mid-stick throttle position? I had the pitch curve at -2,-2,0, 5, 11, and maybe the violent movement is due to ground effect as suggested by PA flyer?

I've also noticed a servo actuation sound randomly, without any input, while the heli was bound and basically sitting on the table? The gyro doing something or maybe its defective?

A thought: Why has the X-302V been replaced by the X-303 on the X3V and X3S? Was it just an upgrade or a problem fix?

Attached:

Servo pictures at zero pitch and receiver dial positions.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Last edited by Lentar; Dec 06, 2012 at 10:14 PM.