HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,613 Posts
Outstanding service

Received an order today from Max at Parkrcmodels.com and one of the parts shipped was wrong. Contacted Max and he sent out the right part today and told me to keep the wrong one for my troubles. This is an outfit that's committed to it's customers and you can purchase from them knowing you'll be treated fairly.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:39 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Received an order today from Max at Parkrcmodels.com and one of the parts shipped was wrong. Contacted Max and he sent out the right part today and told me to keep the wrong one for my troubles. This is an outfit that's committed to it's customers and you can purchase from them knowing you'll be treated fairly.
Yep they are amazing I just wish I could order from them but because I am in Australia I can't due to the outrageous cost of postage from the US.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:56 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yep they are amazing I just wish I could order from them but because I am in Australia I can't due to the outrageous cost of postage from the US.
Yep, postage from USA to Australia is more costly than domestic shipping. However we use the PO Flat Rate Carton when doing International Shipping. This carton can hold a large number of parts - almost everything on the list, except for the canopies or the landing gear training kit. We suggest that International Buyers bundle their purchases, to take advantage of the shipment costs. The flat rate to Australia is around $16

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:34 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Yep, postage from USA to Australia is more costly than domestic shipping. However we use the PO Flat Rate Carton when doing International Shipping. This carton can hold a large number of parts - almost everything on the list, except for the canopies or the landing gear training kit. We suggest that International Buyers bundle their purchases, to take advantage of the shipment costs. The flat rate to Australia is around $16

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Cool thanks for letting me know about the carton I will buy from you when I make my next order of parts ect.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Why is there a warning not to straighten bent canopy mounts-to prevent them from breaking? Or damaging the shaft mount?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Why is there a warning not to straighten bent canopy mounts-to prevent them from breaking? Or damaging the shaft mount?
If they arrive installed in the heli and are not straight and are bent, they are more than likely bent at the inner end next to the threaded post. If you try to straighten them, they could break off at the base, leaving the threaded stub inside the main shaft holder. Buried deep inside the main shaft holder, these little stubs will be impossible to remove. You would have to remove the main shaft to replace this holder. It is simpler to just unscrew the bent canopy stator and replace with a new one

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Disconnecting the motor?

The way its been wired up, to disconnect the motor would require the heat-shrink be cut and the motor wires pullled away, or is there a better way?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
The way its been wired up, to disconnect the motor would require the heat-shrink be cut and the motor wires pullled away, or is there a better way?
motor is connected to the ESC with bullet connectors; no need to cut the wires

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Setting up for hover

After taking off, my X3V (non U.S. version) did a very fast reverse flight. This was its first flight, and I set up the NASA 701 as per the instruction manual. Servos were working fine. I did not perform a swash leveling or anything, and sub-trims were zero. Only minor damage, but I do not want a repeat. I'll check the swash, what else could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
After taking off, my X3V (non U.S. version) did a very fast reverse flight. This was its first flight, and I set up the NASA 701 as per the instruction manual. Servos were working fine. I did not perform a swash leveling or anything, and sub-trims were zero. Only minor damage, but I do not want a repeat. I'll check the swash, what else could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
What do you mean (non U.S. version) ?? What do you mean by fast reverse flight? You mean throttle is on right side stick? (mode 1) or throttle on left side stick (mode 2). What do you mean you setup up Tx per instruction manual? These are test flown at factory and should fly out of the box with no tweaking or configurations? (unless there was shipping damage). Sounds like you have the incorrect settings for the FBL helicopter. or you have a mode 1 Tx setup using a mode 2 configuration or vice versa. Hard to tell without a more detailed explanation of the flight behavior at take off.

What country are you in? your profile here does not show that information

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:42 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Hi Lentar,

It sounds to me that there could be 3 things wrong with the setup you have.

1: You are not in the right mode as in mode 1 or 2.
2: You have not selected Heli FBL mode.
3: You are in idle up mode.

If I was you I would reset the TX to the factory settings.

Hi parkflying,
The manual has the settings in it for the NASA 701 TX for this model to set it up but you are saying not to use it but to reset it back to the factory setting is that correct?
I have set mine up to what it says in the manual and mine flyes fine, I didn't have to change anything on the heli itself but if you are saying this is wrong then I will reset it and use that.
Last edited by Whizgig; Nov 16, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:40 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Ok I have found out why your heli isnt flying properly.

On page 15 picture no 21 servo reversing the picture is for mode 1 not mode 2 so set it up the reverse of what it is pictured.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Ok I have found out why your heli isnt flying properly.

On page 15 picture no 21 servo reversing the picture is for mode 1 not mode 2 so set it up the reverse of what it is pictured.
Yes that is how I set it up. Movements of the swash seem correct, should I still reverse it? How about putting up a screenshot of your LCD?
Last edited by Lentar; Nov 16, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean (non U.S. version) ??
Bought from Chinese merchant.

Quote:
What do you mean by fast reverse flight? You mean throttle is on right side stick? (mode 1) or throttle on left side stick (mode 2). What do you mean you setup up Tx per instruction manual?
I am using mode 2, and it sure was mode two since the left stick was operating the throttle and rudder. Like Whizgig, I used all the settings in the instruction manual, and it was set for FBL.

Fast reverse flight means I increased the throttle and the heli took off and then moved rapidly backwards as if I had given full reverse cyclic. Problem is I hadn't given any reverse cyclic. In fact I had my hand off the right stick....I've since found out that the "pitch servo" is stripped, so I'm guessing the swash had 'locked' in a rearward tilt position. I did have a 'tipover', so I think that could have stripped the servo.

By the way is it necessary to use the Skyartec servo, or could I use one of my other 9g servos?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Sponge-foam landing pads

Here is a picture of the sponge-foam landing pads I made to use instead of the ping-pong training gear. I think they could have contributed to my tipover, anyone have any comments? (I know that they are ugly!)